Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was the first thing I said, bit my tongue :/
Old 09-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
It really sucks that the American market doesn't like Station wagons. They make a lot more sense than sedans and also SUVs, if you don't tow. Not to say they are so COOL looking.
I agree!...
There is a strong rumor that we will get the NEW Jetta TDI wagon or the Passat Wagon TDI here in spring 2014...
Old 09-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 143 Posts

We will get an Alltrack based on the new Jetta. Unfortunately too small for my needs.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:27 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Isn't there a tax credit for diesels?

Also, the Golf GTD is coming next year. Could be fun daily driver.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:01 PM
PAULUNM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The Mk7 Golf GTD does look great (I also have a MkV GTI), however it looks like the entire Golf range will be built in Puebla for the US market. The fact that GTIs and Golf TDIs have been built in Germany has always bee a big plus to me.

The high pressure fuel pump failures are a bit scary. Seems a lot of people use a diesel fuel conditioner and don't have issues.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Eddie I used t be a Audi/VW master tech (when I was young lol) so have a lot of time for the product, in resent years I have owned a number of Golf TDis as work horses, you will not beat them for feel or build quality, only complaint is overly firm seats (personal taste) and slightly plain looking interiors. Reliability is legendary and proven, very well deserved following.

Easy to work on is a added bonus.

Jay
Old 09-15-2013, 02:58 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
We will get an Alltrack based on the new Jetta. Unfortunately too small for my needs.
Looks that way. Go take a look at the 328D, I don't think you will be disappointed. Just the price is on the high side, but BMW has good programs.

Originally Posted by Igooz
I agree!...
There is a strong rumor that we will get the NEW Jetta TDI wagon or the Passat Wagon TDI here in spring 2014...
I saw that, but a little on the small side and more than a year from now. Also the fact that the new body is coming out makes buying a new one non sense right now. Hopefully they will bring the Passat Wagon again with the 4 cyl tdi.

Originally Posted by skxf430
Isn't there a tax credit for diesels?

Also, the Golf GTD is coming next year. Could be fun daily driver.
I don't think there is one from the Gov. but BMW offer / offered one for the X5sD

Originally Posted by Ur20v
Eddie I used t be a Audi/VW master tech (when I was young lol) so have a lot of time for the product, in resent years I have owned a number of Golf TDis as work horses, you will not beat them for feel or build quality, only complaint is overly firm seats (personal taste) and slightly plain looking interiors. Reliability is legendary and proven, very well deserved following.

Easy to work on is a added bonus.

Jay
Having a Treg TDI, I have to agree that the car is really solid. Finish is OK, but nothing over that. VW Service in america is just plain stupid, in my experience as bad as bringing a GT-R to a Nissan dealership. Both experiences that you don't want to go over twice.
Drove the Jetta TDI wagon (Golf wagon everywhere else as it should be here) and the car is just fine, but looks dated. Golf looks much better, but also soon to be replaced, so not really an option right now.

Looks like I'll have to keep the Treg for a little longer.
Passat Wagon TDi in 4motion would be ideal for me. Right price, right engine awd so you don't have to deal with a Wrong wheel drive car and great fuel economy, only bad part still the service centers.
I always have to remember that the dealer kept the Treg for 3 long months waiting for parts, and things only got better once I started to freak out and call VW headquarters every single week.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Kaiservon
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The wife and I test drove the 328d yesterday, as I'm thinking about getting her a sport wagon with the m-sport kit. Nice and torquey and 43mpg (rated, but should be better). It is expensive for a basic 3'er (ours optioned to 54k). May hold out to see if BMW ponies up an Eco-credit after the initial demand wanes.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guess with the Germany on our doorstep parts were always an over night job at our dealership, priorty order before 4pm and receive next mornings delivery at 7am!

VW Audi dealers in the UK are some of the best.

BMW make good diesels that drive well, just poorly optioned for the money.

Jay
Old 09-07-2014, 04:23 AM
jcochran1
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Reviving this old one since the 2015 Golf TDI has been released recently. Wife and I just drove one and it's torquey and beautiful, but very similar to the mk6.

Anyone take the plunge?
Old 09-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much different are the Euro and US Diesel specs? When I watch BBC Top Gear their cars average into the the 60MPG.

With my 2008 Hybrid I usually average around 42-46 MPG. When are one of these companies going to combine Diesel with Hybrid technology?
Old 09-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Eurotrio
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, great car. MK6 TDI here. Malone tuned. Still returning 40+ mpg. Go for it.

Quick Reply: OT: Any Golf or Jetta Sportwagon TDI owners here