Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

TORQUE SOLUTION - Transmission Mount - Engine mount - Suspension parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjsmaryland
Please put me down for 1 set of the 75 durameter trans mount bushings.

Thsd
Added to the list, thank you.

Originally Posted by hlee1169
Interesting. I have the 996 cup cable on my RS, but does not notice additional noise or vibration. 2-to-3 is much more precise than before, and in general it is more crisp than the OEM. I am getting the 75A just to see if it could improve the shift action even further.
I usually don't feel vibration, but added noise from the transmission.
Thank you for your order.

Originally Posted by fbirch
I'll take a set of 75 for a 996 GT3
Thank you, you're on the list.

Originally Posted by RobT 394
I will take a set of 95s please
Hi Rob,

Thank you for your order.

Originally Posted by Tedster
i'll take a set of 75 for a 996 GT3. Also a diy please.
Thanks!
Our friend Jay took care of it.

Thank you !

Originally Posted by Nacelle
A set of 75 for .2

Jax
Thank you, you're on the list.

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
So I think Erik had cup cables done at orbit a while ago. If I already have them, can't imagine the mounts to be much more...

Put me down for 75's
Done Jamie.

Originally Posted by Ur20v
You don't really need a DIY step through, its a very simple job and obvious when you start using a jack, axle stands, a couple of sockets, extension bars and spanners (ratcheting help here but not essential).

Heres Steves 'walk through' anyway:

I just completed the replacement of my transmission carrier. 29,730 miles and my rubber is split exactly like gofishracing. No, you cannot visually inspect with parts on the car. I would estimate the job to take about 2 hours. You will need to raise the car (4 jack stands). You will need 10mm socket and T30 Torx wrench to remove the black plastic belly pans (remove the rear section first followed by the middle). You will need a 15mm socket (both long and short) and 16mm socket (for the bolts that go into the rubber mounts on the transmission carrier to the transmission). You will also need to hold/lift the transmission once nuts/bolts are removed. I placed my jack directly in front of the gear box drain plug, not much force is needed just enough to hold transmission/motor in place I do not think it will fall but it is needed to place nuts and bolts back into position. After covers are removed and jack in place, start removing bolts and nuts (pictures on the earlier link are good, do not need to remove those two large torx bolts next to the carrier towards the rear). The most difficult part of this project is removing and replacing the two 16mm bolts because of the large diameter rubber hose on both sides. My old carrier had a closed cell foam on the inside of each side that should be removed and reused on the new carrier. When reassembling I used old bolts and nuts. I would suggest the following assembly order starting out by first placing the nuts and bolts once all are in place then torque in the carrier to floor nuts first. Here is my suggested order of installing; Install two 16mm bolts that go through rubber carrier to transmission, do not tighten. Then install 4 nuts on the black bracket, then install 2 bolts on black bracket to carrier. Finally install 2 nuts from carrier to floor, these can be given the final torque. Then I would torque the nuts on the black bracket, side bolts on black bracket then the bolts on the rubber part of carrier. Double check everything is tight, torque values for nuts and bolts are 48 ftlb/65Nm. Install middle black belly pan, install rear black belly pan. Your done. Good luck, hope this helps and makes sense.

From here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...r-mount-4.html

As I said, a real easy job to do by the most basically skilled. 30 mins tops on a ramp and 1.5hrs on your back (quicker if you are younger lol!)

Jay
Fantastic, this should be a sticky !

Thank you very much !

I'm sure Eddie could arrange an exchange service for those that don't have access to a press etc... Anyone got an old mount they don't need to send to Eddie to start the ball rolling??

I've got one but due to my location this isn't a cost effective way to start the service off for you State side...
Will be glad to do so, please just email me and I'll take care of it.

Originally Posted by Erik
Jamie, you have super duper cables. i.e. the only one that has 996 RS cables that Orbit had laying around. The year after the RS's went to sequential and they didn't make those cables for RS/RSR's anymore.
Erik, you should need one, will help your per-historic hands shift faster

jk...

Originally Posted by KBS911
Eddie,

Nice talking to you. Thanks for the insight. I'll take a set of 75's for my 11 GT3 RS.

Thanks,

Ken
Pleasure talking to you.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM
tredirtyfive
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie, i'll take a set of 75A for my .1RS

thanks
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Originally Posted by tredirtyfive

thanks
You're on the list,

Thank you !
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM
cwhota
Instructor

Ok put me in for the hard one

marc
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

Holy crap, it's a polyurethane avalanche.

Typically no urethane in P-car world, it's either stock rubber or solid mounts. All this urethane hardness talk reminds me of buying goodies for my M3....lol.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Of note, when I say ~20% louder + feel, I can still listen to the stereo clearly at normal volumes (I know, I know... I don't want a war from the anti-radio police!) and the hands free phone is still clears as a bell both ends and this is on top of the centre box delete exhaust.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think solid mounts for non race cars is a mistake the vibration and loads would lead to casing/metal failures and other issues.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

I think solid mounts for non race cars is a mistake the vibration and loads would lead to casing/metal failures and other issues.
Mikymu had solid rennline mounts on his track-biased GT3 RS and was surprised at how compliant they were
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
gharold
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
MikeAWD
Former Vendor

The 95a was ready 1st.. eddie will get with you guys in order and start shipping these tomorrow or monday the latest..
Old 01-31-2013, 08:20 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

One 75 for me please.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 101 Posts

The suspense is killing me, post a pic so we can see what we bought....
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 PM
MikeAWD
Former Vendor

I know Eddie is at Sebring this weekend. Ill see what I can do to help with pics before he starts shipping.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

Hi guys,

I'm at Sebring with limited access, but I'll guarantee as soon as I have the first pics I'll post them.
Like Mike said the 95A are ready and 75A to follow so, on Monday I'll contact all 95A requests so we can start shipping.

Thank you !
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Eddie - RPW
Banned

All included.

Thank you !

Quick Reply: TORQUE SOLUTION - Transmission Mount - Engine mount - Suspension parts