Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

I've joined the brotherhood

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Precision Auto
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Damage
OoooO..nice. Love the rear wing and your color scheme. How did you color the side mirrors? Wrap or paint? Does that new rear deck that supports your wing have larger scoops?

The previous owner also debadged the car so the "GT3" in the back of mine is missing. I wonder how much Porsche charges for a badge.
Side mirrors are painted. The decklid is full carbon and has a larger cup scoop. I also did a dual cold air intake conversion.

You can order your badge from bumperplugs.com or suncoastparts.com. It's a little over $100 I think.
Attached Images    
Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Tracky
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts

Nice! May have to consider that later. Anything to reduce the rear weight.

I noticed you're an authorized Xpel dealer. Do you know if there's precut templates for the GT3 in their self healing product line? I was interested in ordering just the front bumper and hood and do it myself.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great front arches...make it look like a classic aircooled RS... I like!

Go for Dan's (Numeric) shifter, his (or OEM) Cup cables and Eddies (RPM) semi-solid transmission mounts and RSS rally semi solid engine mounts, this will make the shift 'rifle bolt action' like and almost perfect! Go for a 4.0 clutch and flywheel plus front pulley and bolt (very important), heal and toe will be easier along with getting some heat into the brakes which increases brake pedal travel.

Great looking 3.1.

Jay
Old 04-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Protocav
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats man, great car. I thought the clutch was stiff and the shifter was notchy at first too, but after a week it just feels right. Every other clutch feels like a gas pedal now. Heel toe is difficult on the street, but on the track, under threshold braking, it is very easy. You need to be standing on the brake to put it at the same level as the gas pedal.

Enjoy!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Tracky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Protocav
Congrats man, great car. I thought the clutch was stiff and the shifter was notchy at first too, but after a week it just feels right. Every other clutch feels like a gas pedal now. Heel toe is difficult on the street, but on the track, under threshold braking, it is very easy. You need to be standing on the brake to put it at the same level as the gas pedal.

Enjoy!
hmm make sense then since I have a real hard time depressing the gas.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:35 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Damage
I ended up buying PVGolfer's GMG car. It's not in the white I wanted nor a perfect garage queen, but the car is in great shape, PPI was clean, and zero overrevs. Ended up driving from Socal back up to Norcal. That was NOT a fun drive. I haven't driven a manual car for about 4 yrs, but luckily didn't stall once nor missed a shift so far.

Some observations:
  • Clutch pedal = holy moly stiff! After 20 minutes of driving I stopped by an In&Out and when I got out, the bottom of my left foot was a bit sore.
  • Rattles = the sunroof inner alcantara liner rattles at certain rpms or possibly different resonance frequencies. Is this normal?
  • Noise = It has the GMG bypass so it was pretty darn noisy. The Toyo tires picked up a lot of road noise too.
  • Shifter = I wish it was perfect like my previous S2000 I used to have.
  • Performance = GREAT!
  • Seats = I need to add a small cushion at the back bottom to give myself some lumbar support!
  • Heel toe = I'm starting to think I'm just not anatomically capable of doing this!

Onto the photos. All washed and cleaned now:

how about hooking an SF brother up by giving him a ride???
Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Tracky
Rennlist Member

Isn't that a gt3 in your avatar?
Old 04-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You got a really nice ride / deal . enjoy.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

that is a great car! Enjoy!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM
DLJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on getting your beautiful 3 ! Your comments about clutch and shifter are common. As far as sunroof noise, that may be unique to your car. I get a mystery (so far) buzzing/vibration from door handles at certain rpms. which can be an annoyance if I get focused on it. I think it comes with the territory (exhaust harmonics, vibrations,etc.) in a high performance car like these. In the big picture, there's a lot more to love about the GT3 than these minor things. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing pick up. The car is a beauty especially with all the right modifications!

Great price as well. If I didn't already have one... I would pick that up! No Mooty here...
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the purchase Nice to see you found one that suited your taste. Enjoy, now it's time to head to the track

Quick Reply: I've joined the brotherhood