Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB: Track-prepped 3.8 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome....now everyone else needs to convert.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Track miles are not a big deal. Still have like new compression and makes more whp than most 3.8

Oil changed every four track days

Or maybe I keep her, make stick again and daily drive
Is Geisha sequential?

Could you email me more information on her? My email is my name (doug) at my website.

Oh...if you're looking for a trailer....I have a couple enclosed Trailex trailers that I'm looking to move out for the end of the year. I'll make you a deal.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Have a line on a cup
pending domino effect....
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
Is Geisha sequential?

Could you email me more information on her? My email is my name (doug) at my website.

Oh...if you're looking for a trailer....I have a couple enclosed Trailex trailers that I'm looking to move out for the end of the year. I'll make you a deal.
No sequential

I'll email build later

not interested in Trailex enclosed, thanks for teh offer.....I want AC and soemwhere to sit
Old 10-17-2012, 02:38 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Cup for DE?

I have often thought having a cup one day down the road would be fun. But i doubt i see myself going down the path of wheel to wheel racing, so it has always seemed like major overkill - in terms of cost, maintenance, hassle etc - for regular track days, TT, etc.

It is a genuine question, not a judgement

Last edited by drl; 10-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Izzone - what kinds of trailers are you looking at? I also ruled out trailex based on size/cost ratio. TPD is very nice and fairly close to home, but still looking around. I plan to buy new so i can build it...unless something really great comes along.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM
zip465
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Just bought a 20' TPD enclosed, AC, Winch, Built in cabinets & toolbox, generator. Looked at all the options from other manufacturers - TPD is the best bang for the buck. Went with 20' vs. 24' due to driveway access limitations. Plenty of room for my needs.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Congrats on a nice trailer!

Are you going to the reno event? I would love to check it out. I have seen a million pics but have yet to see one in person
Old 10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts
As the world turns.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
KMW
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrong thread, but you didn't mention safety? Modern street cars are becoming so fast, but the walls at the track are not moving further out at the same rate. I also think more and more DE drivers are choosing not to progress into racing, but are laying down some serious lap times often with less safety features than a well-built Spec Miata. I still can't get over the fact that so many clubs require the windows to be down. If you track a lot and you know you're pushing your car then I think a Cup, or equivalent in terms of safety, is the right way to go.

Originally Posted by drl
Cup for DE?

I have often thought having a cup one day down the road would be fun. But i doubt i see myself going down the path of wheel to wheel racing, so it has always seemed like major overkill - in terms of cost, maintenance, hassle etc - for regular track days, TT, etc.

It is a genuine question, not a judgement?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Rceron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KMW
Wrong thread, but you didn't mention safety? Modern street cars are becoming so fast, but the walls at the track are not moving further out at the same rate. I also think more and more DE drivers are choosing not to progress into racing, but are laying down some serious lap times often with less safety features than a well-built Spec Miata. I still can't get over the fact that so many clubs require the windows to be down. If you track a lot and you know you're pushing your car then I think a Cup, or equivalent in terms of safety, is the right way to go.
Exactly. Regardless of lap times a tire blowout at 140+ is tempting fate. Factory cage would be nice. Hope I make the transition someday.

Ramon
Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Rceron
Originally Posted by KMW
Exactly. Regardless of lap times a tire blowout at 140+ is tempting fate. Factory cage would be nice. Hope I make the transition someday.

Ramon
Get fia cert factory cage
Old 10-17-2012, 06:25 PM
tasman
Race Car

Where is the best place to get one of these? How much welding and cutting is involved and how hard is it to get in and out with one of these? I guess my real question is is it still usable on a semi daily basis with a cage?

thanks
tal
Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tasman
Where is the best place to get one of these? How much welding and cutting is involved and how hard is it to get in and out with one of these? I guess my real question is is it still usable on a semi daily basis with a cage?

thanks
tal
Fvd just google them

Weld plate to tub

Easy removal

Not too hard to get in / out of
Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 PM
tasman
Race Car

Thanks

Quick Reply: WTB: Track-prepped 3.8 GT3