Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DJN
^ I couldn't have said these quotes better myself!

Great set up Sharky! I had a set of GA1R's and GA3R's for my GT3.2 in 19inch sizes and loved them. And I am planning a set of 18inch GA3R's for my new track mobile, a fully sorted 993 C2 with lots of goodies.

Cheers!
Doug N
Thanks Doug.. I actually think I saw some pix of those when looking/choosing so it helped. They're so light and yet strong. I've banged around some nasty rally-style roads already (not to mention Norcal's Pot-Hole City).

That track 993C2 sounds like a fun fun way to go. We're all going backwards in a good way these days.

Sorry PDK.... no care. I'm out

Originally Posted by azmurciev12
WOW! i didn't know the stock wheels weigh so much. nice upgrade.
Aye I wouldn't say that they weigh a "lot".. I mean for a factory forged 19 inch wheel and for Porsche it's actually decently light compared to their past efforts. But... not light enough

Originally Posted by mooty
yes they are heavy. i chucked my off the 4.0 as well.
Hah that's cos you have some BAWLER BBS GOLDEN DELICIOUS wheels... Those are something...
Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks man and how come? What happened? My first set and mooty-approved so I figured all was good?

When I got my GTS I ordered a set of GA3R's and they had fitment issues with the TPMS. Sent back and they couldn't fix for a long time so I ordered 19" OZ.

Ended up not liking 19" track wheels so I ordered another set of Forgeline and they said about 4 weeks delivery time...ok no big deal...I had 6 weeks till a DE...8 weeks later still no wheels...couldn't give me a delivery date and I couldn't get anyone on the phone with any authority to speak with. I just got the run around... I got my money back thanks to Jeff at Turn3 who I ordered from and got 18" OZ.

Still I'd like a light weight forged set of wheels and I do like Forgeline and believe they really do make a top quality wheel...but...I tried twice and they couldn't get the deal done but believe it or not I'd try a 3rd time...they seem to deliver for others.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:12 PM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike,

If you want to try again, drop me note and we can go from there!

Cheers

Jeff Alton
Old 12-19-2013, 11:44 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 382 Posts

Hey you know what goes great with bright orange wheels? A BIG displacement Metzger. Oh, wait.....

Quick Reply: New Light-weight Forgeline Shoes on SharkWerks GT3RS