Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Probably a dumb question...GT3 and baby seat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:16 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

The rear seat belt install is an easy job, fitting the seats is a little more difficult and involves some welding IIRC.

I use the Porsche seat for my 4 y/o held in by the seat belt without the seats and it is a very nice fit.
The belt holds it securely and with the front seat (reclining bucket) further forward I am happy that it is a safe set up

Name:  _DSC6297.jpg
Views: 2275
Size:  163.3 KB

Name:  pollseay.jpg
Views: 2498
Size:  105.4 KB

Problem is when they get too tall for the child seat, then the factory seats need to go in.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
If you decide you want to go this route, I have all the parts for you. I'm converting an '08 997 into a race car and have the full interior including all the rear seat components/brackets you would need stripped out.
Thanks! I will def hit you up if I go this route.
Originally Posted by tcsracing1
buy a new 991 carrera C4S pdk
Now you're talkin'. I drove an S yesterday...was surprisingly good with a GT-like exhaust note. This may be the best route.
Originally Posted by mooty
not that you need to do what i did.
but mia commuted with me since she's 3 in lotus, cayman, gt3, rs, s2000, always in her own recaro child seat up front.
Personally, this is not a bad idea Moot. The wifey is very safety conscious though and wants the kids in the back.
Originally Posted by sraz786
This is what you call "First-world problem". That is one lucky kid
So true. Very blessed.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 11-16-2012, 10:33 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
The rear seat belt install is an easy job, fitting the seats is a little more difficult and involves some welding IIRC.

I use the Porsche seat for my 4 y/o held in by the seat belt without the seats and it is a very nice fit.
The belt holds it securely and with the front seat (reclining bucket) further forward I am happy that it is a safe set up

Problem is when they get too tall for the child seat, then the factory seats need to go in.
Ahhh. I'm not the only one. I'm really trying hard not to be selfish and get the wife in on some driving. But, the GT's keep calling my name!

Quick Reply: Probably a dumb question...GT3 and baby seat?