Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Can Durametric disable PASM?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013 | 07:54 AM
PhilMorrison
Advanced

Default Can Durametric disable PASM?

I've just installed a set of Ohlins to my 2010 GT3. I thought I was prepared, and had bought a Durametric Enthusiast tool to disable the PASM. But I've just gone to do that, and although I can see the PASM faults, it appears I can't do anything to stop them?

I'm brand new to Durametric, so before I try to contact them, I thought I'd check with you knowledgeable people first. Is it possible with the Durametric Enthusiast tool or do I need the Pro tool?
It's Durametric version 6 if it makes a difference.

Many thanks
Phil
Old 09-17-2013 | 08:58 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

disable PASM physically by disconnecting yaw sensor located on tunnel behind center console. Access either side from footwell with torx drive removing carpeted panel. Use small flathead screw driver to pry wiring plug out of sensor.
Old 09-17-2013 | 10:32 AM
PhilMorrison
Advanced

Thanks,
Just to clarify before I start pulling my entire car apart, is that behind this panel?
Old 09-17-2013 | 10:47 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

My understanding is you need the pro version to code PASM. PASM sensor on 07 cars is in the frunk driver side. Remove trim and unplug. I just had this done and don't recall the shop unplugging the yaw sensor. Def could be different on .2 car.
Old 09-17-2013 | 10:51 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Originally Posted by PhilMorrison
Thanks,
Just to clarify before I start pulling my entire car apart, is that behind this panel?
correct, that is where it is.
if you do this from the driver's side then you don't need to mess with the cig lighter.
Old 09-17-2013 | 10:56 AM
PhilMorrison
Advanced

Okay great thanks.
Old 09-18-2013 | 11:21 AM
manuxc
Advanced

You can desable PASM in Gateway with Durametric Pro, but you can't do HandOver ... So I think PASM fault will stay
Old 09-18-2013 | 02:11 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Durametric/PIWIS instructions are here: http://awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/AWE_...ASM_Delete.pdf
Old 09-19-2013 | 04:11 AM
manuxc
Advanced

Originally Posted by jakermc
Durametric/PIWIS instructions are here: http://awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/AWE_...ASM_Delete.pdf
Maybe I am a bit boring, but it's for Piwis, not Durametric ............

If you know a way to make handover with Durametric, you'll be my King !!
Old 09-19-2013 | 08:12 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

The instructions for Durametric PRO to change the Gateway settings are essentially identical to the PIWIS steps but it would appear that you need PIWIS to access the Handover programming.
Old 09-19-2013 | 01:00 PM
PhilMorrison
Advanced

Okay thanks everyone. It looks like I need to track down a PIWIS!
Old 09-20-2013 | 08:24 AM
PhilMorrison
Advanced

I got it sorted using an Autologic diagnostics computer using the same instructions as the PIWIS. Thanks guys, now onto corner weighting and aligning the car properly!
Old 10-22-2015 | 03:01 PM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Just to follow up on this thread, since it led me slightly astray - I successfully deleted PASM with a Durametric Pro.

You don't actually have to do the Handover with Durametric - once it writes to the module, (you change to Not Installed and it writes immediately) you're done. I unplugged the PASM module itself (rather than just the yaw sensor) on the right side of the passenger side footwell.

(Not my photo but this is what the PASM module looks like - it's behind the carpet on the right side of the passenger side footwell) It clips into a plastic frame, and it's pretty easy to remove - you have to pull it out of the frame to unplug it (or at least it makes it much easier)

Old 10-22-2015 | 04:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
Just to follow up on this thread, since it led me slightly astray - I successfully deleted PASM with a Durametric Pro.

You don't actually have to do the Handover with Durametric - once it writes to the module, (you change to Not Installed and it writes immediately) you're done. I unplugged the PASM module itself (rather than just the yaw sensor) on the right side of the passenger side footwell.

(Not my photo but this is what the PASM module looks like - it's behind the carpet on the right side of the passenger side footwell) It clips into a plastic frame, and it's pretty easy to remove - you have to pull it out of the frame to unplug it (or at least it makes it much easier)

probably a better idea, I would expect that the yaw sensor was also used as input to PSM...

Quick Reply: Can Durametric disable PASM?