Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Jack Point Jack Stands

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Bono
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack Point Jack Stands

You will want a set once you have seen them demonstrated. I own a GT3 so posting my experience here, but could post on the wider site as well. JackPoint Jackstands are great.

They are simply one of the most important tools I have in my garage, and I also bring them to the track with me. I recently bought my second set, so now I can safely jack up my car at all 4 points. These Jackstands remain a bit below the radar, I believe because the owner/inventor has mostly marketed by word of mouth, but after recently seeing the owner/inventor's interview with Jay Leno on Jay Leno's Garage, I thought I would do my part to pass the word on:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/collec...ds/index.shtml

Not only do the JackPoint Jackstands solve all of the "jacking point" problems we have all had and discussed on these forums, I simply will no longer get under my car to do work unless it is sitting on JackPoint Jackstands. To me it was a no-brainer to buy these after I first saw them demonstrated:

http://jackpointjackstands.com/
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search it - we are early adopters

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ackstands.html
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

+1

John is a great guy! I will likely buy another set myself.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Two are great, but a set of four is fantastic. What a simple but great design and well built. Makes jacking a late model Porsche so much easier and safer to work around.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
bhgt2
Instructor

Do they ship internationally? I emailed them a few days ago but no reply yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Ajjra
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does the jack you use with thesse matter at all? Any compatability issues with the Harbor Freight Compact Aluminum Racing Jack?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 AM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by Ajjra
Does the jack you use with thesse matter at all? Any compatability issues with the Harbor Freight Compact Aluminum Racing Jack?
Yes but the one you mention worked for me.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Bono
Rennlist Member

I use the Harbor Freight aluminum jack as well. You can really us any jack, the only issue that ever arises is clearance to be able to get the jack and the pad that sits on the jack in place and in correct position. Some guys just quickly jack the car up without any of the JackPoint components, put a board under the corresponding tire and then let the car down. You will now have the necessary clearance needed to get the jack with jackpad into correct position. What I do is even simpler..I just jack the car up quickly with the plain aluminum jack and then let it back down. It takes time for the car to settle back down to its lowest position, and this gives me enough time/clearance to get the jack and jackpad in place.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:39 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Bono
I just jack the car up quickly with the plain aluminum jack and then let it back down. It takes time for the car to settle back down to its lowest position, and this gives me enough time/clearance to get the jack and jackpad in place.
You mean you quickly slip the jack plate in while the car settles? damn, careful with those fingers....

I have yet to hear of a jack that will fit under the car with the jack plate. if i remember to drive onto ramps thats what i do, otherwise just put it on a wood block and lower. takes about 20 seconds extra.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Bono
Rennlist Member

Yeah, my low profile aluminum jack with jackpoint plate comes very close to fitting under without any prior jacking/board/ramps, etc. Problem as you know is that the metal pin that sticks out of the top of the jackpoint pad just won't clear. You are probably right about my method though, works for me and no fingers anywhere near pad when sliding under, but why risk it or recommend to others..i agree with you. Just take the 10 seconds to jack, board under tire and go from there.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
You mean you quickly slip the jack plate in while the car settles? damn, careful with those fingers....

I have yet to hear of a jack that will fit under the car with the jack plate. if i remember to drive onto ramps thats what i do, otherwise just put it on a wood block and lower. takes about 20 seconds extra.
It's hard to find find an aluminum jack that will fit with lowered cars because most "racing" style jacks only go down to 3.5" minimum pickup height. HFT has a steel jack that goes down to 2 5/8". The Omega 29025 goes down to 2.5". It will go under a lowered car with the Jackpoint pad in place with no pre-jacking or boards under tires. BUT it's a monster weight wise at 91 lbs. Still a great commercial garage jack.

Brunhoelzl makes a really low profile aluminum jack. One of the few US made jacks in the country. Beautiful
Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajjra
I won't bad mouth these jacks as they are generally a pretty good value. Keep your eyes open if you're using them on a paddock road. If they don't roll on the rough pavement I've seen twisting. If your not careful you could have a tip over. Also be alert to any jack with a saddle (the plate that lifts the car) under 3.5" in diameter. If the saddle is too small and the pad slides as you lift, the pad can get far enough off center to tip under some circumstances.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

I bought an inexpensive light weight jack - used it one time and immediately returned it. Sketchy and not worth it

Quick Reply: Jack Point Jack Stands