Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Finally got my .2RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
Congrats on the purchase. Yes, please indeed be careful. These cars don't tolerate any foolishness especially with SC/TC turned off. One second it will understeer, the next one it will oversteer and you'll end up on the grass...

The platform of a 911 is really different and takes a bit of time to get adjusted, but if you can drive a 911 fast any other car comes easier. Good luck and be safe!

PS: We need pics!!!
It certainly behaves different from most RWD cars I've driven, but it all makes sense to me. Will be very careful the first time out.

If you click the link on the first post you will find a few pics in the photo gallery. Will take some additional pics this weekend.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Screw SOW, you should come out to Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla. Either with PCA, POC, BMW CCA, and/or Speed Ventures.
Originally Posted by Spyerx
Such a hater! Will hit ALL those tracks this year. And SOW.
I actually love SOW. I used to run a 1:07-08 with change in my 1G DSM (older short track) and 1:30 at big Willow. I still have that car and building it for some stage rallying (pics below).

Old 01-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

1:08-8 at SOW is COOKING. That's not the current full track right? I want to say with POC the fast guys with fully prepped cars were in the low 1:teens both CC and CW with the full track with bowl. I won't say what my newbie times were, but they were top of my run group :-) LOL.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:38 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
1:08-8 at SOW is COOKING. That's not the current full track right? I want to say with POC the fast guys with fully prepped cars were in the low 1:teens both CC and CW with the full track with bowl. I won't say what my newbie times were, but they were top of my run group :-) LOL.
That was the old short track. The current track is a little longer. And that was on slicks. Car was light and made 350 whp and 346 tq. I need to hurry up and get it done. Fwd is a lot of fun when set up correctly.

And times schmimes.. as long as you're having a blast who really cares. And that's usually when you set your best time .
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

RS still have 4 wheels, brakes and an engine. Is it different than your GTR with all the nannies turned on, yes. Is it the alien species that is out to get you? No. I came from a 630 HP Supercharged 2003 M5 to my 07 .1 RS. Did it take a few sessions to find the fun quirks of the rear engine platform (using trail braking to rotate the car, ungodly traction on corner exit, completely empathic steering) sure. Just be safe and use everything you've learned to date! Have fun and be safe!

Quick Reply: Finally got my .2RS