Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

F430 / GT3RS or 991 x51?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 AM
doctp12
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be 62 in 2 months, have raced and driven on weekends, a Ferrari 308, a Mondiale "T" and a Stradale. Been doing this for the last 30 years.
The Stradale was an incredible car, wish I still had it, just 2004 technology and constantly worried about a breakdown and major $$ for engine repairs.

The 308 was a slug.
The Mondiale "T" with belts, Tubi , roll bar; convertible was so much fun on the street and at the track... with a bit too much body roll and lots of electrical issues.
The 2011 GT3RS is the best I have ever driven on the track and nice and raw for the street, but not overly so; 2-3 hours, non stop, driving to DE events is a pleasure and not tiring, actually, real fun, different than the track experience.... which I like.

You NEVER worry about breakdowns, the car is bulletproof!

Just " man -up" get the GT3RS, enjoy the long drives, the INCREDIBLE race experience at the track...[you will never drive better than what the car is capable of doing], and the wing... the idiots on the street will say, yea, an older guy trying to find his youth; the real drivers will know why that wing is there and just wish that they were driving that car. It is so necessary at speed.
The 997.2 GT3RS is the most incredible car that I have driven, and yes, I have driven A F40.

Tom
Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

^Hey Tom,

Love your comment. Totally agree with you on the driving experience of RS on track and on route to the track. Happy Motoring.

Quick Reply: F430 / GT3RS or 991 x51?