Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Warning: GIAC and/or GMG

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
I wouldn't put too much effort into it. E85 doesn't have enough benefit for n/a cars to deal with all the inconveniences of running it...

I considered it for my 4 liter, but decided against it.
Originally Posted by Ur20v
Aftermarket ecu's only make sense on full race engines or turbo/supercharged engines, less advantage on NA as the maps and sensor signals don't need to be manipulated by such big margins as when working with high boost.

Jay
Agreed, It would just be nice to be able to retune it myself as I make changes etc... completely un needed and overkill, I think it's something with the Orange, makes me a little crazy...
Old 06-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's Tartrazine, didn't know it was an additive in Pumpkin lol!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:43 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Agreed, It would just be nice to be able to retune it myself as I make changes etc... completely un needed and overkill, I think it's something with the Orange, makes me a little crazy...
You guys would be surprised with E85 gains even on our .... ops I don't own one anymore .... even on GT3s.

Remember that we are dealing with a high compression engine and yes it will work.
Back in 2008-2009 we tuned a GT3 running E85 with the stock ECU, and in a bone stock car only with a sharky track exhaust at the time the car dyno'ed at 401WHP on the same dyno I do all my tests. This was a gain of over 20WHP only with track exhaust and the tune. I still have to dig the videos, where the GT3 was getting killed by a E60 M5 and after the tune, the Porsche would leave the M5 in high speeds.
Also after that a 997.2 GT3 (Black) running on E85, and I can say that the tune wasn't even close to maxed out (timing wise).
I started using Ethanol back in 1995 in my on cars as they were / are readily available at the pumps, where I come from.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverboy
Thanks. You're very kind.

Now GMG finally emailed saying the ECU is back to stock!

I just wish we could have gotten to this point with less grief.

I was going to go Syvex but thank God no need.
Anytime, I'm glad everything worked out to your liking.

Quick Reply: Warning: GIAC and/or GMG