Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Back in the saddle in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013 | 06:35 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by NorthVan
These cars do fine in the rain...my car has seen many. I run Bridgestone RE11 on the street, they are really good in the wet. I have also heard that the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are good in the wet, but haven't tried them. If you car comes with Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, be very careful in the wet. I don't drive mine below 7C, so no snow for me.

My milage is about the same as yours, the car should purr! Enjoy in good health.
Scott had just put SSports on last fall and lots left on them. I have read posts that they are good in the wet, which is important to me (and knew the Cups were out of the question). Worked out great that they were already on there for me!
Old 02-24-2013 | 06:37 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Very nice car welcome back
Thanks. That's some nice machinery there too!
Old 02-24-2013 | 06:49 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Sharp looking car! Get out there and enjoy it.
Thanks. Now I have to unfortunately do the waiting game part until it ships to the frozen north.(actually Dallas was about the same temp. as home when I got there) tic...toc...tic...toc...
Old 02-24-2013 | 09:55 PM
kristob
Rennlist Member

Enjoy. Not too many GT3's north of the border. What tracks are in the VAN area?
Old 02-24-2013 | 11:09 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by kristob
Enjoy. Not too many GT3's north of the border. What tracks are in the VAN area?
None near me in the Kootenays which are just west of the Rockies. My 3 is going to be primarily a mountain highway car (LOTS of twisties with low LEO presence close by)
More track options at the coast incl. Washington State - I suggest you check out North Van as your RL man for info on that. Cheers!
Old 02-25-2013 | 11:26 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

congrats! like the color as well :-)

Originally Posted by DLJ
Back in the saddle in Texas!

Through lots of life’s ups, downs, twists and turns, somehow it’s been far too long (about 9 years or so) since I had a Pcar in the garage. Finally I’ve put the brakes on all that and saddled up with my new GT3.1 in Dallas. Must have been destiny to wait this long, because I was able to find the right spec. car in one of my favorite color combinations, from a superb seller.

Just finalized the sale with Scott (ScooterP over on 6spd) on Friday. I can’t say enough good things about Scott. It was so great to deal with such a helpful and accommodating guy. Thanks so much Scott, for your integrity and caring ways. Good luck in your new venture and looking forward to seeing you post when your next Porsche is in the garage!
Have a couple of pics from my phone taken at RAC Performance/ RUF Auto Centre in Carrollton, TX. Hans and Jonathan are great people to do business with and they have a sharp facility. Some impressive machinery there too,including a RUF RT12 in white (drool). They fabricated and installed some rockin rad screens for me (otherwise the 3’s still an unmolested off the boat beauty). Man, I am a lucky fellow! Now going into expectant father mode, pending shipping across the country.
Attachment 706134

Attachment 706135

Attachment 706136
Old 02-25-2013 | 11:37 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Congratulations and welcome to the GT3 pages ;-)

Enjoy the car
Old 02-25-2013 | 07:44 PM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Congrats to your new ride!
Old 02-25-2013 | 07:51 PM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy!

I'm in Dallas and would be happy to store it next to mine until the spring if you want to wait to drive it home. It was about 75 degrees yesterday, sunny and dry, just about perfect GT3 driving weather.
Old 02-25-2013 | 07:55 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by roberga
congrats! like the color as well :-)
Thanks! I had narrowed my preferred colors down to three in general ( black, white, silver) and knew I wanted the car sorted primarily for a highway/ back roads car versus track, so it has the *** seats, full leather, etc.. I specifically like Basalt Black, Carrera White and GT Silver for colors. I was really lucky to find what I wanted in this package!
Old 02-25-2013 | 08:03 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by Einmalig
Congrats on your purchase and enjoy!

I'm in Dallas and would be happy to store it next to mine until the spring if you want to wait to drive it home. It was about 75 degrees yesterday, sunny and dry, just about perfect GT3 driving weather.
He He... I am in Dallas for tonight and fly back to Spokane Washington tomorrow. Brought the wife along for a mini break/vacation to check out Austin. We got back from spending the weekend there after closing the deal on the 3 on Friday. Nice weather and lots of fun there. We want to come back and spend some more time there sometime.
It was not much warmer in DFW than home in the frozen north when we came in last week. Brrr...
Old 02-25-2013 | 08:05 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Congratulations and welcome to the GT3 pages ;-)

Enjoy the car
Thanks! I been an occasional poster and long time lurker throughout the RL forum for over 10 yrs.(with and without a Pcar in the garage). Lots of great people and information/stories. Appreciate the welcome.
Old 02-25-2013 | 08:06 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by widers911
Congrats to your new ride!
Thanks so much ! It's been an exciting couple of weeks since I finally decided to jump back into the fold!
Old 02-27-2013 | 09:42 AM
kosmo
Race Director

the boys at RAC are great!
Old 02-28-2013 | 09:47 PM
DLJ
Racer

Originally Posted by kosmo
the boys at RAC are great!
+1 on that. Hans and the crew are top notch. Know their stuff and are really helpful and accommodating.

Quick Reply: Back in the saddle in Texas