Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was helpful
Old 05-26-2014, 02:04 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
that was helpful

unfortunately your posts were not, i still dont understand the pricing banter on a for sale thread...
when you go to sell your house, do random neighbors come over and sit in your open house talking about their house and what they have done to it and what it's worth and this and that?
it's just common respect to sit back and say "goodluck with the sale" and if it goes for more than yours then you can smile knowing you made a good decision and bought correct.

the prices are real, and looking back at actual sale prices (yes i've looked and asked)... they are damn close..

it's just like the Exige market a few years back, i purchased an exige 27k.. later sold it... the guy that bought from me turned around and sold it for 53k... auto makers make some great cars, and sometimes they make spectacular cars that outshine their predecessors... in this case the market on them is strong.. the GT3RS, and GT3RS4.0 are the best ones in this example.. the 997.2 GT3 right behind them.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

wasn't trying to be offensive, just amazed that the cars have gone up so much in value in a short period of time. Kinda makes me want to sell mine to take advantage of the market, but don't know what I would get in its' place, so just going to hang on to it. Nicely done with the sale.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:03 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Well done with the sale, I agree that price bashing on for sale threads are a common, yet rude, internet phenomenon. I am guilty as the next guy even though I tried to be polite on my post, it still comes off as rude. My apologies!

Now it is sold right?
Old 05-26-2014, 05:16 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prices are always higher for the Silver ones!

Congrats on the sale.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:20 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
wasn't trying to be offensive, just amazed that the cars have gone up so much in value in a short period of time. Kinda makes me want to sell mine to take advantage of the market, but don't know what I would get in its' place, so just going to hang on to it. Nicely done with the sale.
Originally Posted by montoya
Well done with the sale, I agree that price bashing on for sale threads are a common, yet rude, internet phenomenon. I am guilty as the next guy even though I tried to be polite on my post, it still comes off as rude. My apologies!

Now it is sold right?
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Prices are always higher for the Silver ones!

Congrats on the sale.

it's not sold yet, i have 3 offers... feeling them out and trying to get everything worked out.. should be sold this week if all goes as planned.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:17 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for jumping the gun. Hope you get a good price for it.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know why folks are feeling like all the 997 GT3s are over priced and it's because of the bubble that exist because of the 991 engine exchange. It's summer and people want their fun and want to buy. Simple economics.

If you want to play, you will have to pay; simple! And prices are high at the moment because it all starts at the dealership and trickled down the distribution channels.

Like I said last week, now, right now, is the best time ever to sell your GT3.

OP GLWS

Do you have a DME report by chance?
Old 05-26-2014, 08:59 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Tacet-Conundrum,

I don't mean to offend you in anyway but just an observation for clarification... i see you always post about wanting to buy a Porsche for last few years-- have you bought one ? Or still window shopping ? not asking about your business's and if its a good investment / depreciation- just if you have bought one.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I know why folks are feeling like all the 997 GT3s are over priced and it's because of the bubble that exist because of the 991 engine exchange. It's summer and people want their fun and want to buy. Simple economics.

If you want to play, you will have to pay; simple! And prices are high at the moment because it all starts at the dealership and trickled down the distribution channels.

Like I said last week, now, right now, is the best time ever to sell your GT3.

OP GLWS

Do you have a DME report by chance?
I can get one if needed,

i wouldn't say this instant is best time to sell, honestly i feel summer will demand more prices as weather is better but also more information about the 991GT3 will come out (negative info).. several replacement engines in the UK had to be removed and sent back to porsche... so this is gonna be a long battle and I honestly dont understand why all the issues.. but the 997 still proves itself daily as a "bullet proof" engine.

as i posted in another thread... prices are prices.. they are always negotiable.. and regardless of what anyone thinks, i feel i priced the vehicle very fairly compared to the market and am still negotiable on said price to give a true collector/enthusiast a good vehicle to drive and enjoy (i hope it never becomes a garage queen!)

we could analyze car prices all day, and I honestly find it enjoyable.. but the 997.2GT3 is a fantastic car, there is a reason why I traded my 991 TT-S in and purchased the GT3.... just a surreal drivers car, and a perfect daily driver as well.

i will have many more 911's in my future... but for the summer/sunshine... i'm really craving an open air race car and a lightweight curve demon!...

my exige i'm buying back:

and the atom i'm going to rebuy (getting a new one built w/ 350hp):
Old 05-26-2014, 09:10 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Wow, my non RS only had 21k miles and a CPO. I should have asked $120k+ for it.
How long ago did you sell it? Before the 991 engine debacle right, or just barely as it started and the market reacted!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Every time I get into my 997.2 GT3 whether it be to run an errand or head to the track - it is an amazing experience. The car is a visceral machine and a blast to drive.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Tacet-Conundrum,

I don't mean to offend you in anyway but just an observation for clarification... i see you always post about wanting to buy a Porsche for last few years-- have you bought one ? Or still window shopping ? not asking about your business's and if its a good investment / depreciation- just if you have bought one.
Nope, ain't happened yet. And I can go back to the trigger pulling since 2009. But things happen, your life gets turned upside-down.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

that atom is killer…would love to drive that thing. They haven't made a device to let people as tall as I am wedge into the Exige - would like to drive that too if it were possible.

Quick Reply: FS: 2010 GT3, Full Porsche CPO till 08/2015 or 100k