Old 06-13-2014, 08:31 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

BMW 135i Brembo caliper piston failure:

Replaced with RB SS pistons, Seals, Boots:

Original thread here:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...rebuild&page=5

Racingbrake offers a complete sizes in seal, boots (std and high heat), and stainless steel pistons from 28, 30, 32, 33 (Corvette Z06), 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44 and 46mm in diameter, with 30 & 32mm piston height.

Stainless steel is stiffer and stronger than aluminum alloy and transmit only about 10% of heat vs. Al.
Our pistons features thin wall cut so the weight increase over aluminum is very minimal.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:52 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Hayworth rebuild

Did my cup car and they look brand new and operate just as well
Old 06-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

RSR and cup callipers available on eBay.de if you want a race upgrade but OEM- may need rebuilds
Old 06-21-2014, 11:20 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
These OE pistons will keep braking on you.

Replace with RB SS pistons for the ultimate solution.

RB SS pistons and high heat boots installed on Mitsubishi EVO Brembo calipers, forget about titanium shims and say good by to boiling fluids.

Racing brake guys, you'd sell a lot more if you'd answered PM's or email.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:52 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Racing brake guys, you'd sell a lot more if you'd answered PM's or email.
All PM's have been replied.
Thank you.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:23 AM
07PorscheGT3RS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice
Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 108 Posts

Brembo has some new "RACE" 6 piston calipers, similar to the RSR, Grand-Am, versions...that are forged monoblocs, but have a removeable top bridge for easy pad changes, but still much more rigid than the OEM cast calipers. They also come with titanium vented piston inserts that won't fail. I think this would be the most ideal upgrade for our cars.

I'm contacting some companies to see if they can make them as a direct replacement for PCCB calipers up front. I honestly don't have a problem with the rear calipers, mine work fine, and in an effort to keep costs down, a front-only caliper upgrade would work best, especially if it allowed for stock size rotors and pad shapes, and retained OEM size pistons to keep brake bias the same.

While the upgraded pistons/boots will help, they still won't address the issue of the caliper twisting under heat/load and pad taper.

Also, there's a reason all "race" calipers aren't painted/powder coated, it's because paint makes the caliper retain heat.

If anybody has an inside line to Brembo race products, let me know, as I think a front caliper only upgrade is the best bang for the buck way to go.

I don't need my calipers to match colors, it's a track car.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 765 Posts

PFC
Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
PFC
If they offered a 7 GT3 caliper upgrade, I would entertain using it. They make one for the 997 C42, but not for the GT3.

All we really need is a bolt-on monobloc that is forged. While using cup studs, if it allows for minimal pad taper, then I don't care if it doesn't allow for top pad loading, as then there is no reason to flip pads.

I know Stoptech already offers a forged caliper, but I don't want to have to switch to their rotors and pads, and they only offer a front/rear kit.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
[/URL]
Hello RacingBrake, can you tell us a little more about your high heat boots vs the Brembo factory boots?

Rennlisters
Any user feedback?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:39 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

I talked to stoptech and to Dr.Z about dust boots. Centric (stop tech's parent company) makes high temperature dust boot and rebuild kits for porsche calipers, that supposedly some cup teams have switched to, though I didn't get a reference from them.The dust boots are silicon based, rather than OEM/Motorsports rubber based. The motorsports rebuild kit from PCNA is $400 per caliper (has pistons and pucks, seals and dust boots), and centric's rebuild kit (seals and dust boots) is $40. I'm going to try the centric kit and see how that goes.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:34 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

By the time you pay shop labor, isn't it more economical to just buy whole new calipers from Porsche and slap them in instead of rebuilding?
Anyone know price of new calipers (nothing listed on SuncoastParts).
Old 09-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

I talked to stoptech and to Dr.Z about dust boots. Centric (stop tech's parent company) makes high temperature dust boot and rebuild kits for porsche calipers, that supposedly some cup teams have switched to, though I didn't get a reference from them.The dust boots are silicon based, rather than OEM/Motorsports rubber based. The motorsports rebuild kit from PCNA is $400 per caliper (has pistons and pucks, seals and dust boots), and centric's rebuild kit (seals and dust boots) is $40. I'm going to try the centric kit and see how that goes.
Great option (probably the best) if you want to simply rebuild the caliper, using the OE pistons.

Dave is great, been buying Stoptech parts from him for years.....
Old 09-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3DE
By the time you pay shop labor, isn't it more economical to just buy whole new calipers from Porsche and slap them in instead of rebuilding?
Anyone know price of new calipers (nothing listed on SuncoastParts).
No freakin way. Not even close. I just had my front Stoptech's recently rebuilt on the E46 M3, and it was cheap.

If you buy used, you still just buy somebody else's old, worn seals, etc. Rebuilds are the way to go. Just do them when it's time for a rotor change, or a full fluid flush, as some of it's free labor at that point.

If you don't need new pistons or ceramic inserts, here is a kit with inner seals and dustboots. For .2, steel or pccb. Shake-N-Bake also noted they can provide high temp dustboots.

http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/..._774_3547_3730
Old 09-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,101 Posts

The motorsports rebuild kit from PCNA is $400 per caliper (has pistons and pucks, seals and dust boots), and centric's rebuild kit (seals and dust boots) is $40. I'm going to try the centric kit and see how that goes.
Agreed this is way to go if your pucks and pistons are fine. Pmna kits I was quoted from a couple sources and paid much less than that. This was 8 mo ago but would be surprised if price doubled. The kit did not include the outer seal. Just inner, puck, piston. You may want to get the puck clips while in there. $40 per caliper for inner and outer seals is a good price.

I want to say shop labor for my rebuild was 3-4 hours including the bleed. So much cheaper than new calipers.

Quick Reply: Replacement Caliper Options