Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I hate these posts, but I'm going to have to do it. What's my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:57 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael246
its cool but quite silly. For the same price you could buy a (991 GT3 or 997.2 RS) and a 997 GT3 RSR. Why would you buy the turbo RSR in that case... It is a cool car that makes no sense - why it has not sold.
they didn't build the car to sell, but as a project. I know for a fact how much that costed, and if they compute the hours and all parts which are PMNA, it's a lot more than what they ask for.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:02 AM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
The RS is going to look similar to the RSR, most likely a 4.0, producing over 500 HP. I am thinking of putting down a deposit.

As for the value of the GT3 for sale, I would say high 60's as is. I do agree that you would command a similar price if you put it back to stock, or close to stock, and you can make some extra money by selling the parts. But, it is a big hassle.
^ Based off what/where did you read that the 991 RS is going to look "similar" to the RSR? Thats a very loose term. If you mean that they will both look like 991 911's, then yes I would agree with you, but I highly doubt Porsche is going to build a street car that resembles a factory race car of that magnitude. Heard the same thing before 4.0 was released. I think it would be awesome, but I don't see it happening.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,894 Likes on 975 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1

That turbo RSR however. Man that is just killer. But super expensive. People are afraid to buy it because it is not a factory built car. It is a hot rod thus resale is questionable in the future.

If i had the bucks it would be my driver, no question......
That thing hasn't sold yet?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
That thing hasn't sold yet?
I beleive it was built for display. Im sure it could be bought but they are not actively marketing it.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 AM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Somebody that wants a car that is competitive to a .2 RS at about half the cost, this is it.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Andrew...what's your new dedicated car going to be? Looks like you are following Randy's lead....new gentleman racer....well maybe gentleman is a stretch.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor
Old 06-01-2013, 11:07 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
My 2 cents and take it as you wish.

I would return the car to stock, and clean it really well, like deep cleaning. Wheels off, suspension off, and bottom of, with degreaser, brush and from that on. Fix the little marks, and sell it accordingly.
Miles are not bad, so you could ask high 60s maybe low 70s, for a hassle free sale, and collect some $ from the parts.
Been there done that TOO MANY times... not as many as Mooty, but helped a few people here either selling theirs or buying.
Good luck to whatever you decide to do.
Agreed on the detail. Not putting it back to full stock though. Way too much labor cost involved.

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Andrew,
Did you install a clear bra early on?
I did, then it got ratty and I pulled it off.

Originally Posted by Michael246
+1

or drop it off at champion porsche and let it sit in the window
Ha!

Originally Posted by Izzone
I'll buy marshmallows for the Bon fire
I would sooner drive it off a cliff Thelma and Louise style than let you and Peter molest the rumblebee in any fashion.

Originally Posted by mdrums
This car is truly lightly tracked...always the back marker.
Never seen rain, back and forth to church on Sundays

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
FWIW, if you cant find a buyer you could always do full interior strip, Carbon doors, plexi rear quarter windows/back window, Full clubsport roll cage, misc race car mods and pull the license plates....

approx $20k installed.

Build it for PCA.

Depends on how much you are willing to spend on your next track car and how fast you expect it to be compared to your GT3.
A stripper 997 should be on par with a 996 Cup....
Hell no. Baller money to race a GT3 and it doesn't class well. End up running against cup cars so it wouldn't be even remotely competitive.

Originally Posted by sstjohn
Somebody that wants a car that is competitive to a .2 RS at about half the cost, this is it.
Thanks Steve.

Originally Posted by 924dp
Andrew...what's your new dedicated car going to be? Looks like you are following Randy's lead....new gentleman racer....well maybe gentleman is a stretch.
Randy and gentleman in the same sentence? That's a first. Anyway, looking at older Porsches. Possibly a 911SC with the 3.0 motor. Had a taste of an E30 race car at the Glen last week. Loved it. Supposedly comparable to E30 as far as durability but mo fun and better crowds at the events these compete at. That's the possible plan anyway.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Someone buy the bumble bee

He will even leave the vinyl

I need a friend to goto the races with
Old 06-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Someone jump on the rumble bee

Bump
Old 06-02-2013, 12:15 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
Someone buy the bumble bee

He will even leave the vinyl

I need a friend to goto the races with
Rumblebee logo is required to stay on hood

Thanks for the bump.

I probably need to do an official for sale thread here shortly.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sell me your rear bumper supports. I could keep them as spares...
Old 06-02-2013, 01:23 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think an asking price of $75,000 is very reasonable. If I didn't already have a 6GT3 and a track oriented 993 I would certainly be considering it. You should add a post for selling it in the "Perf & Comp Racing and Driver's Ed" forum. I got way more serious offers from there then the Classified site. GLWS.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cavlino
I think an asking price of $75,000 is very reasonable. If I didn't already have a 6GT3 and a track oriented 993 I would certainly be considering it. You should add a post for selling it in the "Perf & Comp Racing and Driver's Ed" forum. I got way more serious offers from there then the Classified site. GLWS.
Exactly

This car could be made full race car or perfect drive to track

Sell the matching trailer with it
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd rethink going ahead and convert it back to stock and dump the parts 50c on the dollar.
It's a great car, but the track history and current setup are a hard resale, IMHO.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I'd rethink going ahead and convert it back to stock and dump the parts 50c on the dollar.
It's a great car, but the track history and current setup are a hard resale, IMHO.
So you're suggestion is to put it back to stock and lie about history?

Sound idea except it would probably cost $10k in labor to put it back to stock. Seems silly. Might as well sell it for $65k then and not deal with race shop and ebay....

If you buy a GT3 and don't track it, you're a poser and should have bought a turbo

Car is solid and well maintained. There's people on 996 forum tracking their cars with double the mileage. Car has not been abused and looks/runs great. No 3,4,5 over revs.

I bought it, used it on a casual basis for what the factory intended, and am moving on now to a dedicated race car.

Great deal for someone looking for a well prepared DE car that is ready to rock

In hindsight, I wish I had bought a car like mine ready to go instead of pouring money into it to make it the way it is now.

Most importantly.... NO DUMB CENTERLOCKS

Quick Reply: I hate these posts, but I'm going to have to do it. What's my car worth?