OT: Congrats Wanna911

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 07:28 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Thanks Peter.

Here is a Video of one of my TT1 competitors. Car is a Gen 3 (I think) Viper built by Archer Racing. Keith is the founder and co-owner of HP tuners and this is the fastest non ACR-X/Comp Coupe there is IMO. IHis maintained speed through the esses is UNREAL!!!! Car looks super stable.

Keith ran a sticker set of Pirelli's on Sat, and then another set on Sunday when he won with a 1:55.7 vs my 1:55.8. Him and Troy Messer are neck and neck for the TT1 "World Championship" and man is it ever competitive! Going to come down to the very last race at Sebring in Nov.

https://vimeo.com/70409603#at=0
Keith's Sss speed is crazy fast. Really shows the Viper aero advantage.

Peter
Old 07-21-2013, 10:51 AM
OlsenMotorsports
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Yes, but not on track. Drove up there last year for the NARRA event, drove the opening out lap and car died on the back straight, coasted to pits, dash lit up like christmas tree. Alternator had died, but it was throwing so many codes I wasn't sure, so took a nap and drove back home.

.65 laps at 2/10ths pace completed for 11hrs driving.

A compliment from Rad! Now that is something to be proud of!

Slicks are 265/640/18 front and 325/650 rear. It's only rubbing on one side which is the right rear which has less negative camber than the left rear. I think more negative camber might solve the issue. Otherwise going to a 325/640 or 305/645

My rear camber is super low right around 2.0. Front's are more normal well over 3. It's staggered a bit as the setup is for Road Atlanta which is mostly right handers. Big rear camber does not put power down exiting corners so I keep the rear tires flatter. Plus I'm well under the acceptable geometry range for the stock uprights so it prevents tire explosions. And the 12.5 inch wheels don't allow too much without rubbing spring.

It's a compromise, but it works.

The JIC are custom valved and I've been running variations of them for 7 years. They are as good as anything on smooth surfaces, but struggle when it's bumpy. I know them so well, I feel like I will have to start over with a new setup. And can never make up my mind on the amount of adjustments. Honestly something like the JIC (single adjustable) with great curb manners, would be perfect.
Ever thought of switching to a set of JRZ three ways? Best damper on the market for the bumps. I have something here that will work fantastic on the car.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by OlsenMotorsports
Ever thought of switching to a set of JRZ three ways? Best damper on the market for the bumps. I have something here that will work fantastic on the car.
If I recall correctly, those 3 way JRZ are somewhere around 16k. I have no intentions on spending that much on dampers. Spending even 10k on dampers goes against my mantra for this car and is unlikely. There are no super expensive aftermarket bits on it. Stock calipers, uprights, motor, turbos, gear ratios, body panels. I have removed most all rubber from the suspension (motor mounts, control arms, subframe bushings) for longevity, and added adjustability in the LCA, sway bars and rear Toe Arms for tuning. Clutch, aero, tune, exhaust, intake, and let's go!

I also don't want a 3 way setup headache as I do not travel with a race team, and Motion Control is local, so Lex will get first dibs if I decide to upgrade.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 PM
OlsenMotorsports
Rennlist Member

Understood. Yes they are 16g's. but I am selling this set rebuilt by me, new bodies, new shafts, hoses etc for $6g's.

As for headaches we take care of all that with constant support via phone after every session.

You won't go wrong with these or the MCS

Thanks for the response!

Quick Reply: OT: Congrats Wanna911