Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rector Porsche joy riding your car as well ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 07:19 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rector Porsche joy riding your car as well ?

I’m a creature of habits. I hate breaking my habits. Sometimes I try new things because I anticipate it will be for better. The previous owner of my GT3 got the car serviced at Rector Porsche. He stated they are awesome and know the car inside out. I figured I would deviate from my go to guys. Sonnen Porsche.
I had an appointment to drop off my car at 7:00 AM on Thursday. I received a call on Wednesday morning asking if I could please drop off the car before they close at 6:00pm as they were going to run out of courtesy vehicle’s and they won’t have one available Thursday like I requested.

This part reminded me of the Seinfeld episode. Were Jerry placed a reservation for a car rental but alas no car available when he went to go get his reservation. Same here. Rector Porsche knows how to take a reservation but they do not know how to hold a reservation, and the most important part of the reservation is the holding part. Rector Porsche strike 1.

I leave work early because I need a courtesy car or else I will be carless to get back to home/work the following day. I make it before – sign the paperwork. As usual when I drop off my car’s in someone’s else hands I snap a picture of the odometer and fuel gauge. Sonnen Porsche if anything they will add no more than 2 miles –max 5 miles from my experience.

I get a call the next Rector Porsche (Hector) stating they could not find the issue with the car- that the tech drove the car and asked me if I allowed the tech to drive the car home to try to replicate the issue. I freaked out and said no way. You can’t replicate it, I will go get the car. So I left again early Thursday from work to go get the car. I did not feel at ease when he said “a tech can drive the car home”. Freaked me out.

I get to Rector Porsche, pay the bill as I’m waiting for them to pull the car out- they tell me its parked outside and have a nice day. As per usual I snap a picture of when I pick up the car of the odometer and fuel gauge and see what the changes were. Well- typically I stay there to confirm before leaving but I picked up the car at 4:00 pm. Most bay area people know that this is rush hour traffic if you leave later then 4:00pm. I had a date with my wife so I snapped the picture and left. As I was driving I noticed I had much more fuel before, but wrote it off. Anyway’s later at night while working I recalled I needed to check my pictures to see what the odometer changed. Well to my surprise it was a shockingly 24 miles and over ¼ of fuel burnt! Rector Porsche strike 2.

I emailed Hector at Rector Porsche that night as I as fuming, showing him the pictures. I heard nothing by next morning so I emailed the director of customer service of Rector Porsche. I heard nothing by noon so I called them at about 1pm. I asked if I could speak to Hector the Service Manager. I got him on the line and asked if he had seen my email. He said he does not check his work emails ( ?!!) so he has not seen it. I asked him to take a look at it while I’m on the phone. He said to just tell him what is going on. I said in short, your tech joy ridded my car. He assured me that no joy riding my car. I asked him to explain to me the correlation between gas burnt and miles added. He stated that all cars get terrible gas mileage at idle and burn loads of fuel just idling, and they had the car idling in the shop for 15 minutes. I was baffled because his statement is true to some degree- you get terrible gas mileage at idle because you are going 0 mph so 0 mpg but 15 minutes is not going to burn over ¼ of fuel! Rector Porsche strike 3. Lying to your customer.

I’m no engineer but I explained that I thought the reason all manufactures are adding a 7th or 8th gear is for the engine to run at lower RPM’s as the lower the RPM’ the less gas a motor burns. Higher RPM’ more air / fuel the car needs. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. He didn’t respond and I had enough of his bull****.

So I filed a complaint with PNA, Natasha has been very helpful- she got the “Director” to get ahold of me the two days after submitting my complaint. Apparently Paul Medina replaced the previous director – hence my unanswered emailed. Paul was apologetic and said to bring the car in so he can read the DME read out. I told Paul I was busy for the next 2 weeks and have no time – but I’ll let him know when I can but I also have no trust to his techs or dealership. He stated I can be present- when they do the DME read out and no need to leave the car. I said we will stay in touch.

