Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

anyone installed After-market gt3rs wing/decklid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:34 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Damage
Oooo...so the .2 cup decklid can go on our 997.1 without using a different intake? Direct swap? Even has the correct placement for the fan?

Take pics of your new setup. I haven't seen it since the last time we met. Also, if you're getting the wider front setup, did you get wider wheels too or are you running RS wheels now?

MikejGT3, yep..saw that thread
To run .2 cup decklid you also need the .2 rs or cup intake box, or .... (stay tuned)

Going to run either x9.5 or x10 on the front, working on wheels now.

Ill be posting a complete build thread shortly. Pretty much everything has changed on this car, inside and outside
Old 03-19-2014, 02:11 PM
JustSan
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mind Blown!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Tracky
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
To run .2 cup decklid you also need the .2 rs or cup intake box, or .... (stay tuned)

Going to run either x9.5 or x10 on the front, working on wheels now.

Ill be posting a complete build thread shortly. Pretty much everything has changed on this car, inside and outside
Ah the airbox with the openings on both sides? So the cup decklid is cheaper than the .2rs decklid? I remember the air scoop on the .2rs was huge. I assume the cup is same or better?

Go 10s in front like me. Shoot me a pic of the current progress if you can. For my car, the only real thing (affordable) left to do is to round it out is to get the bigger wing to balance the rest of the look of the car, get the numeric shifter or that other really tall one because I'm used to what an s2k shifter feels like, shifter cables, and maybe the lightweight flywheel. Not looking to spend too much because I'm also thinking of upgrading to the Gallardo.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 PM
porka
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah the airbox with the openings on both sides? So the cup decklid is cheaper than the .2rs decklid? I remember the air scoop on the .2rs was huge. I assume the cup is same or better?

Go 10s in front like me. Shoot me a pic of the current progress if you can. For my car, the only real thing (affordable) left to do is to round it out is to get the bigger wing to balance the rest of the look of the car, get the numeric shifter or that other really tall one because I'm used to what an s2k shifter feels like, shifter cables, and maybe the lightweight flywheel. Not looking to spend too much because I'm also thinking of upgrading to the Gallardo.
will 10's fit under the stock fenders? or you need cup fenders? are they wider?
Old 03-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Tracky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porka
will 10's fit under the stock fenders? or you need cup fenders? are they wider?
No, as stated earlier I have CF grand am wide fenders. Here's the front view of my car. You'll see how far the tires will stick out beyond the front bumper.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:45 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Yes the scoop is huge. Dont get Numeric, get the CAE shifter. as for 10s up front, they are heavier than 9.5, and you can run the same 265 tire on either, so just depends what wheel i go with and what width they offer. The cup car runs x9.5 front and a little more offset to push it out.

and dont you mean downgrading to a Gallardo Ive driven several and am not impressed with them at all
Old 03-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Tracky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Yes the scoop is huge. Dont get Numeric, get the CAE shifter. as for 10s up front, they are heavier than 9.5, and you can run the same 265 tire on either, so just depends what wheel i go with and what width they offer. The cup car runs x9.5 front and a little more offset to push it out.

and dont you mean downgrading to a Gallardo Ive driven several and am not impressed with them at all
Alright I'll wait on the build thread to see the parts and pics for the back. As for Gallardo I figured their price drop and the GT3's price hold/increase would give me a good opportunity to jump to lambo ownership.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:54 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't do it .... ask me how I know
It lasted 31 days in my garage until I replaced for my .2 RS a few years back.

Quick Reply: anyone installed After-market gt3rs wing/decklid?