Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Upgrades for a gen.1 GT3 Clubsport

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:48 AM
FinHenke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Ive been talking to the guys at 3SDM of them making a custom 3 piece version of the 0.01 with made to meassure offset for the GT3. I tried the Kussmaul setup last season but in my taste it isn't aggressive enough (both looks and feel). For next season I will have the car sitting really low and want as much camber as possible, both for looks and for traction on the track. I know I will go through a lot of tyres in a season, but why go halfway.

Im also preparing my other daily driver, a 2012 Audi A4 Avant with a RS4 bodyconversion (again this solution due to the emission based car tax) for some modifications and for this car 3SDM has a really nice wheel coming out later in the spring. For longer journeys, such as going down to the Ring i'm gonna trailer the Porsche and I think it would look cool to have a matching setup for both the tow car as for the track car. Both cars are white and will have black wheels.

But, as said earlier. Please make suggestions on other bits and pieces that is crucial to have.

Matias
Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 AM
FinHenke
Advanced

Yeah, Ive been talking to the guys at 3SDM of them making a custom 3 piece version of the 0.01 with made to meassure offset for the GT3. I tried the Kussmaul setup last season but in my taste it isn't aggressive enough (both looks and feel). For next season I will have the car sitting really low and want as much camber as possible, both for looks and for traction on the track. I know I will go through a lot of tyres in a season, but why go halfway.

Im also preparing my other daily driver, a 2012 Audi A4 Avant with a RS4 bodyconversion (again this solution due to the emission based car tax) for some modifications and for this car 3SDM has a really nice wheel coming out later in the spring. For longer journeys, such as going down to the Ring i'm gonna trailer the Porsche and I think it would look cool to have a matching setup for both the tow car as for the track car. Both cars are white and will have black wheels.

But, as said earlier. Please make suggestions on other bits and pieces that is crucial to have.

Matias
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Special When Lit
Instructor

OEM Porsche ClubSport front gage assembly, in case it isn't already fitted to your car.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM
FinHenke
Advanced

I would really like to have the front cage but as I drive the car on road alot, i think it's really dangerous. If you even would get in a minor accident the cage would be really hard to hit you head against. On the track where you wear a helmet it would be great to have.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FinHenke
I would really like to have the front cage but as I drive the car on road alot, i think it's really dangerous. If you even would get in a minor accident the cage would be really hard to hit you head against. On the track where you wear a helmet it would be great to have.
Yep I'd only drive that way with a helmet
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Originally Posted by Eugene-Taiwan
I have the same issue with car prices in Taiwan. The tax really makes cars hard to buy.
I wouldn't go with ADV the wheels are more for show then performance if you'd ask me.
+1

Originally Posted by FinHenke
Thanks for the help so far! None of the GT3s sold in Finland has a sunroof (thank god). On the other hand I think we have about 7-10 997 GT3s in the whole country. Our car tax is emission based and the GT3 has a car tax of approx. 50 % that is added to the pre tax price... Not cheep to own cars over here..

For the wheels I'm interested in something else as the BBS is quite a common wheel for Porsches. I've considered ADV1, HRE and a new brand from Britain called 3SDM.

If there are shops that are interested in making me an offer for the parts, please email me the prices: matias.henkola(a)secto.fi

Matias
Matias, If you like HRE, contact Alex @ Sharkwerks (sharkster), he carries them, and you can't go wrong with his service.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hehe thanks mate and yeah in the US we got so screwed with DOT stuff and all the goodies went missing even on US spec RS'. Porsche didn't want to spend the extra $$ for crash testing...
this sucks ...

Alex, a little OP, but do you still have your NSX ?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Also consider looking into the Champion wheels, good option and very good quality.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Eddie - RPW
+1

Matias, If you like HRE, contact Alex @ Sharkwerks (sharkster), he carries them, and you can't go wrong with his service.
Yes but only if he does the stuff on your list first from ya! That stuff is more important lol Wheels are bling... But yes only HRE or Champion
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Eddie - RPW
this sucks ...

Alex, a little OP, but do you still have your NSX ?
Yes I do mate! Love the thing to bits:

One of the only cars my wife has literally said, "You are not selling this car....". And they are always right so.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Eddie @ RPW has everything you require.

Go with the same HRE wheels as seen on Ranger's .1RS... they are my personal favorites thus far for HRE on a GT3. (do a search for em')

I would avoid the .2 update front/rear bumper/lights.... enjoy the .1 in .1 skin....
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Eddie @ RPW has everything you require.

Go with the same HRE wheels as seen on Ranger's .1RS... they are my personal favorites thus far for HRE on a GT3. (do a search for em')

I would avoid the .2 update front/rear bumper/lights.... enjoy the .1 in .1 skin....
Totally agree I've always preferred the MK1 front. It's more aggro
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,703 Likes on 2,342 Posts

I want that NSx
Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
I want that NSx
Mr Honda and Mr Senna knew their stuff back then eh
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex: I want that NSX... it looks unmolested

Staying on the topic - Both Alex (and his Sharky crew) and Eddie are stand up guys. Ive gotten products from both of them. Honest folks. Period.

Quick Reply: Upgrades for a gen.1 GT3 Clubsport