Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Brake experts....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run them until the cracks go from one hole to the next. Have run them that way for 6 years now in every configuration possible (4 piston and 6 piston Porsche brakes, with all kinds of pads) on a massively heavier car (before I gutted it). I could crack the 4 piston rotors like that in 2 maybe 3 track days when my TT was full weight. Took about 3 times that with the 6 pistons.

Was sending some rotors to get measured for hats and someone gave me some throwaways that were like that, ran them for 3-4 events before discarding them. A lot of rotors being thrown out prematurely.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bail on the holed rotors and get slotted
Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 AM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpenguin
JC,

Recommend the PFC set-up. Come up to the Woodlands and we'll get you sorted. You bring the beer.

Joost
Joost, I'll take you on this ! It does look like is the best way to go, still need to go through a new set of OEM pads.

Originally Posted by tgavem
Hi JC:
I recall, good to meet you. You have a fantastic car, and glad you are doing well with it.
It was a great weekend. My next events are in September with PCA and Drivers Edge.
Hope you see you then.
All the best
Tor
Thanks TOR, I've been checking your videos and there are good things to learn. I'm trying to make Driver's Edge on the TWS in Sept, still have not run with PCA, one of these days. See you then !

Originally Posted by tgavem
Search this thread (PFC 08 front PFC 01 back) in the 996GT3 forum, himself posted pictures of how far he went with his rotors.
Good thread, very useful and clearly it shows that I still have plenty of life in my rotors. They'll keep going for a few events more ... Here is the link for everybody's reference: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...01-back-3.html

Originally Posted by wanna911
I run them until the cracks go from one hole to the next. Have run them that way for 6 years now in every configuration possible (4 piston and 6 piston Porsche brakes, with all kinds of pads) on a massively heavier car (before I gutted it). I could crack the 4 piston rotors like that in 2 maybe 3 track days when my TT was full weight. Took about 3 times that with the 6 pistons.

Was sending some rotors to get measured for hats and someone gave me some throwaways that were like that, ran them for 3-4 events before discarding them. A lot of rotors being thrown out prematurely.
Thanks, good insight and consistent with what is mentioned on the thread that I copied above. Will be checking how those cracks progress very often, and will make sure that cool down is effective (I suppose fast to get sufficient air flow but minimum or no breaking)

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
Bail on the holed rotors and get slotted
Thanks and yes, probably I'll go this route whenever the time comes for replacement. Don't quite like how the crack goes through the holes. Any insight on slotted vs. dimpled? Pros/Cons?

Again, thank you all for sharing your experiences

JC

Quick Reply: Brake experts....