Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 GT3 Time for some new rotors:)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 112 Posts

PFC has true floating, 2-piece rotors that you can use small washers to prevent noise. I use them and they are great.

Dimpled setup uses stock size pad (66mm swept area) and stock thickness (34mm)

Slotted "race" setup uses PFC size front pad (60mm swept area)

Slotted come in two thickness sizes, 32mm (sprint) and 34mm (stock, enduro). I prefer the 34mm for longer life, and use the 17mm thick pads. If you go with 32mm rotors, you can use the 19mm thick pads.

Clark at Apex Performance can take care of you. Awesome service and price.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:19 PM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Have you been able to get the PFC slotted hat to fit on the rear? Even after removing the parking brake they still will not fit the .1 RS as diameter of hat is too small. The dimpled clearly fit but hat is iron and heavy. Brembo fits perfectly BTW and there is a set for sale in classifieds.

Clark and I are looking at an alternative hat that will work with the PFC slotted rotor. Intent is to keep parking brake like the dimpled hat but make it in aluminum.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:23 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

RacingBrake offers the complete direct bolt-on replacement two piece iron rotors replacing PCCB.

Front: http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...S-P-p/2361.htm
Rear: http://www.racingbrake.com/REAR-PORS...-11-p/2180.htm

Ready to ship.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:49 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RobT 394
Have you been able to get the PFC slotted hat to fit on the rear? Even after removing the parking brake they still will not fit the .1 RS as diameter of hat is too small. The dimpled clearly fit but hat is iron and heavy. Brembo fits perfectly BTW and there is a set for sale in classifieds.

Clark and I are looking at an alternative hat that will work with the PFC slotted rotor. Intent is to keep parking brake like the dimpled hat but make it in aluminum.
Some manufacturers advise customers to delete the rear brake if only aluminum hat is used, or provide iron hats to retain the full functionality of E-brake which of course weighs more than aluminum.

Racingbrake rear two piece rotor aluminum hats are designed without compromising the integrity of OE's emergency brake while still offering a light weight 2-piece rotor alternative.

An iron sleeve is built into our rear rotor aluminum hat to allow the use of emergency brake. Do not be confused between "Emergency" and "Parking" brake.

"Emergency" brake is for you to use during emergency when your hydraulic brake system fails, while the "Parking" brake is for you just to park the car, if you forget to release it - immediately your hat is damaged if made of full aluminum.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:18 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Here are two most recent comments about RB brakes in 997T forum:

Originally Posted by Winnidude
I just switched from OEM to RacingBrake 2 piece rotors. Got tired of going through rotors every couple of track events. I would would start to see cracks after 1 event with OEM. I use pagid rs19s and I brake hard. So I was very pleased with how well these new rotors performed. No brake fade and always felt right there when I needed them.

And I have no squealing for DD, bonus.
Originally Posted by mikymu
RB make great rotors and their XR 70 brake pads are economical and fanatic on the track! I got tired of sub par brake products that fail to deliver what they advertised be it OEM or aftermarket and it's nice to find something that hold up when driven hard on track
Old 05-19-2014, 08:25 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

If the weights are as advertised on your website, I'm looking at a product that's 2-3 pounds heavier per corner than Cup drilled irons. The differential with PFC slotted irons will be even bigger.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:19 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CRex
If the weights are as advertised on your website, I'm looking at a product that's 2-3 pounds heavier per corner than Cup drilled irons. The differential with PFC slotted irons will be even bigger.
Not sure if you looked at the cup rotor (380x32mm). Our direct bolt-on direct replacement cup rotors are here:

http://www.racingbrake.com/ProductDe...oductCode=2338

The weight is 22.8 lbs assembled. The comparison table shown is with used Brembo's aftermarket replacement.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Brake911
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried for the first time Luk Schaffer brake rotors, and I must say they are amazing, especially for the price. I put them on my C4S 06, got Black XD Brake kit with premium carbon semi metallic pads, ask them for a special porsche kit, they have a lifetime warranty, full kit for 800$ all in incl shipping.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Brake911
I tried for the first time Luk Schaffer brake rotors, and I must say they are amazing, especially for the price. I put them on my C4S 06, got Black XD Brake kit with premium carbon semi metallic pads, ask them for a special porsche kit, they have a lifetime warranty, full kit for 800$ all in incl shipping.
More option/choices is always good for consumers.

Can you post up the links for this supplier and provides more info about this supplier and where their brakes are being used than just the prices.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
RacingBrake offers the complete direct bolt-on replacement two piece iron rotors replacing PCCB.

Front: http://www.racingbrake.com/Two-piece...S-P-p/2361.htm
Rear: http://www.racingbrake.com/REAR-PORS...-11-p/2180.htm

Ready to ship.
The disc replacement cost is enticing, $334/each. The open slot design is interesting as well.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:48 AM
mm450exc
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Alcons and RS29 pads. 380 front and 362 rear.

Last edited by mm450exc; 07-27-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:39 AM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Talk to Clark at Apex. PFC racing rotors can be made to work on the rear of the GT3 in a 350MM size retaining the stock parking brake. Good set up, light, and a proven design with lots of research.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:35 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Same rear two piece rotors retaining the drum e-brakes have been offered to those cars in addition to Porsches (997T, GT3, Cayenne)
BMW M3 E46, E90, 335i, 135i
CamaroSS
Corvette C6 Z06
CTS-V
EVO 8/9/10
Jeep G-C SRT8
Lexus - All, ISF etc.
Mercedes AMG C63, ML63
Nissan 370Z, G37S
Subaru STi/ BRZ
RacingBrake offers the true light weight rear two piece rotors for just about most popular motorsports cars come with rear drum brakes.

Be aware the difference between parking and emergency brake. Most of other rear two piece uses aluminum hat and cut the drum to fit the shoe brake just for "Parking", but it's not for emergency braking (when the hydraulic systems failed), also if you forgot to release the brake after parking your rotor hat will be damaged.

The only stock car comes with two piece in rear to my knowledge is Nissan GT-R supplied by Brembo, but the hat is made of cast iron for the safety reason and no much weight saving, RB's light weight replacement is the only option for GT-R owners.

RB rear two piece rotors not only is light weight, but also retain the stock integrity on emergency brake, which I have yet to see any other brake company offers the same build and feature.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:03 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Here is the light weight rear two piece we offer for GT-R replacement with
weight comparison:

Following thread discussing ZR1 CCM rotor replacement for GT-R on the rear rotor which again GM (Brembo) uses steel hat (7 lbs), vs. our proposed composite hat (aluminum shell w/iron sleeve insert) of about ~3-3.5 lbs.
http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/236...ne/#entry31151

And this is the comment made by "WERKS" a member who used to race with GT3 and now ZR1 on the weight reduction.

Nice an easy 3.5 to 4lb weight reduction per axle! That's a comparable savings to the difference in weight between a $3k set of track wheels and a $5k+ set of track wheels!!! So that alone will save someone $2k+! Do you make those for vette's and if so what's the cost?

We are now making the rear "replacement light weight hat" for ZR1, and same will be offered also for PCCB with the same weight reduction.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for the advice. Will buy PFC 08s for my .2GT3 track car with OEM rotors. Does anybody have a link to youtube or elsewhere on DIY pad replacement?

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 Time for some new rotors:)