Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

how difficult are GT3's to drive in the city?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,790 Likes on 2,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
Mooty has probably bought and sold more GT3s than anyone...so I'll pass on his advice to me: "If you ever want to sell the car in the future, avoid jelly bean colors. Everyone always talks about how cool they are, but when its time to buy, no one steps up to the plate."
young grasshoppa serge is wise.
talk is cheap. lots ppl cannot step up to the plate when it's time to pull the trigger.. it's either financing or wife or in my case mom.

get boring silver

my next is pepto bismo green aka mont green on 964 rs
or raspberry, for real manly man.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ur20v
whats wrong with Jelly Been colours
nothing for big boys!

I would have gotten pts in real gnarly colors. but as u can see on my signature in BOD, Carlsen in redwood city clicker is premier a** deler fkd me o I begged my allocation from good RLster. by then I was lucky to get a car, passed pts ordering frame.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

2004 my first gt3SY
dd
I get two tix in one day
on avg three per month
I have traffic lawyer on retainer
when I'm pulled over I hand over lic reg ins and my phone with lawyer on the other end. I'm not kidding. u think running. cup in ALMS was $$$ lmao, I could have run a few seasons.

that was the ONLY prob DD gt3
Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
I currently own a '97 993 Turbo. Do (997.2) GT3's drive "rougher" than the 993 Turbo? Am I going to feel every bump on the road driving to the office? Is it easier to shift gears given the car's technology is 14 years newer?
Any other pro's and cons to consider?

THanks for your thoughts
suspension will not be a big issue, a low sitting front lip will be an issue.
if you need to drive into any underground garages, or go over any ramps and speed bumps higher than 2 inches then better get a 997.2 GTS or a 991 car. I spoke to a guy who got 991 after 997.1 and he told me that it is indeed much easier to drive over bumps and ramps as its nose protrudes less forward apparently than in 997 aerokit or gt3 cars.

I had a koni car front bumper on my car for a month and got rid of it as I could not drive it anymore, so it is now just stock bumper with a small front lip - sits twice as high compared to normal aerokit and yet it is lower than any side curbs, hits speedbumps, etc. PITA.

Quick Reply: how difficult are GT3's to drive in the city?