Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
GT3 with direct injection ?

Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 PM
BRracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes you caught us on a typo, NO the GT3 is not DI, but we do have a DI car here and I think that while typing this we were thinking about another car.
NO the GT3 is not DI, SORRY. Man you guys dont miss a thing. ugh

As for the 2012, according to the bill of sale from PCNA it is listed as a 2012 with a late 2011 build date, so we just stated as it was from PCNA, but agree that it is a rare car if indeed a 2012 and believe that PCNA has a great marketing tool to sell cars.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BRracing
Yes you caught us on a typo, NO the GT3 is not DI, but we do have a DI car here and I think that while typing this we were thinking about another car.
NO the GT3 is not DI, SORRY.

As for the 2012, according to the bill of sale from PCNA it is listed as a 2012 with a late 2011 build date, so we just stated as it was from PCNA, but agree that it is a rare car if indeed a 2012 and believe that PCNA has a great marketing tool to sell cars.

Nice car!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

But, here is what we started with....the basic Porsche 997.2 2012 GT3, w the 3.8 direct injected motor

BRracing......producing the right product with real results.....what can we build for you?

Nice starting point!

Special ordered car no doubt.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM
BRracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Not DI though, lets make that clear.
Thanks though.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Is there a possibility of selling that set of take-off PCCB rotors, please?
Thanks

Last edited by GT3DE; 05-01-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:44 PM
BRracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The PCCB kit from this car were sold to another member for their car.
If there is anything else that people are interested in please let us know, but we are not trying to start a "for sale" thread.

Look forward to providing more updates.
Thanks

Robb
BRracing
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

NO the GT3 is not DI, SORRY. Man you guys dont miss a thing. ugh
We are an attentive bunch
Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Any chance of that pic of the engine bay?
Thanks

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,947 Likes on 1,921 Posts

I'm the owner of the car and it's been beyond great working BR Racing in developing my equipment (the car) and my skills.

So far the LSD is factory stock and I will replace it when it wears out - but it's lasted the 4500'ish miles that are on the car now and I"m in no hurry to spend more money until the part wears out.

The springs/shocks are something we're talking about but I'm running non-embarrassing lap times with out them and the car is quite nice and predictable as it stands so again I'm in no hurry to replace parts that doing a good job as they stand.

Someone mentioned the o-ring holders for the smarty cam and they kept breaking on me, we've moved to the zip ties and I haven't had to do anything to the camera and it just works.

The two best upgrades have been the StopTech brakes and the cool suit. I highly recommend these two changes to anyone doing track days more than 3 or 4 times a year.

If anyone wants to see the car in person or talk with me or BRR about the fun we're having with it we'll be at Laguna Seca Nov. 19th, 20, and 21.

I also have several videos posted on vimeo if you'd like to see what the car can do in action.

So far this year at various POC/PCA events we've done well in time trials:

April 1st in car class PCA Zone 8 Time Trial, 9th overall @ Fontana
Sept. 1st in car class PCA GGR Time Trial, 3rd overall @ Thunderhill

as was mentioned in the write up I've been getting progressively faster with the car and I'm deeply impressed with the car's capabilities, they are way beyond my abilities and it's just super super fun to drive.

Someone asked for pictures of the engine bay - nothing special there, it's a fully stock 2011 911 GT3 997.2 - we had to swap the air box when we added the cup-car deck lid for the wing - other than than we have done nothing to the engine bay and nothing is planned at this time.

look forward to seeing anyone at any track event, feel free to cover over and say hi - I'd love to see what other people are driving.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

there was a question of special order for this car and that's the funny thing. It was bought off the lot from Auto Gallery in Los Angeles, CA…it was a stock 2011 911 GT3 w/PCCB's and the CF sport seats. it was bought new with less than 20 miles on the odometer. I drove it from LA to BR Racing in Los Gatos and we promptly began working on it as a dedicated track car.

The PCCB's were the first to go given their very predictable maintenance costs. Basically selling the PCCB's bought the stop-techs as a straight across swap. I'd like to be clear here I am not entering the debate regarding PCCB's as good/bad/appropriate for track dates or good/bad brakes, for me it was simple. I can't afford to spend $9000 on a set of front rotors when/if they wear out. So I needed to move to something with a more acceptable cost of replacement curve. That being said these brakes are beyond awesome and I can put you in touch with people who've ridden with me gotten out of the car (safely) and promptly engaged BRR for set of their very own. One instructor at fontana coming off turn 2 was simply stunned by how they performed and felt he'd not experienced braking of a similar nature except when he's been fortunate enough to get a pro-driver ride-along in a fully decked out race GT3 CUP with a Porsche Factory driver. They perform consistently, great peddle feel, excellent feedback, reasonable cost to maintain, and I've yet to experience any serious fading in the average 20-30 min track session regardless of how hard I drive the car. I've also been to event where my wife and I drive the car back to back, and normally she's out first and we turn the car over "hot" and I go out and the brakes are still crisp and responsive - for those keeping track that is typically a solid 40-50 min on track with out a brief pause to change drivers. I run the brakes hard and I'm not afraid to use them (and neither is my wife) and they hold up well.

The car was a stock off the lot GT3 in stunning Aqua Blue - the tweaks we've made are not out-ragious or extreme, and the performance of the vehicle now is beyond excellent. It makes it sooo much fun to go to a track day that I have to pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

the deck lid, wing and air box are Porsche Motorsport parts. We are still running the fan and it all works just as normal. So far no problems with heating/cooling - {crosses fingers}.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM
BRracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

More pics of the engine bay and the decklid.
Can provide the Porsche Motorsport part numbers.
The decklid can be made to match other intakes...just more money.
We did install the fan (not req'd, but the car was originally doing a fair amount of street driving)
Bruce
BRracing
Attached Images   
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

is that a cup air box?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts