Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rector Porsche joy riding your car as well ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Slowandsteady
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been using Rector for the last 12 years with multiple Audis and Porsches. Hector has been an excellent resource. I often tell him to take my car for a spin. They've helped me several times in difficult situations. Sorry that your experience was different.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,657 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
If it was really 24 miles, I would understand your concern...but it's only 22. Seriously though, you'll live longer if you don't get this worked up about trivial things!
u me and enrique ought to get together for some good dinner and chill him out.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:41 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
u me and enrique ought to get together for some good dinner and chill him out.
well i'm a happy drunk- and i get drunk very quick !
Old 11-28-2013, 05:50 AM
GT3.2
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My past advisor George DeMar - is the last honest person @ Rector
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

So what was the "issue" you asked them to work on?
Old 11-28-2013, 09:06 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't like my local Pcar dealer much. Tech I had to work with for warranty issue was awesome though. I let him take my car home as issue needed driving to check. Kept me informed with progress via email and pictures.

I had to get airbag light reset after installing track seats. He met me on a saturday morning and we stood outside in the 10 degree weather with my car on the trailer to reset it. On top of that he did it for no charge.

Sorry for your issues with dealer.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barrier in Bellevue Wa is the best dealer I have ever experienced. When my P4S required an engine replacement within 2 weeks of buying it, they provided me with a Pano Turbo for the 4 weeks they had my car. Could have put me in a Kia. Great guys!
Old 11-28-2013, 12:01 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I have used Sonnen. Service adviser Gary is great. Was on my way to the track and my pos Cayenne blew a rear Cardan shaft as I was towing. Luckily I was an arms way from Sonnen but by time I limped over there it was 5 minutes before service was closing.
Talked to Gary he said unhook your trailer we'll replace it. Thought my weekend was over but they replaced it and I was on my way. Mike
Old 11-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Rector has come down in my book. I called there to get a quote to fix my Turbo's spoiler. The person I talked to quoted me around $3K. (This was quite a bit over the roughly $2K I had been quoted by anotehr dealer.) The person went on to say if I bought an aftermarket warranty -- I forget the price or maybe it was never given -- this repair would be covered. I asked how the car with over 100K miles could be warrantied and the phone conversation was over.

Scratch Rector from my list of dealers to use for buying or servicing my cars.

I liked Fremont enough to buy my Turbo there but the last couple of services were not done well and I have not been back.

Stead Porsche has been pretty good the few times I used it for service and I bought my Cayman S there.

Since a Porsche dealer appeared in Livermore (the dealer moved from Oakland) I have used Livermore Porsche and have been really happy with the service.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:59 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I have used Sonnen. Service adviser Gary is great. Was on my way to the track and my pos Cayenne blew a rear Cardan shaft as I was towing. Luckily I was an arms way from Sonnen but by time I limped over there it was 5 minutes before service was closing.
Talked to Gary he said unhook your trailer we'll replace it. Thought my weekend was over but they replaced it and I was on my way. Mike
Gary is awesome. He has taken care of me for many years. He calls me / tells me whats going with my car / sends me pictures/ lets me talk to the main tech / takes me to my car in the shop floor etc. After my incident i emailed Gary saying i wont make the mistake of not going to them next time.

Originally Posted by Slowandsteady
I have been using Rector for the last 12 years with multiple Audis and Porsches. Hector has been an excellent resource. I often tell him to take my car for a spin. They've helped me several times in difficult situations. Sorry that your experience was different.
Hector is very nice. I'm not going to say he wasen't nice. It was his lies that i got fed up with. First 1 tech drove my car then a 2nd tech, then a third time with 2 techs in the car...then his over 1/4 gas used is normal in 23 miles + idle. Followed by telling me he can send me all the work logs but does not know how to use email/scanner/fax machine to send them to me, so he cant prove it to me....

Originally Posted by Macster
Rector has come down in my book. I called there to get a quote to fix my Turbo's spoiler. The person I talked to quoted me around $3K. (This was quite a bit over the roughly $2K I had been quoted by anotehr dealer.) The person went on to say if I bought an aftermarket warranty -- I forget the price or maybe it was never given -- this repair would be covered. I asked how the car with over 100K miles could be warrantied and the phone conversation was over.

Scratch Rector from my list of dealers to use for buying or servicing my cars.

I liked Fremont enough to buy my Turbo there but the last couple of services were not done well and I have not been back.

Stead Porsche has been pretty good the few times I used it for service and I bought my Cayman S there.

Since a Porsche dealer appeared in Livermore (the dealer moved from Oakland) I have used Livermore Porsche and have been really happy with the service.
I know they have done that stunt with other people. Very unethical stuff they do.
Fremont is good. Last i was there Gunther was the only person in service and i feel like he is under stress to much. the other guy that was there with Gunther prior (Williams ? ) he was spotty. I work in Ptown- maybe I'll try Livermore ? No I'm a creature of habits... going to stick with Sonnen.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:12 PM
mousecatcher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive 40 miles to get to Rector, the only place I take my CGT. Many times I have dropped it off without an appointment and always get a pretty deluxe loaner car. Maybe CGT customers are taking the otherwise reserved cars lol.

Maybe I'm more relaxed about it though. I typically insist that the tech take a "joyride" in my car, even the CGT. I mean they keep the damn thing running for me. These Porsches are a wonder to behold and I love sharing it with the tech, rather than treating them as chattel to do my bidding and how dare they enter through the front door.

Anyway I've never experienced anything but excellent customer service and excellent work on my cars. Right now I've decided against a new BMW (having previously had 2 new ones in the past 4-5 years) and will get an Audi instead, because there is no BMW dealer around that is worth spitting on. I do like the BMW lineup better, but service makes the sale. And I will buy and service said Audi at Rector.

I have a 991 gt3 on order through rector as well.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:16 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roberga
Barrier in Bellevue Wa is the best dealer I have ever experienced. When my P4S required an engine replacement within 2 weeks of buying it, they provided me with a Pano Turbo for the 4 weeks they had my car. Could have put me in a Kia. Great guys!
+1 for barrier service
Old 11-28-2013, 05:23 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,657 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by mousecatcher
I drive 40 miles to get to Rector, the only place I take my CGT. Many times I have dropped it off without an appointment and always get a pretty deluxe loaner car. Maybe CGT customers are taking the otherwise reserved cars lol.

Maybe I'm more relaxed about it though. I typically insist that the tech take a "joyride" in my car, even the CGT. I mean they keep the damn thing running for me. These Porsches are a wonder to behold and I love sharing it with the tech, rather than treating them as chattel to do my bidding and how dare they enter through the front door.

Anyway I've never experienced anything but excellent customer service and excellent work on my cars. Right now I've decided against a new BMW (having previously had 2 new ones in the past 4-5 years) and will get an Audi instead, because there is no BMW dealer around that is worth spitting on. I do like the BMW lineup better, but service makes the sale. And I will buy and service said Audi at Rector.

I have a 991 gt3 on order through rector as well.
is your cgt red?

OT: had lots of bimmer and fair share of audi. every car they make can be had on the porsche line up. buy porsche, leave the other tin cans to the kids.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:45 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Saw one a few years ago at Rector a red cgt on the showroom floor. I was floored how beautiful it looked in red but then I'm kinda biased : ). Mike
Old 11-28-2013, 06:34 PM
djantlive
Drifting

I don't go to rector either. Crazy prices for parts. I am talking 3x the prices

Carlsen is good but service can be pricey. I do my own work. With 4 cars, it's a real savings

Quick Reply: Rector Porsche joy riding your car as well ?