Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

my gt2 is up for grabs

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 08:05 PM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's funny, so the newer ones with led tails look civicish? or is it they are smoke tinted?
Old 11-17-2014, 12:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

I am feeling the SSTHO peer pressure...
Old 11-17-2014, 12:53 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mepps
that's funny, so the newer ones with led tails look civicish? or is it they are smoke tinted?
LEDs are fine. The newer ones aren't blacked out though. You can have an option for a slight tint. Always think of everything in moderation, especially on a car. But the rims are good so don't listen to people on those. But post pics of your car.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:35 AM
mepps
Racer

lol, nope...no wife just lazy I guess
Old 11-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Ikepotato
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't brush anyone off. I had more say they liked them than said they didn't. Plus in person not 1 person has said anything negative about either. I've offered to buy new red tails....but unless I just set it on the floor the wheels stay on. I've valued everyone's opinion , plz keep them coming. Thx
Just FYI - restaurants often get a lot more negative reviews online than in person. It's not always comfortable to say "hey, I don't like X about your stuff"
Old 11-20-2014, 02:37 PM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 348 Posts

I'd buy the factory taillights and install them and re-take pictures, really think that would help sell the car, the blacked out tails just give the car the a negative stigma IMHO...(not judging anyone's taste, just adding what I 'know' about car sales)
Wheels are very nice/quality and neither add nor detract from the car/sale at all.
Beautiful car just needs the taillights switched...

Rob
Old 11-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Ikepotato
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Seems like a great car and really well looked after! Talking about wheels and tail lights on a 145k car seems a little strange. Glws! By the way. I love the look of the car.
I disagree with you, I think there's a stigma assassinated with these kind of modifications. I think the modifications, (both the black tails and the sparkly red rims) give it a huge 'boy racer' feel than a serious sports car. This car would fit perfectly in 'fast and furious' with the aesthetics. I'm not looking to hate on the owner, I don't know him / her, but for everyone that gave you the thumbs up and told you how awesome it was, how many offers did you get?

I'm shopping for a gt3. If I saw the same aesthetics, I'd really beat the owner up on price. The cars that fetch the top $ are always the closest to showroom condition.

Make it stock, keep those wheels (because you like them), take some real pictures, and that awesome car of yours will be sold quickly.

Genuinely - good luck with sale. I'm sorry if this came out rudely, it was meant to be a serious counterpoint to those that are doing you a disservice by telling you they love it this way, when they are not your target audience in a sale.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:07 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikepotato
I disagree with you, I think there's a stigma assassinated with these kind of modifications. I think the modifications, (both the black tails and the sparkly red rims) give it a huge 'boy racer' feel than a serious sports car. This car would fit perfectly in 'fast and furious' with the aesthetics. I'm not looking to hate on the owner, I don't know him / her, but for everyone that gave you the thumbs up and told you how awesome it was, how many offers did you get?

I'm shopping for a gt3. If I saw the same aesthetics, I'd really beat the owner up on price. The cars that fetch the top $ are always the closest to showroom condition.

Make it stock, keep those wheels (because you like them), take some real pictures, and that awesome car of yours will be sold quickly.

Genuinely - good luck with sale. I'm sorry if this came out rudely, it was meant to be a serious counterpoint to those that are doing you a disservice by telling you they love it this way, when they are not your target audience in a sale.

Lost cause...I suggested this four months ago and nothing has changed. OP hasn't even taken the time to post a "For Sale" ad with real pictures just a "Yo its up for grabs" post. A little effort and car would be sold quick.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 AM
mepps
Racer

yo its up for sale? grin. don't think I don't value or read peoples opinions.....brand new set of red tails arrived today from suncoast. bought a nice new camera, but with little time off from work its not always easy to get things done as quick as one would like. I can take any comments. both good and bad. I don't take it personally. disagree about the red wheels but hey, everyone is ok to have an opinion, guess all those .2 3rs's in blue, grey, white, green, black....that came with red wheels look silly....but maybe not since they came that way from the factory.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:21 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 71 Posts

yo its up for sale? grin. don't think I don't value or read peoples opinions.....brand new set of red tails arrived today from suncoast. bought a nice new camera, but with little time off from work its not always easy to get things done as quick as one would like. I can take any comments. both good and bad. I don't take it personally. disagree about the red wheels but hey, everyone is ok to have an opinion, guess all those .2 3rs's in blue, grey, white, green, black....that came with red wheels look silly....but maybe not since they came that way from the factory.

Not mine
BTW I AM trying to be helpful...have owned and sold a lot of cars so have had some practice at it. The ones that sell here & on ebay, Autotrader etc are clean, stock with LOTS of high quality pictures, honest representation and fairly priced. GLWS

Bill
Old 11-22-2014, 02:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I am feeling the SSTHO peer pressure...
what's stopping you. what a wuss. get on with it.
GT2 brings rainbow!
u buy mepps car.
i'll ship this one to sebring on my dime.
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Reid55
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ Hello Gorgeous.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

White is Asian chrome.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Camisade
Rennlist Member

FTR, I love the look and the setup -- wheels, lights, seats, tune, exhaust...everything. And I'm in the immediate market for an '08 GT2. I'd love to give this one a good home.

Alas, there're two other GT2's in the area (up in Chicago) that are priced at $129K and $139K respectively, and I'm wife-budgeted only for the lower priced of the two, AND I'm kinda limited to working with a dealer because I need to trade a car as part of the deal... Or do I? PM sent. :-)
Old 12-03-2014, 04:01 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Camisade
FTR, I love the look and the setup -- wheels, lights, seats, tune, exhaust...everything. And I'm in the immediate market for an '08 GT2. I'd love to give this one a good home.

Alas, there're two other GT2's in the area (up in Chicago) that are priced at $129K and $139K respectively, and I'm wife-budgeted only for the lower priced of the two, AND I'm kinda limited to working with a dealer because I need to trade a car as part of the deal... Or do I? PM sent. :-)
I dealt with Chicago Motor Cars. I offered to PPI if they would take care of DME. Ended up with a rude "no" response that IMO ended our transaction. Didn't feel compelled to respond. They were sticking to $126K a few weeks ago.

Thankfully, mooty came along and helped me with this one from SF Motor Cars. Brad and Phil have been exceptional.

Originally Posted by mooty
what's stopping you. what a wuss. get on with it.
GT2 brings rainbow!
u buy mepps car.
i'll ship this one to sebring on my dime.
Love that picture. Very funny. GT2 brings rainbow! John - if you ship the GT2 down to Sebring, go run it there and join us for Winterfest. Peter, you need 997 GT2.

Quick Reply: my gt2 is up for grabs