Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

my gt2 is up for grabs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Reid55
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife is fine with $129k but not $139k?? :-) If dancing in this range, get the one you want, with the color and options you want and the miles you want - don't let $10k get in the way between a 9k mile first choice and a 22k mile second choice car .
Old 12-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
I dealt with Chicago Motor Cars. I offered to PPI if they would take care of DME. Ended up with a rude "no" response that IMO ended our transaction. Didn't feel compelled to respond. They were sticking to $126K a few weeks ago.
Being from the area, I have always had that feeling Chicago Motor Cars is a sketchy place and have never bought from them. This seals the deal for me. http://www.chicagomotorcarssuck.com
Old 12-04-2014, 11:08 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Word of mouth is your best salesman................
He won’t be around much longer.
I hope the Karma thing is for real!
Old 12-04-2014, 02:54 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
Being from the area, I have always had that feeling Chicago Motor Cars is a sketchy place and have never bought from them. This seals the deal for me. http://www.chicagomotorcarssuck.com
Yes, I saw that website as well and all the Google Reviews.

It made me want to get all my "i"'s dotted and "t"'s crossed even more.

Any sign of a possible yellow flag, and I am out. But just being plain rude when the buyer is trying to work is solution will always lose my business. It certainly all worked out for the better as I wanted the sport buckets, no transport charges, and mooty as my special weapon.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:30 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

Originally Posted by Camisade
FTR, I love the look and the setup -- wheels, lights, seats, tune, exhaust...everything. And I'm in the immediate market for an '08 GT2. I'd love to give this one a good home.

Alas, there're two other GT2's in the area (up in Chicago) that are priced at $129K and $139K respectively, and I'm wife-budgeted only for the lower priced of the two, AND I'm kinda limited to working with a dealer because I need to trade a car as part of the deal... Or do I? PM sent. :-)
i am not that old, married 20 years. the key for me is to not report anything car related. i own no porsches. i borrow friend's cars and i help them wash it so they let me drive them. i buy slicks with no grooves b/c they are old used tires that no one wnats and thus really cheap. my cars are low option with no navi or blue tooth, things that even prius and civic have, so my cars can't be all that expensive, certalnly not more than civic. plus the GT3's i borrowed in the garage are very loud, bumpy, and lots of smoke at start up, thus it's low end so she does'nt care the few bucks i spend on them. last time i bought a RS for 35,000 b/c it was defective since it had no AC. she's fine seeing me suffer.

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
White is Asian chrome.
i learned something today!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:32 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i am not that old, married 20 years. the key for me is to not report anything car related. i own no porsches. i borrow friend's cars and i help them wash it so they let me drive them. i buy slicks with no grooves b/c they are old used tires that no one wnats and thus really cheap. my cars are low option with no navi or blue tooth, things that even prius and civic have, so my cars can't be all that expensive, certalnly not more than civic. plus the GT3's i borrowed in the garage are very loud, bumpy, and lots of smoke at start up, thus it's low end so she does'nt care the few bucks i spend on them. last time i bought a RS for 35,000 b/c it was defective since it had no AC. she's fine seeing me suffer.

Mooty-
Funny how your cars all cost about the same as mine. I like how you operate!
Old 12-05-2014, 09:27 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

Mooty you're a genius. My wife isn't even cool with me getting these sexy Martini edition Bose headphones that I whipped up! LOL

Old 12-05-2014, 09:31 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 122 Posts

^ those are sick
Old 12-05-2014, 10:02 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
^ those are sick
Go for it!

http://bit.ly/1vxzUpb

(Link to the Bose.com site for QC25's of that design)
Old 12-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Ikepotato
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed reading this
Old 12-30-2014, 11:27 PM
m5trol
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did not enjoy this at all.

This was completely incoherent and total gibberish as far as mootyish language is concorned. I mean it even had commas and periods in some places. Clearly mooty is dead and this imposter has gained illicit access to our dear friend's account.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:58 AM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 198 Likes on 105 Posts

Unfortunately that doesn't fly with my wife... Somehow she know all of this stuff is $$$$. When bucket seats arrived for the RS, she immediately commented on the CF backs "OH yeah, those MUST have been expensive, carbon fiber backs, porsche logos, ehem". She can smell it, I swear.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:23 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same way to add guns to my collection, some of which I bought back when I was in the seventh grade in the late '50's and early '60's, when any kid with ten bucks could buy milsurp rifles with his lawn mowing money. Enfields, Mausers, and more. About five years ago, returned to my prior interest in shooting, and found it best to not talk with my wife about my firearms. Made a mistake opening my gun safe with her standing by me recently, and had to answer the question "what in the world are you doing with so many guns?!" I have a friends who only has Glocks, because to his wife they all look the same. And other shooting friends tell me the key is to have lots of firearms, so when more come, they pretty much all look the same to a non-firearm knowledgable spouse. It took me a year to squirrel away $4 K for a custom 1911. Monthly layaway purchases at my local gun store works as long as I keep it to frequent but smaller amounts. I am about to pick up another Browning High Power in a few days, paid off over several months.

and all the best....

Quick Reply: my gt2 is up for grabs