Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My grey 2010 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012 | 12:53 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Originally Posted by lkn4adl
Congrats Annand... its beautiful... I recently purchased mine and love it... great choice of colors...
Congrats to you too! The best color combo right! I see all these aqua blue guys running around saying that they are the best of the breed...but grey/gold is so good we don't need to champion ourselves haha

Originally Posted by BRracing
Mirage,
Welcome and a great choice.
Sent you a PM.
Again welcome.
Thanks

Robb
BRracing
Thanks! Will reply shortly!

Originally Posted by mooty
mirage, where in silicon valley are you. i am around woodside.
let me show you the ways and empty your wallet ;-)
congrats and welcome to the forum of insanity.
DRL, PJS, Trakcar, Izzone, EvoM3 whatever i can't remember eddie's handle, are all experts on making ur pockert....erh... your car lighter.
Oh man sounds like I should stay away! I'm in Cupertino, I make it up to Woodside quite a bit, my friend with an Ariel Atom lives up there. Would love to meet up and chat. I'll shoot you a PM.

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Take it to Tony. Take it to Alex. Refill bank account. Repeat.
Sounds like a tub draining of water...this is going to be fun

Originally Posted by montoya
Yes, I too thought that by buying a GT3 all my "upgrades" were included with the car....

Not really, you can't help yourself, it's like a puppy staring at you at supper time. You can't help but feed it mods and it is so happy when you do.

Welcome! Awesome car, you found a virgin! Congratulations!
Originally Posted by stujelly
Awesome another california RS.
Originally Posted by Nan P
Great car & combo!
Post more pics, you're going to be addicted to this car!
Thanks! More pics attached to this post

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
Congrats - where did you find that little nugget?

Enjoy
I've been searching the RS market for a while on cars.com on here, on 6speed on Dupont Registry...this one came from Porsche North Scottsdale.

Originally Posted by dawgdog
Congratulations, very nice! I am in the same boat as you as I have had my 2010 GT3RS for about 6 weeks now. My first mods to be done next week are a roll bar, harnesses and upgrade of suspension components. I will do the diff and deal with brake issues later.

Wish I was on the younger side but didn't even get into this hobby until my mid fifties.
Honestly that's the exact list of mods I'm thinking about as well. Age is just a BS number, I have a feeling these cars make everyone feel like they are 12. I certainly felt that way on my commute in this morning.
Attached Images   
Old 11-27-2012 | 01:53 PM
skim
Instructor

extremely jealous.
congrats. i hope my luck will turn out to be as good as yours in a year.. in a white one for me =)
Old 11-27-2012 | 04:59 PM
Protocav
Rennlist Member

Something that brings this much joy should never be considered irresponsible...regardless of how you paid for it. Life is short.

Congrats on the beautiful car.
Old 11-30-2012 | 09:06 PM
Rob2368
Instructor

Beautiful car !!!! congrats !
Old 12-01-2012 | 08:59 AM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Wow, very nice. Love the color.
Old 12-01-2012 | 09:35 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Love that color. That Grey on the RS is beautiful.
Old 12-01-2012 | 01:59 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Take it to Tony. Take it to Alex. Refill bank account. Repeat.
ROFL!

And welcome to the bay area RS club... Nice combo/color... Reminds me of this one:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...20-wheels.html

You'll obviously don't listen to any of these guys. The car needs nada

In terms of the coolant pipe failures... It's certainly rarer on the MK2s however it has and does happen. My blue/orange one did it on the dyno (sorry EVO!) and spewed it all-over the rollers.

This guide might help ya out
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...10-2011-a.html
Old 12-02-2012 | 06:40 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Originally Posted by skim
extremely jealous.
congrats. i hope my luck will turn out to be as good as yours in a year.. in a white one for me =)
Keep your head down and keep on trucking, my uncle once told me "luck favors the prepared"

Originally Posted by Protocav
Something that brings this much joy should never be considered irresponsible...regardless of how you paid for it. Life is short.

