Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Weird thing happened

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 01:24 AM
smdepm3
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird thing happened

So today I go to my newly delivered fabspeed exhaust on and I once I have bumper off and things all cleared out, I noticed a crack on the right side of the rear muffler mounting plate (1st picture). So I proceed to remove it to get a new part to replace. There are 4 torx bolts holding this plate on (see 2nd picture), so I go to remove the bolts. I loosened the bottom 2 and the the top 2., I take out right top then left top bolt. When the left top bolt was almost out I started getting a coolant leak at the rubber seal between the 2 metal pipes! (See 3rd picture)

So instinctively I try to tighten that left bolt, only to find that it's not going back in! I take the bolt out completely and I try to put in back in and it won't go! I take a look inside the hole and it appears the bolt ties in the mounting frame, some rear coolant pipe and to the engine block. And now it looks like the coolant pipe piece and the engine block are not lined up. I tried to use a floor jack to lift the coolant pipe and the engine block with no success. I ended up towing the car to my mechanic where he will look on Monday to see what happened. Anyone else have this happen before or know what happened?

See cross post for the pictures. I couldn't upload pictures here...

Quick Reply: Weird thing happened