Help needed: "Camshaft sensor open circuit" error code

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
FinHenke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed: "Camshaft sensor open circuit" error code

Hi all,

Would appreciate some help. I had the engine out on my gen.1 GT3. They changed the valvelifters and the bearings in the engine. The car had stood for 1,5 years and one of the valvelifters were´nt holding the pressure. At the same time when the engine was out they changed the bearings on in the engine as a precaution. They also installed an FVD flash to ECU , changed for a lightweight battery and installed a Cup exhaust.

Now, I have a problem with the car. They can´t get it to run properly and the computer gives out the error code "Camshaft sensor open circuit". It means that the camshaft timing doesnt work. They changed the battery to the standard one, checked that the camshaft is in the right position and changed the sensors in the engine for the camshaft and uploaded the normal software in the ECU.

Nothing seems to work, anyone have any good ideas or possibly had the same kind of problems?

matias
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by FinHenke
Hi all,

Would appreciate some help. I had the engine out on my gen.1 GT3. They changed the valvelifters and the bearings in the engine. The car had stood for 1,5 years and one of the valvelifters were´nt holding the pressure. At the same time when the engine was out they changed the bearings on in the engine as a precaution. They also installed an FVD flash to ECU , changed for a lightweight battery and installed a Cup exhaust.

Now, I have a problem with the car. They can´t get it to run properly and the computer gives out the error code "Camshaft sensor open circuit". It means that the camshaft timing doesnt work. They changed the battery to the standard one, checked that the camshaft is in the right position and changed the sensors in the engine for the camshaft and uploaded the normal software in the ECU.

Nothing seems to work, anyone have any good ideas or possibly had the same kind of problems?

matias
You'll need a wiring diagram for the computer. In most cars,the ECU,Camshaft position Sensor,Crankshaft Position Sensor,Throttle position sensor and possibly other sensors,depending on the make and model run on a so called 5V CIRCUIT REFERENCE. That means,with the key in the ON position,not START,if you disconnect these sensors one by one and use a DVOM to measure the voltage,you should have approximate 5V on each sensor on the harness side. If one of the sensors is shorted to GROUND it will mess up the whole circuit causing all kinds of problems.
Since your engine has been out I bet you one of the GROUNDS for the computer is not connected properly or not grounding properly due to corrosion.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:47 AM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

9xx:ltä poimittua:

Muistin juuri lukeneeni vastaavasta tapauksesta rennlistillä.
Tyypiltä oli hajonnut vauhtipyörällä oleva kierroslukutunnistin. Uuden tunnistimen asennuksen jälkeen toimi juurikin mainitsemallasi tavalla. Eli toimi normaalisti 3500rpm asti. Sitten ei millään.

Ratkaisu tuohon autoon oli erittäin outo, jostain syystä uusi anturi antoi liian tehokkaan pulssin isommilla kierroksilla. Tämä teki taas sen, ettei ecu ymmärtänyt pulssia.
Anturi oli säädetty shimmilevyillä kauemmas hammaskehästä ja homma rupes rokkaamaan.

Se, että voiko vanha anturi hajota ja aiheuttaa saman ongelman?? En tiedä. Tuli vaan mieleen...

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...r-problem.html

Or grounds, or crank position sensor signal wire problem. Take it to AC for diagnostics
Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM
FinHenke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kiitos Thanks

Knew I could rely on Rennlist to get some advise!

Quick Reply: Help needed: "Camshaft sensor open circuit" error code