Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Finally got my .2RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014 | 01:20 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Default Finally got my .2RS

I finally got my .2 RS a few weeks ago and it's all I expected it to be and more.

Car is in great condition, but I want it to look better than new (I'm a picky sob).

While looking for a detail shop, I found out that a detail guru I had been following on the net from way back was located down the street from me. I had no idea it was him until we chatted on the phone. I finally decided to pay Richard Lin a visit and got a tour of the shop. These guys are the real deal. Richard, his wife GillianMay and the staff were very professional and kind as can be. They even used his signature product, Black Wow Pro on my lower lip. Pictures can be seen on their facebook page https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...59568121,d.cGU I would definitely check out Richards place if you're looking for a quality detail.

Will post pics before/after pics once it's all said and done.

Last edited by madmurdock; 01-22-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-22-2014 | 01:29 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Congrats!
Old 01-22-2014 | 01:40 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Thank you, Jamie. Keeping a close eye on your build as well. Can't wait to see the results.
Old 01-22-2014 | 02:32 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Congrats on the purchase. You gonna take that car out to the track?
Old 01-22-2014 | 03:01 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Congrats on the purchase. You gonna take that car out to the track?
I sure will. A few of us are planning to rent out Streets of Willow in the next few weeks. Most of my friends have 400 hp evos so it will be interesting to see where I stand with the RS. I'm used to spanking everyone in my GTR. First time driving a Porsche for me.
Old 01-22-2014 | 03:02 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by madmurdock
I sure will. A few of us are planning to rent out Streets of Willow in the next few weeks. Most of my friends have 400 hp evos so it will be interesting to see where I stand with the RS. I'm used to spanking everyone in my GTR. First time driving a Porsche for me.
Be very careful the first time around...
Old 01-22-2014 | 03:07 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrotsaert
Be very careful the first time around...
Will do. GTR was very easy to drive and made me feel like a wiz. The RS feels completely different around a bend, under acceleration etc.
Old 01-22-2014 | 05:17 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Will do. GTR was very easy to drive and made me feel like a wiz. The RS feels completely different around a bend, under acceleration etc.
Good man! Many "not so smart" guys learn this the hard way... My advice, FWIW, is to stick in 3rd or 4th and do the whole track in 3rd or 4th a few times so you get a feel for the car, turbo lag, etc. There's enough torque in the car to do most track in 4th. If you're new to the car, the most difficult part to go fast is carrying speed into the corner, slowly releasing the brakes as you get near the apex and then getting aggressive on the throttle at the apex... this will take time and in such a powerful machine, be patient!

You got a great car!!!!
Old 01-22-2014 | 10:14 AM
dawgdog
Instructor

Congratulations on the RS. I came from an e92 M3 which I loved but this car is so much more engaging. Fun machine!
Old 01-22-2014 | 10:22 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Big congratulations! Many car guys just wouldn't understand the move from GTR to GT3, but I'm absolutely one who does! Nicely done.
Old 01-22-2014 | 10:26 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Congrats!

The RS...well probably any tightly wound 911, is a TOTALLY different beast - couldn't be a more different experience at the limit. Be humble, the car's attitude is really one of trying to kill you rather than make you a hero like the GTR. It will be fast until you get to about 8/10ths, and then it will start to push back....abruptly if you are not ready.

Just sayin out of experience - it took me a year to get comfortable coming out of racing BMWs, and even now I'm still a *****.

If you get a chance, get the ride height checked before you go out. If the near is too high, you are not going to like it (mine was 20mm too high).
Old 01-22-2014 | 10:33 AM
Cbwell
Pro

Congrats, she's a beauty. I bet you'll love it.
Old 01-22-2014 | 11:40 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Feb 22-23 - PCA SDR - DE / TT at Streets of Willow

Come on out!
Old 01-22-2014 | 12:07 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Thank you all! I feel very fortunate to have such a machine.

She is a blast to drive and I haven't even opened her up. Never thought I would have so much fun driving around the street haha. Can only imagine what it will be like on the track.
Old 01-22-2014 | 12:14 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrotsaert
Good man! Many "not so smart" guys learn this the hard way... My advice, FWIW, is to stick in 3rd or 4th and do the whole track in 3rd or 4th a few times so you get a feel for the car, turbo lag, etc. There's enough torque in the car to do most track in 4th. If you're new to the car, the most difficult part to go fast is carrying speed into the corner, slowly releasing the brakes as you get near the apex and then getting aggressive on the throttle at the apex... this will take time and in such a powerful machine, be patient!

You got a great car!!!!
Thank you for the advice, Jean-Marc.

Quick Reply: Finally got my .2RS