Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston
View Poll Results: Carbon Ceramic brakes or stock for a 4.0?
CC
64.29%
Standard aluminum
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

GT3 RS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
Dino, I never understood

288GTO.... oh man, if u can have sex with a car...this is it.
I suppose the Dino is all about Mobile Art as they are drop dead gorgeous.

Obviously the negatives are;

1) They don't wear a Ferrari badge.

2) They are a terrible drive and under powered.

3) Mechanically they are a nightmare.

I think that everyone missed the boat on these cars as they were so cheap at one point and you literally couldn't give them away.......
Old 05-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Condor Man
On the other hand. What was the race history of a 246 Dino or a 288 GTO??

Price is always based on supply and demand....

And in the future you can be 100% confident that there will be a short supply with a high demand therefore the prices will remain high.

It's pretty simple......to me.....
Perhaps overly simplistic -- where's the facts for arguing there will be high demand for the 4.0? Even with attrition, hoarding and regional market devaluation, the rule of supply and demand is a threshold or tipping point: one seller with no buyer, or one buyer with no seller, and the price moves. For now, there's always been one or more sellers with no buyers. Not to be critical, but it is the earnest buyers and sellers that dictate the market -- the transactions occurring around fair market price levels, so when there's a car such as trakcars's advertised at $259K, and I think there's another one out there with froufrou options at a similar price, it creates a thin illusion of rising prices. The only thing we (observers of the market) can know for certain is that the next transaction has a 50:50 chance of being higher or lower than the last transaction. Each trade is a discrete event, each car becomes a unique, single entity. The only thing we know about modern day Porsches (say, since the late 70's) is that they don't appreciate like "investment grade" collectible cars. There's no precedent for the 4.0 to gain value any quicker than cash in a checking account. The conclusion is simple: buy one and drive it, and you won't be disappointed. Buy one on speculation of trading for a profit and you're the greater fool.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:22 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 762 Posts

^^ That, or I'm actually dragging the market down for letting it sit "For sale" for so long creating the "thin illusion" LOL that its not worth the astronomical not negotiable price.

The 259K one sold yesterday. Mine off course is a POS whored out track beast with over 7K miles, so incomparable.

Mine is not really for sale, call and good luck trying to get a call back.

I just like it parked there and if they don't list it I have to come get it. I might one of these days.
It sits there all sad with camera's, VBox, metal to metal brake pads, M&M track exhaust, Barron uprights, welded in plates for the CS roll bar, harnesses and DE instructor sticker, cracked rotors, a shift **** that looks raped twice too often and bald tires. Still got some seriously good offers. Based on the offers I have a pretty good idea what market is.

GT2RS has gone up back to MSRP and a little over but they seem to take a few months to sell.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Condor Man
Three Wheelin'

Received 299 Likes on 121 Posts

You Guys are so lucky being able to sell for close to or above MSRP.

Not only do we get slammed in the Anus by taxes when we buy.....

We also lose that amount paid in taxes in the first 2 years on the resell.

So the cheapest alternative is to always wait 2 years then purchase, then the burn rate is far less.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS 4.0