Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Wrecked??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Track - nature of the beast. If u willing not to give it up- u shouldn't be there. Mike
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
High G and getting the wind knocked out of you will do that.
Woke up looking at the sky after motor cross thinking is was 10 seconds but it probably takes longer to gather a circle of 30 people staring at you to see if you are still alive.

BTW don't bring wifey. If you crash you just say the engine blew and hide the car. I have pre arranged this with my brother who is always "contact ICE" in case I wake up in the hospital.
Oh!! The motorcycle thingy, it's funny how people gather to see if you're alive.

For the girl, it took my friends and I with the local NE-PCA to get her in a car for a ride/drive that let her experience what it's like, and how much control you have of every situation. SHe has since watched me race many times and is cool calm. If I don't come around, she doesn't automatically assume it's a crash.

These experiences aren't in a P-car BTW, this all Formula Ford stuff.

Another one, leading the pack ( we race with 10 other groups) into Big Bend with the local track aces on my butt, I passed a slower FF as I'm watching my friend in my right mirror trying to pass me to the inside, with his inside wheels over the curb and on grass. Next thing I know I'm up in the air about 10', all the while I'm saying to my self, i just hit my bud. Nope, it was the slower car to my left that decided he would snap in behind me, instead, he misjudged the the gap and interlocked wheels, tossing the little FF into the air, so my crew was watching from the tower told me later he could see all the rivets on my belly pan, as I pirouetted onto the grass. Two corners completely ripped off the car. My bud that was trying to pass me saw the whole thing, and said the guy just took a hard right, regardless of us (3) racing hard into the corner. He told me later, he would have had to bail out of the corner if didn't turn in. I said you can make that corner on the "rain line" to the outside, we would have been long gone.

This is my last "post crash post" I want to hear others..

M5trol- You are lucky to be alive That's quite a story..
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Track - nature of the beast. If u willing not to give it up- u shouldn't be there. Mike
+1
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but this thread is very unseemly...
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Oops, sorry! I was just bored.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

brakes fail, realize going off, tiny moment for 1 thought (don't crank wheel, don't want to roll, so slight turn of wheel), say to passenger "no brakes", world semi speeds up as car flies over grass slightly angled into tires, airbags go at impact, remember head going forward more than i thought it would (was wearing Hans), car lands, extremely hard to breath with airbag powder in closed helmet, hit was probably at 100mph, passenger and i fine, next day woke up couldn't lift head off pillow, pain went away after 5 days

- happened so fast i remember just trying to do 1 thing if i could to help my cause - slight turn of wheel to the right - and then i think i tried to let go of wheel before the hit - then it was over

- that one thing i did i think was very pivotal

Quick Reply: Wrecked??