Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deleted
Old 03-22-2013, 12:39 AM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Only in Germany would you see people protest in an attempt to keep a racetrack owned by the government. About freaking time the place get privatized and properly run like a business, IMO.
I think it will be a tragedy the day the hallowed Nurburgring is sold off to the highest bidder who will only allow private, expensive trackdays. That's a national treasure and should be allowed public, relatively cheap, access.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,620 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Only in Germany would you see people protest in an attempt to keep a racetrack owned by the government. About freaking time the place get privatized and properly run like a business, IMO.
I think you need to do a little background homework before whipping out this argument!

The reason why tourist laps exist at all is because it is run by the local govt and the ring is classed as a one way public road, additionally the reason why the ring is in such a mess is because of gross mismanagement by Lindner and others who borrowed huge amounts of public money to create their own little private empire ...

just saying!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I think you need to do a little background homework before whipping out this argument!

The reason why tourist laps exist at all is because it is run by the local govt and the ring is classed as a one way public road, additionally the reason why the ring is in such a mess is because of gross mismanagement by Lindner and others who borrowed huge amounts of public money to create their own little private empire ...

just saying!
indeed. I imagine the track itself turns a decent profit seeing how wildly popular it is. it's the stupid peripheries like the theme park and so on that are sucking money. the nurburgring belongs to the people, and I would be very upset if it's taken away.

Quick Reply: Nordschleife for sale...