Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Fabspeed Motorsport uses HJS Germany trimetalic catalytic converters. On the super high horsepower Porsche GT3 , Porsche twin turbos to GT2RS cars were use very special 200 cell directional analytic converters. The HJS catalytic converters are Emitec cores with proprietary precious metal coated high flow brazed cores.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA is the second largest buyer of HJS German sport race catalytic converters in the world! miltek is first, fabspeed is second and all the other German and italian tuners are not even close.

Any other brand of catalytic converter is destined to fail quickly and or need a software tune to stop CEL lights . If you want some interesting photos I have plenty from my visit this year to the Frankfurt Autoshow where I was a guest in the Emitec booth.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist

Last edited by Joe@Fabspeed; 11-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:45 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Some interesting statements have been made here.
Will have to do my research. I guess Tilo Koch and M&M don't know anything about exhaust systems. Seems to be portrayed here that they are rank amateurs in the business.
Just a question from someone who doesn't know anything. Who many race teams around the world use Fabspeed systems?

Ranger
Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Ranger...I'm with ya...I've been so confused about exhaust systems I've been scared to change out my header/cat pipes.

For 1 thing my Porsche is still under warranty and the PCNA zone rep and dealer have scared me away from changing anything other than mufflers out due to they will absolutely void power train warranty. I had to fight like heck 2 years ago to get a stock header replaced because I had after market mufflers on and PCNA said the mufflers cause a different heat temp and vibration to the headers and caused them to crack.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:55 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

HJS cats are not cheap mdrums.
They are legit. When i made exhaust for the turbos these cats cost about $800 each. Porsche Motorsports runs the 100 cell version of HJS.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I never mentioned or said anything about M&M exhaust company. How can you make a statement like that?

I was making a point that exotic car enthusiasts should really look into the aftermarket parts, components, and do before and after dyno testing to see if they are adding significant power along with sportscar sound to their cars. I made 997GT3 simple muffler bypass pipes in 12/2006 and since they LOST -7HP I did not release these parts for sale and about 18 months later a bunch of USA and European companies all started eagerly and shamelessly selling these defective parts!

I would also add that no exotic car owner should fall into typical mental default thought process that is "a German, English, or Italian sports car since it was built in a foreign land...........then Logically the very best high performance parts also should be built and purchased from the country of Original Equipment manufacture.".

The old axiom since my Porsche was made in the Fatherland/Black Forest/ Autobahn/ TUV approved land................then by golly the best parts have to come from Germany. That is often a complete bunch of self fullfilling propaganda that USA and other exotic car owners and foreign car snobbs have been $$$uffering for years.

Trust me its all true and has been for over 30 years. Akrapovic is intense quality and cool but alot of the parts are 5 to 6 Mortgage payments. M&M is a quality outfit as are certain others. Caveat Emptor.

Fabspeed:

Fabspeed airshow GT2RS versus JET

Old 11-27-2013, 09:49 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Okay Joe, your commercials are "cute" but meaningless hype and bling.
When you and your people make comments, "nobody else" you then do include other manufacturers. Maybe you do not read your own words or your people.
You need some reading comprehension.
Listen Joe I can get ugly here but to what purpose.
You've insulted other top notch manufacturer, ie. M&M but you know what who
gives a crap.
Those that know, truly know what's the best. Reason why M&M doesn't advertise, at least stateside.
Please please tell me Joe, how many IMSA/Cup race series and all other international race teams run your exhaust stuff??? The true test in racing and endurance not all your street boy nonsense. Who are your race proven and race engineers with data compiled from world events and endurance racing????
Also please tell me how many different header/exhaust race variants to you make for the 3.6/3.8/4.0 and larger displacements?
You see I have this little pos RS for which M&M developed and made unique headers/exhaust for. Tilo Kock came from Germany to discuss the build and exhaust design needs.
I am truly wasting my time here but I just had to speak my peace.
Joe I am currently out of the country but will call you Monday or Tuesday this week to talk STRAIGHT UP!!! If I believe in a product I fight for it. You must know that.
Buddy all my adult life I've been trained to be a defender of the oppressed.

Caveat Emptor Joe. Only using your words back on you.

Ranger
Old 11-29-2013, 02:00 AM
T-Rex06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad I started the thread. Thanks so much for the all the opinions and inputs. I'll keep doing my research.

Terrance
Old 11-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ranger

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. M&M as I have stated several times makes serious looking GT3 exhaust systems and is a quality outfit. The orginal thread was someone asking about Fabspeed exhaust systems for the GT3 cars.

My company specializes in street and track systems but my company is not a GT3 all out competition race exhaust company for the GT3 cars like M&M.

Fabspeed Motorsport has however and continues to supply many race exhaust systems and components to Rolex 24 endurance racers, Koni and Continental challenge racers and Fabspeed was chosen over all other brands as an exclusive suppliers to the ITC, International Trophy Cup racing series for Cayman cars.

I would look forward to talking to you and if you are anyone wants me to custom design and mandrel bend specializes pipes and exhaust systems we are fully equipped to do anything. I am expecting several 996GT3 CUP and 997 GT3 Cup cars to be dropped off over this coming winter as the factory systems are beginning to fail and break and replacement costs are prohibitive.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:08 PM
T-Rex06
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe, I've read your comments again and you claimed that your Maxflo rear mufflers consistently show gains around 5hp over stock. You also mentioned about competitors' rear muffler delete systems losing power. I've noticed that you guys also sell rear muffler delete system besides the Maxflo version.

