Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB rollbar

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:18 PM
El Matador
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's seems like a great deal for $700 - and you get the carpet. Wish this was around when I bought used CS bar to the tune of 3g's when all said and done.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:56 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried DAS, RSS, OEM club and GMG. GMG RSR is the ONLY bar that allows the seats to fully go back and provide room for *** seats. EVERYTHING else hit the seats at one point or another.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by IPguy
Just had one imported, my DAS bar is for sale though
Tal,

Hear is your answer. I had a DAS in my GT2 and it fit fine and still allowed decent rear seat access for loading gear. It is local to you a short drive so you save shipping. Sounds like a Win/Win.

Peter
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I've tried DAS, RSS, OEM club and GMG. GMG RSR is the ONLY bar that allows the seats to fully go back and provide room for *** seats. EVERYTHING else hit the seats at one point or another.
Odd because the RSS bars are designed to have the seats go all the way back...My GT2 Sport buckets are all the way back and I even tilted the driver seat some with some washers on the frame rail...plenty of room.
Why would someone have Porsche optioned *** seats and a roll bar when the *** seats can not accept a harness?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
Odd because the RSS bars are designed to have the seats go all the way back...My GT2 Sport buckets are all the way back and I even tilted the driver seat some with some washers on the frame rail...plenty of room.
Why would someone have Porsche optioned *** seats and a roll bar when the *** seats can not accept a harness?
I had the RSS in a 6 GT3 and it did NOT allow the seats to go all the way back. Perhaps different with the sport buckets. I had the DAS with the sport buckets and again, it did NOT allow the seat to go all the way back. Just because they are "designed" to work that way is not guarantee that it actually does what it claims. I had the club sport with the 997.1 RS OEM seats and the latches got into the bar when I tried to go back with it.

As for your question, I can not speak for why people do things. For me, I used the *** seats for date nights and driving around town as they are a world of difference when it comes to comfort. For track days, I would simply change the *** seats to recaros. With the right tools, it only took a few minutes.

BTW, your GTS looks like it would be a blast on the track and great for the street.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:56 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I had the RSS in a 6 GT3 and it did NOT allow the seats to go all the way back. Perhaps different with the sport buckets. I had the DAS with the sport buckets and again, it did NOT allow the seat to go all the way back. Just because they are "designed" to work that way is not guarantee that it actually does what it claims. I had the club sport with the 997.1 RS OEM seats and the latches got into the bar when I tried to go back with it.

As for your question, I can not speak for why people do things. For me, I used the *** seats for date nights and driving around town as they are a world of difference when it comes to comfort. For track days, I would simply change the *** seats to recaros. With the right tools, it only took a few minutes.

BTW, your GTS looks like it would be a blast on the track and great for the street.
I'm talking 997 cars not 996...the OP has a 997 car...so yeah I don't have any experience fitting these bars in a 996 but when I was roll bar shopping the RSS bars seemed to have more room than the others and are very well built and their cost was attractive too.
I agree I'd rather has *** or even stock seats for the street, especially for my 6'5" frame but I don't daily drive my GTS so the few times a month the wife and I take it to dinner it's not bad.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
I'm talking 997 cars not 996...the OP has a 997 car...so yeah I don't have any experience fitting these bars in a 996 but when I was roll bar shopping the RSS bars seemed to have more room than the others and are very well built and their cost was attractive too.
I agree I'd rather has *** or even stock seats for the street, especially for my 6'5" frame but I don't daily drive my GTS so the few times a month the wife and I take it to dinner it's not bad.
Yup, I know what you mean...I'm 6'2" 220. But, I would think a 996 with adaptives would more closely resemble the 997 with adaptives. Sport buckets do give you a little more room for the bar. RSS is a great half cage...but they claims (even for the 996) didn't measure up for the adaptives.

Quick Reply: WTB rollbar