Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 Mid-Decklid/Filler Plate Removal (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 05:57 PM
mantruck
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT3 Mid-Decklid/Filler Plate Removal (HELP)

Hello everyone. I am doing a 997.1 to GT3 Cup Decklid conversion and I am having a bit of trouble removing the Mid-Decklid/Filler Plate (The thing that contains the stock rear brake light). I removed the three star bolts and the thing is still on there pretty tight. Any suggestions?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:47 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 65 Posts

There are two studs that go into the car interior from the "filler" piece. The vertical carpet trim just below the rear window must be removed to get to the nuts. This trim snaps out - pull hard towards the interior (plastic trim pry tools can help). This will reveal the metal skin of the car body from within. There are holes on the left and right, covered with adhesive soundproofing material, about 1-1/2 in diameter. Peel these off, then use a deep socket to remove the nuts. I do not remember the nut size, but it is fairly small, around 10mm.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:49 PM
mantruck
Instructor

I will give it a try thanks!

Originally Posted by facelvega
There are two studs that go into the car interior from the "filler" piece. The vertical carpet trim just below the rear window must be removed to get to the nuts. This trim snaps out - pull hard towards the interior (plastic trim pry tools can help). This will reveal the metal skin of the car body from within. There are holes on the left and right, covered with adhesive soundproofing material, about 1-1/2 in diameter. Peel these off, then use a deep socket to remove the nuts. I do not remember the nut size, but it is fairly small, around 10mm.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 AM
mantruck
Instructor

facelvega,

Thanks for all the help, this is the only thread on reenlist that outlines this procedure (to my knowledge).

I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: GT3 Mid-Decklid/Filler Plate Removal (HELP)