Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS - CF Dive Planes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks James. That is a perfect response! Well done.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

MRM 930, I sent you a PM, please email me your contact info at james@gmgracing.com.

Thanks,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
zip465
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

IN defense of GMG I have to say that my experience with them has been nothing but 100% positive across the board. I chose to go to GMG for the build of my car because of people like James, Fabryce, & and Allen who have taken the time to explain and answer questions in detail, take the time to answer emails or phone calls - even after hours. Any issues that I have brought (very few BTW) up were looked into directly and taken care of without question so in my opinion they are 100% focused on the customer.

When I decided to modify my RS I looked into other shops, not that they were bad, I just have certain levels of expectations - GMG has exceeded all of them, with the hardware, service, tech's, and after sales care Again 100% positive. I'd go to them again, and will go to them again for my next endeavor.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
bc it's one of the worst shop around.
btw, those are not custom parts, so if it's not returnable, they need to come up with some other reasons.

that said, good luck with your sale, but try not to buy stuff form GMG.
trust in what mootty says. also it confirms what others have alluded to
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 PM
CS2CC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zip465
IN defense of GMG I have to say that my experience with them has been nothing but 100% positive across the board. I chose to go to GMG for the build of my car because of people like James, Fabryce, & and Allen who have taken the time to explain and answer questions in detail, take the time to answer emails or phone calls - even after hours. Any issues that I have brought (very few BTW) up were looked into directly and taken care of without question so in my opinion they are 100% focused on the customer.

When I decided to modify my RS I looked into other shops, not that they were bad, I just have certain levels of expectations - GMG has exceeded all of them, with the hardware, service, tech's, and after sales care Again 100% positive. I'd go to them again, and will go to them again for my next endeavor.

+1

I am one of the 100 happy customer, James/Fabryce/Allen were great, GMG makes great products, and I will go back for my next car.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:43 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Mr. zip465 what is your definition of a "build"?

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 AM
zip465
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not sure what you're driving at or if playing a game of semantics but for me It's quite simple, I asked GMG to build me a safe and solid track car and they delivered.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

oops mybad
Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
MRM 930, please email me at james@gmgracing.com and I will handle this personally. I will take them back with no questions asked.

As for the rest of you on this thread, I always have my full name, contact info and email on all my posts as I want each and everyone of you to have the option to email me personally if you are having an issue.

We are not always perfect but we try our best. I like to think that with every issue we have with a customer, we have 100 happy customers.

In the end, the buck stops with me...........that's why I want each and everyone of you to have my email so I can respond to any issues you may have.

Thanks for understanding.

James F. Sofronas
yes, years ago, we emailed and you were helpful, but fabryce is not. the buck may stop with you, but reputation is not build by you alone. some of your staff should not answer the phone/email, really.

alan... christ, i mean satan.....

those who know me knows that it takes a lot to **** me off.... and they both did it in spades.

perhaps, we will have better encounter next round.

i applaud for your cordial response in this thread.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by zip465
I'm not sure what you're driving at or if playing a game of semantics but for me It's quite simple, I asked GMG to build me a safe and solid track car and they delivered.
I do not play games ... sir.
There's much to say but out of respect for a friend and honor his wishes (and I can't understand why), I will stand down.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Guys, in the end, I can't control everything and my guys here do a pretty good job with 99% of the customers they deal with.
If that weren't the case, we wouldn't have grown into the company we are today.
And I must say that there were some posters here that chimed in that we haven't even done business with, so I was surprised to see their names.

I have been on the other side of the equation when I am looking to purchase items for my personal use, and I have a little more patience now since I can see it from both angles.

Again, all I can do is make myself available when there is a problem. That's why my name and email are in my signature. Can I solve all the issues that may arise, probably not, but I am not hiding from anything and want all of you to know that I am here to help.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Guys, as you may know, we are a member supported site and therefore there is no protection or special treatment for anyone on Rennlist, not even for the site's sponsors. A thread like this one would have been deleted from most (if not all) of the other forums just because it was about a sponsor.

With that being said, please let's give them a fair shot and hear their side of the story.

I will send the thread's link to GMG. Perhaps it's not too late to make things right, if indeed the situation is exactly as described by the OP.

In the meantime, please, keep it civil and avoid insults and name callings.

Thanks,
That's how we roll here at rennlist.

MRM 930, please email me at james@gmgracing.com and I will handle this personally. I will take them back with no questions asked.

As for the rest of you on this thread, I always have my full name, contact info and email on all my posts as I want each and everyone of you to have the option to email me personally if you are having an issue.

We are not always perfect but we try our best. I like to think that with every issue we have with a customer, we have 100 happy customers.

In the end, the buck stops with me...........that's why I want each and everyone of you to have my email so I can respond to any issues you may have.

Thanks for understanding.

James F. Sofronas
Shows that they care, thats's mor ethan most and now you have the name and number to call direct with any issues.

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Thanks James. That is a perfect response! Well done.
+1.

Guys, in the end, I can't control everything and my guys here do a pretty good job with 99% of the customers they deal with.
And I must say that there were some posters here that chimed in that we haven't even done business with, so I was surprised to see their names.

I have been on the other side of the equation when I am looking to purchase items for my personal use, and I have a little more patience now since I can see it from both angles.

Again, all I can do is make myself available when there is a problem. That's why my name and email are in my signature. Can I solve all the issues that may arise, probably not, but I am not hiding from anything and want all of you to know that I am here to help.
The responses here were both good and bad. Like any business.
I for one can appreciate an owner stepping up and spend the time here to respond and take care of it personally.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I emailed James today. I'm sure he'll respond soon.

BTW - I didn't intend for this thread to go sideways like it did. Only mentioned it because thats why it was for sale. Couldn't use the item - so I can sell it here and someone can get a deal off retail cost.

Thanks all,
Mark
Old 03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

James, has it occurred to you that such posters in this thread that GMG haven't done business with were the people that backed off after their initial contact with GMG went bad? I for one am one of the the people who tried to do business with GMG but backed off due to the service quality. I am not trying to stir things up here but merely stating a possibility.

But props to you for the response and attitude towards solving the OP's problem.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

OP/Mark,

Did you not get my two emails today in response to yours?
BTW, thanks for emailing me too..........it helped me in getting the background on this situation.

Thanks,

James

Quick Reply: FS - CF Dive Planes