Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rector Porsche joy riding your car as well ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 07:18 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I have used Sonnen. Service adviser Gary is great.
Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Gary is awesome. He has taken care of me for many years.
+1 Gary has been my SA for years and I can't say enough about how important a good SA is.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:17 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

read that a service guy stuffed a client's F-40. My dealer has had a tech drive my cars home and back a couple times. The difference here I think is that the client had no idea. My guys tell me the plan before I leave and if it changes they call me. No surprises.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:52 PM
GT3.2
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Heard Gary Wright is at stead in walnut creek
Old 11-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

I work in Ptown- maybe I'll try Livermore ? No I'm a creature of habits... going to stick with Sonnen.
If you're happy with Sonnen by all means stay with it.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

What was the "issue"?

Fixed it, thanks WS

Last edited by Glen; 11-30-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:49 PM
ShootingStar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you really have to quote that entire post for one question? Lol.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by X2daC
Did you really have to quote that entire post for one question? Lol.
Yes,
How do I do it differently?
Thanks for the help, not very tech savvy...
Old 11-30-2013, 07:08 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Coulda just ask the question sans full op post. Just a thought : ). Mike
Old 11-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,855 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Yes,
How do I do it differently?
Thanks for the help, not very tech savvy...
Glen: Quote the post then select all the stuff you don't want included and delete it. Just make sure you keep the QUOTE at beginning and /QUOTE at end (with brackets).
Old 11-30-2013, 09:00 PM
mousecatcher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
is your cgt red?
silver
Old 12-01-2013, 04:45 AM
RS77
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rector have been great to me for both sales and service - and Paul Medina is responsive and excellent. 25 miles doesn't seem unreasonable in the context of delivering a car back that has been tested either for pre-work issues or to see that they have been fixed. BMW of SF, on the other hand, once put over 500 miles on an M5 I left for service and when confronted with the evidence, claimed that it was normal. That, I am told, is a felony.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:21 AM
dawgdog
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also impressed with Barrier. I had my car towed there after the clutch/pressure plate failure. They asked where I was driving when the failure occurred and I replied at the Ridge Motorsports park during a lapping day. They took care of me including a 4.0 clutch and pp and starter etc. This in spite of the fact that I have over revs and I had never been to their dealership with the car or done business with them.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

Not a P-car, but I took my '12 CTS-V to James Wood in Denton, TX for a rear diff whirring noise. Took the shop foreman for a drive to help him identify the noise when they couldn't identify it from the prior service visit and they put approximately 19 miles on the car. He says he hears the noise. Two days later, I pick the car up with them allegedly having replaced a bearing in the diff (that was a lie as the dealership isn't authorized to open the diff per Caddy), having put another 39 miles on the car, and the noise is still there.

Oh, my radio was on a rap station and the climate control settings were all changed up and the passenger climate zone had been changed meaning a passenger was in the car too.

I was furious and yelled at the service tech and the manager for about 15 minutes. Got some BS excuses from the manager with him even saying what they did and what mileage for each step. It was clear he was making up stuff and numbers to get it to add up.

Long story short, went to Sewell in Grapevine, dropped car off in the morning, picked up that afternoon at 4:30pm with 6 extra miles on it and a brand new entire rear diff and the noise was 100% gone. Also, put an audio recorder in the car (TX is a one party notification state) and the tech was 100% professional in that 6 mile drive. Guess where I'm going nowadays?
Old 12-01-2013, 11:57 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver

Gary is awesome. He has taken care of me for many years. He calls me / tells me whats going with my car / sends me pictures/ lets me talk to the main tech / takes me to my car in the shop floor etc. After my incident i emailed Gary saying i wont make the mistake of not going to them next time.

Hector is very nice. I'm not going to say he wasen't nice. It was his lies that i got fed up with. First 1 tech drove my car then a 2nd tech, then a third time with 2 techs in the car...then his over 1/4 gas used is normal in 23 miles + idle. Followed by telling me he can send me all the work logs but does not know how to use email/scanner/fax machine to send them to me, so he cant prove it to me....

I know they have done that stunt with other people. Very unethical stuff they do.
Fremont is good. Last i was there Gunther was the only person in service and i feel like he is under stress to much. the other guy that was there with Gunther prior (Williams ? ) he was spotty. I work in Ptown- maybe I'll try Livermore ? No I'm a creature of habits... going to stick with Sonnen.
Since you work in P-Town I highly recommend Livermore. John Bartlett in service and Anthony Sunder (tech)are great honest guys. Im Fortunate to be close to them
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgdog
I am also impressed with Barrier. I had my car towed there after the clutch/pressure plate failure. They asked where I was driving when the failure occurred and I replied at the Ridge Motorsports park during a lapping day. They took care of me including a 4.0 clutch and pp and starter etc. This in spite of the fact that I have over revs and I had never been to their dealership with the car or done business with them.
They are the best service department in the industry. Come from the leadership. Jimmy Barrier. Former Marine and a great leader. Following Katrina he flew abandoned dogs to Seattle and had them cared for until the could be reunited with their owners or adopted. Great leaders hire the right people.

Quick Reply: Rector Porsche joy riding your car as well ?