Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default MK2 GT3 Tuning Guide

And for the 2010+ MK2 GT3s we've got our tuning guide up (the RS one is on its way shortly):

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...10-2011-a.html

Old 11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

2010-2011 GT3RS:

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...10-2011-a.html
Old 11-20-2012, 05:37 PM
M3est
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The most interesting thread i ve read.Good job guys.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you obviously haven't read the famous trakcar's threads yet!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:20 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,621 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Who's " Trakcar 3.0"?
Originally Posted by Eggorian
+1
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Zkermit has has been completely shadowed by the "Trakcar Nation".
Originally Posted by mdrums
We need t-shirts
Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
You are a funny man! I am sooooo grateful I live on the west coast! I think the Florida heat has taken its toll on the "Trakcar nation" just as alcohol & drugs have caused dilutions of grandure with the " Raider Nation"
Trakcar's fame has completely eclipsed the brief moment in the sun that zkermit had. Even chuck Norris concedes that Peter is a better driver than him. All hail mighty trackcar!
Obama uses Trakcar when he has to get somewhere in a hurry and Airforce 1 is down for repair.
Originally Posted by mdrums
Trakcar even has a cartoon video called "Flat Out"!
Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
you obviously haven't read the famous trakcar's threads yet!
WTF?? I get a busy 5 days, missed this nonsense altogether, figured I have most everything the guide suggests you buy. Actually, they are must haves.

Talking about hijacking a thread...
Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice write-up! Thank You! I learned a few things...:-) -if it wasn't for having to "cope" with looking at that awful baby-blue GT3 -I like white better :-)- in your package shown even with the full license plate "LPCGT3". Wonder who that is....does he get paid royalties every time someone clicks the link? :-) Just kidding...
Anyway, getting off subject... One thing, if I may suggest, is changing the pix of the center locks in your package since they are outdated "specimens" now... no more "500nm"...
As far as "STOCK" GT3's, I've tracked my GT3, which is completely stock, now over 30 times/days in 18 months and you're right, Alex, these cars really need nothing the way they came from the factory (ex Alignment).
While I'm completely happy :-) at this time, but when my clutch goes I'll put in the LWFW, 4.0 pressure plate and the OEM upgraded Guard LSD. No change in sound needed, I'm already banned from Laguna...
Old 11-27-2012, 03:59 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by M3est
The most interesting thread i ve read.Good job guys.
Thanks and glad you guys like it Hopefully it's useful...
Originally Posted by Horstair
Nice write-up! Thank You! I learned a few things...:-) -if it wasn't for having to "cope" with looking at that awful baby-blue GT3 -I like white better :-)- in your package shown even with the full license plate "LPCGT3". Wonder who that is....does he get paid royalties every time someone clicks the link? :-) Just kidding...
Anyway, getting off subject... One thing, if I may suggest, is changing the pix of the center locks in your package since they are outdated "specimens" now... no more "500nm"...
As far as "STOCK" GT3's, I've tracked my GT3, which is completely stock, now over 30 times/days in 18 months and you're right, Alex, these cars really need nothing the way they came from the factory (ex Alignment).
While I'm completely happy :-) at this time, but when my clutch goes I'll put in the LWFW, 4.0 pressure plate and the OEM upgraded Guard LSD. No change in sound needed, I'm already banned from Laguna...
Haha yes that's a nice picture from a mag shoot we did a year ago:P And what's with the blue hate

That's a really good point on that picture... thank you! For sure I'll get that picture changed... I have so many pix but went for beauty over substance on that

Ah the clutch should last a very good while indeed! I'd be surprised it that ever fails... The LSD on the other hand
Old 11-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Protocav
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

One thing that wasn't completely clear to me was the use of the .2 sport back (carbon, folding, GT2) in a .1RS. Is this a plug and play operation where the airbag is still functional?

Thank you
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Protocav
One thing that wasn't completely clear to me was the use of the .2 sport back (carbon, folding, GT2) in a .1RS. Is this a plug and play operation where the airbag is still functional?

Thank you
Absolutely... I think I showed the picture of them in my green Kermit 07RS? If not I'll add it but it has the thorax airbag in there just like your regular seats and plugs in accordingly
Old 11-28-2012, 03:35 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

And for those of ya with 997.2S, GTS etc as well...

2009-2011 Carrera / S / 4S / GTS:

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsch...09-2012-a.html
Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I wanted to thank some of you folks for sending in some additions and updates. As always, feel free to add anything you guys want to these in case we miss stuff

Quick Reply: Shark Werks GT3 and GT3RS Tuning / Modification Guide