So today, I tried calling Paul but nothing. So I emailed and he stated that I decline his offer and he can no longer assist me- that his dealership is not the bad guy yada yada. Pure BS- Rector Porsche strike 4!. I just sent an email to Paul stating he can learn some manners from the alignment shop I take my car ( TC Design) they respect customers cars. I sent him a picture of the odometer from TC Design dropping off and picking up. To say the least- the fuel gauge did not move a hair and in short I told him to go **** himself. I no longer want to speak to him or anyone in Rector for that matter.

Cliff notes for those whom don’t want to read my ramble:

Rector Porsche joy rides your car- lies to customer x 2.

Rector Porsche drop off:

Rector Porsche pick-up :

TC Design drop off:

TC Design pick up:

Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

My VBox and camera come on at 30mph, I have mechanics driving my 4.0 over 100mph. I've never gotten a loaner because they are always out.

But they gently warmed it up and rev matched, so I let it go..
Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 316 Posts

I'm taking a before and after picture too from now on, that's unacceptable-

JB
Old 11-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Akara1
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

Rusnak Porsche did the same thing with my car. They put over 25 miles on it but claimed that it was to reset the TPMS. Never took the car there again.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These dealers don't want you anyway... They want leased Carreras, cayennes, etc in for annual maintenance with customers that don't think twice

Volume

Not **** retentive picture taking gt drivers that file complaints

For the record I think you are in the right
Unless you are under warranty OR have a great dealer (they are out there) go Indy shop

If you own or work at an Indy that does not offer loaner cars or discounted rentals - might be worth considering
Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 380 Posts

Very sorry about your experience. Most dealers completely suck *****. Have you considered Porsche of Freemont? Had referrals from several Norcal guys. Drove 50 miles for warranty work. Really liked the service manager Gunter. Delivered what he promised; communicated and no BS.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:13 AM
88TurbolookCab
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never been to Rector. My bad experience is w/walnut creek Porsche. When i take a car in for service i make sure they put in writing NO test drive without my permission and get service invoice w/current miles.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:32 AM
GT3.2
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a bad experience at rector too. Scratched calipers, clutch burning smell after pulling down from he roof, scratched rim after changing tires. These people don't give a **** about anyone, the shop foreman had a bad attitude with me after the caliper issue , Dennis Dolan the service director is the WORST . Now I drive to Fremont to see Gunter....although he just lost his foreman to Tesla. I will still go there.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:36 AM
maomao911
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

I had some work done at carlsen recently for a different Porsche, dealt with Brian, went pretty well.

G
Old 11-28-2013, 12:38 AM
GT3.2
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

To clarify:
Paul Medina -service manager
Dennis Dolan- service director - don't even think about pulling this "old troll" out of his office
Old 11-28-2013, 12:59 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you Jeff for clarification . I suppose they lied to me yet again. I'm not surprised anyone of their lies.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:41 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,757 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by 88TurbolookCab
Never been to Rector. My bad experience is w/walnut creek Porsche. When i take a car in for service i make sure they put in writing NO test drive without my permission and get service invoice w/current miles.
how long ago was this? if recent, then eric left.
that joint is not the same without eric.
the GM is a piece of work....
Old 11-28-2013, 01:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,757 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Thank you Jeff for clarification . I suppose they lied to me yet again. I'm not surprised anyone of their lies.
now u know why i dont goto rector even though they are close
and certainly not carlsen when they are in walking distance.
haske is all right and christian is wonderful... others not so much.

smart guys watch where i go then follow quietly behind and be happy.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 458 Likes on 297 Posts

Rector? Damn near killed 'er.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:59 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

If it was really 24 miles, I would understand your concern...but it's only 22. Seriously though, you'll live longer if you don't get this worked up about trivial things!

Quick Reply: Rector Porsche joy riding your car as well ?