Rennlisters finish 1-2 in PCAGGR Time Trial at Buttonwillow

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 01:56 PM
ti-jean
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skxf430
Ti Jean,

I was in your group on Saturday, and you car was looking good out there. I have a video I need to dig up that I have of you on track.
I remember, I had to point you by... you were too fast! That would be great if you can send me a link to the video, would love to see it.

Originally Posted by skxf430
Montoya, your yellow GT3 cousin was out there too in our blue group...
I have a complete lap following that yellow GT3 in the blue/green group. Don't know who the driver is but if you are here, let me know, I'll send you a link to the video.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:03 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ti-jean
that yellow GT3 in the blue/green group. Don't know who the driver is but if you are here, let me know, I'll send you a link to the video.
that is "liurad"
Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
ti-jean
Instructor

Originally Posted by drl
that is "liurad"
Thanks! I sent him the link. I'll let him post the video here if he wants to...
Old 05-28-2013, 02:59 PM
ACS2
Intermediate

Nice driving drl, good to meet you and Montoya and was good to see Lar and Mooty again. Here's my best lap of the weekend, a 203.2, was the second session on Sunday so I had a cool track plus I was only on the second heat cycle of my R6's. I'd say drl would have been in the 2:02's under the same circumstances!

Andrew

Last edited by ACS2; 05-28-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: video dup'd
Old 05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drl
Mike - nice to see you again. you were very fast and very smooth out there - it was a pleasure watching you drive the couple times I came up behind you

my battery died that session and i am so bummed i don't have that session on video, that was a blast! that was my best session for sure. although i did another 2:04 the following session which has a few tenths faster....it was not so smooth as the tires and track were getting slippery (see vid below)

nope no testing, that's just what he (liurad) does! i keep telling him to get R6 and come play but he prefers street tires.

here is a vid of the third and final session on Sunday, before the TT. video is from same session as 24Chromium posted above. just after i pass 24 is my fastest lap of the weekend and you will see i worked for it. on 19" hoos, 9 or 10 heat cycles, about 36-37 psi. track is heating up and tires are beginning to lose grip.

http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&fea...id=gf4MAdiFOQU
Very nice driving, and looks like a fun track. Is the car a little loose under power or is the track way too slippery ?
I saw a few points that MAYBE you could use a higher gear and be faster, or at least easier ... again, I don't know the track so I'm talking out of my own a**

You guys need data system !
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Very nice driving, and looks like a fun track. Is the car a little loose under power or is the track way too slippery ?
I saw a few points that MAYBE you could use a higher gear and be faster, or at least easier ... again, I don't know the track so I'm talking out of my own a**

track (and tires) a bit slippery at that point. during my other fast laps on either newer tires or cooler track there was not so much wiggle or correction needed. also that first turn after passing on the home straight - common place to go off so probably a lot of dirt on track. you can see how much i wiggle there getting on power in 24Cr's vid.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:12 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

wow - very nice vid andrew! you were soooo fast out there
Old 05-28-2013, 03:13 PM
ti-jean
Instructor

Originally Posted by ACS2
Here's my best lap of the weekend, a 203.2, was the second session on Sunday and so I had a cool track plus I was only on the second heat cycle of my R6's. I'd say drl would have been in the 2:02's under the same circumstances!

Andrew
Awesome driving You're carying quite a bit more speed than me through Riverside up to Phil Hill and also through the esses. I need to learn from your video.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Nice driving drl, good to meet you and Montoya and was good to see Lar and Mooty again. Here's my best lap of the weekend, a 203.2, was the second session on Sunday and so I had a cool track plus I was only on the second heat cycle of my R6's. I'd say drl would have been in the 2:02's under the same circumstances!

Andrew

http://youtu.be/JphKwdsaTOU
Andrew: Stock GT3 gearing right? Looks like a little bit of an advantage with the higher gearing for the back side and bus stop. Figures I would mod to RS gearing just before this event. Your line looks excellent, clearly I could use some more time grooving in that track.

Edit: You are in third through the entire section from the first hairpin until you go into Riverside, which is like two less shifts for the RS gearing, plus probably a little better launch out of the bus stop.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:15 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR

correct you are, but i don't have time or patience to overlay vid with gopro, and not going to spend $1k at this point for nonHD smarty cam
Old 05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by drl
correct you are, but i don't have time or patience to overlay vid with gopro, and not going to spend $1k at this point for nonHD smarty cam
Understand, one good point from non HD is the file size, and quality is ok in my opinion to upload to youtube. Also fast enough and easy system to work with.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:18 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by drl
track (and tires) a bit slippery at that point. during my other fast laps on either newer tires or cooler track there was not so much wiggle or correction needed. also that first turn after passing on the home straight - common place to go off so probably a lot of dirt on track. you can see how much i wiggle there getting on power in 24Cr's vid.
Makes a lot of sense. What tire pressures and alignment specs are you running ?
Also how much rake ?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:22 PM
liurad
Intermediate

It was nice too meet u all! It was fun playing with Chad on Sat in the blue-green group cuz he also had street tires on (and hats off to him who drove from San Diego in his GT3 on earlier that day). I managed 2:11 on my RE-11, and tried my best not to be lapped on Sun in the red run group.

Montoya--it's great to see another speed yellow GT3 on the track. And, like Mike said, I have never seen so many GT3's!

ti-jean-- you filmed me with my pants down, warming up and stuff. so, I won't post it.

Hope to see u all again very soon.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
ACS2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by montoya
Andrew: Stock GT3 gearing right? Looks like a little bit of an advantage with the higher gearing for the back side and bus stop. Figures I would mod to RS gearing just before this event. Your line looks excellent, clearly I could use some more time grooving in that track.

Edit: You are in third through the entire section from the first hairpin until you go into Riverside, which is like two less shifts for the RS gearing, plus probably a little better launch out of the bus stop.
Correct, stock gearing. Two less shifts is a big advantage! Anywhere else on the track that we are in different gears?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:44 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Correct, stock gearing. Two less shifts is a big advantage! Anywhere else on the track that we are in different gears?
Just slightly different timing on the upshift to fourth in the back straight and I presume you don't run out of revs on the back straight in fourth and going into the final turn (sunset), where if I hit the line right through Phil Hill and the esses I would hit the limiter before both the hairpin and sunset.

Quick Reply: Rennlisters finish 1-2 in PCAGGR Time Trial at Buttonwillow