Congrats on the beautiful car.
Originally Posted by Rob2368
Beautiful car !!!! congrats !
Originally Posted by KBS911
Wow, very nice. Love the color.
Originally Posted by C2Spin
Love that color. That Grey on the RS is beautiful.
thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by sharkster
ROFL!

And welcome to the bay area RS club... Nice combo/color... Reminds me of this one:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/997-gt...20-wheels.html

You'll obviously don't listen to any of these guys. The car needs nada

In terms of the coolant pipe failures... It's certainly rarer on the MK2s however it has and does happen. My blue/orange one did it on the dyno (sorry EVO!) and spewed it all-over the rollers.

This guide might help ya out
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...10-2011-a.html
Wow...that project and the tuning guide is giving me some really bad ideas! I need to get this thing to a few track days in stock form first but I've been told by more than one person that your exhaust is the one to get

Thanks for the links and the kind feed back.

I also wanted to share another picture...I haven't been able to stop driving this car. I take it everywhere...when it's not raining that is. I've been driving it so much that a few nights ago it was a beer and pizza delivery vehicle for Thurs night football at a friend's place.
Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2012 | 07:41 PM
JS
Race Car

Congrats.
Old 12-02-2012 | 09:33 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

It is even more fun in the rain.... Of course being in the Northwet... if we only drove our Porsches would have Ferrari milage.
Old 12-03-2012 | 12:00 AM
RS77
Advanced

hi - I have a grey bay area RS also and am going to COTA Feb 1-3. Saw you might be also - do you want to coordinate on transport options?
Old 12-03-2012 | 12:16 AM
MirageJHU
Racer

Yes. Yes I do. Let's move to PMs...
Old 12-03-2012 | 12:58 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Beautiful RS!! Go to the track all stock first and have fun. I bet you will have ideas how to empty your wallet fast with mods. Every month has been xmas for me
Old 12-07-2012 | 11:52 AM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Whoa......very nice. My dream car...........
Old 01-22-2013 | 02:45 PM
MirageJHU
Racer

Bump from the dead.

Since I got the car, I bought savyboy's Rays Centerlocks + Trofeo R's. Took those and the car over to BRRacing to get the wheels and tires mounted balanced, got a GMG bar and Schroth harnesses, and aligned the car to spec.

Wheels waiting to get mounted & balanced

BRR's shop definitely impressed me. When I visited there were a smattering of cup cars, a 430 Scuderia, a couple of R8s, and some older German metal as well. Bruce and Robb are super knowledgeable about RSs, very helpful and I felt like they were total straight shooters. And when I saw this crazy tire mounting machine I knew they were serious:

This might be old news to some of you guys, but the place I used to get my RX-7 wheels and tires mounted (265/18 front 285/18 rear) did it the "normal" way with bars and wrenches on a machine similar to this, but smaller. I always leave with a few new scratches despite the shop's best efforts.

These pics aren't the best cell phone pics but you can see some of the magic robot arms that guide the tire onto the rim with no issues. When I left the shop the wheels looked just as they did when I pulled them out of the box.

Finally - I installed them Sunday evening so I don't have many pictures of them, but here's yet another crappy cell phone pic at night of the front wheel...

The real reason I wanted to write this post is to thank this forum and the amazing people on it. As my join date might indicate, even though I've only had the car for 3 months, I've been lurking, reading, and learning everything I can and I've PM'ed quite a few of you random stupid questions and I always get answers. I love this place.

I have to call out savyboy and Eddie@RPW because I bought stuff off of them due to their reps on the forums. Transactions couldn't have gone smoother, it's amazing what dealing with true professionals really is like (again in the RX-7 world there's a lot of kids that have a lot of growing up to do). And of course, a big shout out to BRRacing who got everything that I can't do in my garage done for me

Track pics coming soon too

Quick Reply: My grey 2010 RS