My question is that how is your system different from the other rear muffler delete systems? Will it be safe to assume that your rear muffler delete system's primary advantage will be weight savings? Or would you say yours will save weight and yield some gains over your competitors' systems?

Thanks
Terrance
Old 11-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Chris@Fabspeed
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys,

I was involved with the dyno testing of the last GT3 we had in house - it was a GT3RS with a stock 3.8 liter engine and stock exhaust. On this car we were able to test most of the individual products on the RS cars.

Below is the graph of our Mini Maxflo-mufflers only, versus a bone stock 3.8 RS. Between 2500 and 4000 you will see no less than 10 ft. lbs torque gain to the wheels, and in most of that band the gains are 20 ft. lbs or more. Up top on this car, we saw gains in the 7 whp range, with a peak gain of 4.5 rwhp. In the mid range, it was up and down with small gains and small losses.

When Joe is referring to losses with center muffler bypass pipes, he is referring to the losses he tested years ago with a center muffler bypass like some vendors sell that does not incorporate a center balance pipe. When Joe saw how popular the center muffler bypass pipes were with the 997 GT3 community, he re-visited the product and incorporated a balance pipe, like the factory center muffler has. On our dyno the Fabspeed center muffler bypass pipe actually made slightly more power on the GT3 RS 3.8 than our Mini Maxflo, but in reality the gains are so small and for such a small rpm range I really can't say the gains are meaningful. Below are two dyno charts -the first is a comparison of our Mini-Maxflo mufflers vs. stock, the next is a comparison of our center muffler bypass pipes vs. the Mini-Maxflo mufflers.
Attached Images   
Old 11-29-2013, 07:46 PM
hs63gt3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hi chris

thank you for posting dino graphs.

I have a question regarding fabspeed competition air intake.

currently i have fabspeed intake w/center bypass on my 2010 gt3.

problem is that gt3's decklid is not designed for dual intake system like gt3rs.

there is only single hole under the decklid. does it really matter?

or should i get a decklid of gt3rs which has dual air holes for maximazing

air-intaking?

just curious..

Originally Posted by Chris@Fabspeed
Hi Guys,

I was involved with the dyno testing of the last GT3 we had in house - it was a GT3RS with a stock 3.8 liter engine and stock exhaust. On this car we were able to test most of the individual products on the RS cars.

Below is the graph of our Mini Maxflo-mufflers only, versus a bone stock 3.8 RS. Between 2500 and 4000 you will see no less than 10 ft. lbs torque gain to the wheels, and in most of that band the gains are 20 ft. lbs or more. Up top on this car, we saw gains in the 7 whp range, with a peak gain of 4.5 rwhp. In the mid range, it was up and down with small gains and small losses.

When Joe is referring to losses with center muffler bypass pipes, he is referring to the losses he tested years ago with a center muffler bypass like some vendors sell that does not incorporate a center balance pipe. When Joe saw how popular the center muffler bypass pipes were with the 997 GT3 community, he re-visited the product and incorporated a balance pipe, like the factory center muffler has. On our dyno the Fabspeed center muffler bypass pipe actually made slightly more power on the GT3 RS 3.8 than our Mini Maxflo, but in reality the gains are so small and for such a small rpm range I really can't say the gains are meaningful. Below are two dyno charts -the first is a comparison of our Mini-Maxflo mufflers vs. stock, the next is a comparison of our center muffler bypass pipes vs. the Mini-Maxflo mufflers.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
Ranger

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. M&M as I have stated several times makes serious looking GT3 exhaust systems and is a quality outfit. The orginal thread was someone asking about Fabspeed exhaust systems for the GT3 cars.

My company specializes in street and track systems but my company is not a GT3 all out competition race exhaust company for the GT3 cars like M&M.

Fabspeed Motorsport has however and continues to supply many race exhaust systems and components to Rolex 24 endurance racers, Koni and Continental challenge racers and Fabspeed was chosen over all other brands as an exclusive suppliers to the ITC, International Trophy Cup racing series for Cayman cars.

I would look forward to talking to you and if you are anyone wants me to custom design and mandrel bend specializes pipes and exhaust systems we are fully equipped to do anything. I am expecting several 996GT3 CUP and 997 GT3 Cup cars to be dropped off over this coming winter as the factory systems are beginning to fail and break and replacement costs are prohibitive.
Joe, buddy please do not misunderstand me.
I take this subject VERY SERIOUS!
As you must know, when a product works I stand stoutly behind it. Your intake system has worked for my Champion Motorsport engine build and I have personally called and acknowledged the quality of your product.
Now regarding your other comments referrable to exhaust systems then we come to an impasse my friend.
You are not the first to have tested these systems. M&M has been at this before you existed.
Your statements have been very exclusive but inaccurate.
You were not the first to test exhaust systems for the GT3. SORRY!
M&M was far ahead of you.
So please tell me how many DIFFERENT system do you for the GT3/RS 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 or greater do you have??????????
Reason being is that M&M has developed MULTIPLE exhaust systems for such builds.
HAVE YOU??????????
Let me give you a small input. Tilo Kock Germany came to Champion Motorsport in Pompano Beach FL, to make sure the header/exhaust system for my 4.2 L build would be right.
Nobody else would give a ****.

Ranger

Quick Reply: Question regarding Fabspeed maxflo and side muffler bypass