Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Apple Macbook Air and Solo DL logging?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I prefer not to cut.

I love my first I phone 5! I have not received it yet, but I love it, best thing ever.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I prefer not to cut.

I love my first I phone 5! I have not received it yet, but I love it, best thing ever.
Personal example of KISS manufacturing principle
Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

VBOX now has a CAN pickup that is inductive. Ain't cheap but no cutting. PM me.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-09-2012, 09:17 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Looking forward to it ... I wouldn't splice the harness on the car. No need to do so.
Is that what you have to do if you want to use CAN bus instead of OBDII?
What does CAN give that OBDII doesn't?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:27 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

If anyone wants a 13" Mac Air with 1.86 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gig of ram and a 128g hard drive, $1000 shipped (continental us).

Excellent condition . Only flaw is the black paint is coming off the "period" key. No scratches, dents, or other damage. Includes original box and the cd/dvd superdrive. Has latest OS Mountain Lion, Windows 7, and Parallels already installed.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33 PM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Finally. Someone smart enough to not fall for the hype

It is so weird that the Mac and PC versions of word are different. So much so I have a hard time switching between them.

I'll check out that Dell. If I can dump my mac air, I'd love to apply the funds to a PC only ultrabook. Prefer to find another brand though as Dell's customer service blows these days.
Nope, I wish I didn't fall for the hype. I bought iFail4s, iPads, MBAs, MBPs,... only the iPad gets some use until I land on a site that requires Flash...

Dell's customer service blows for sure. But this product is pretty cool. I treat buying from Dell like going to a Chinese restaurant that thinks good customer service is giving you the bill quickly.

And for people who like CF, the backing of the Dell XPS 13 is a one piece of CF. Only issue is the fan being a bit loud at times, but at least it has never burned me like my MB Pro. Man, that computer ran hot!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would oil and water show you as far as improving lap times? FYI, the OBD feed from Porsche is verrryyy slow. So be warned.

See above. Vbox is instant if you're willing to start cutting. Clark and Grady are very pleased but according them they did have to attach to ECU wiring somehow. Didn't get into specifics though. I'm okay with lag as I don't plan on winning the DE cup

Finally. Someone smart enough to not fall for the hype

It is so weird that the Mac and PC versions of word are different. So much so I have a hard time switching between them.

I'll check out that Dell. If I can dump my mac air, I'd love to apply the funds to a PC only ultrabook. Prefer to find another brand though as Dell's customer service blows these days.
No hype, I started using Mac back in 1999 and never looked back. Mac always was what a PC would like to be, of course there are a lot more softwares and such, as the masses use PC, but no downside to me.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

If anyone wants a 13" Mac Air with 1.86 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gig of ram and a 128g hard drive, $1000 shipped (continental us).

Excellent condition . Only flaw is the black paint is coming off the "period" key. No scratches, dents, or other damage. Includes original box and the cd/dvd superdrive. Has latest OS Mountain Lion, Windows 7, and Parallels already installed.
No friend's price ???

come on ... I need a few more Mac devices here.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

No friend's price ???

Eddie

Dawg doesn't have any friends when it comes to $$$ oh wait he did buy me breakfast at VIR

Apple here also from the Apple IIc to current MacBook Pro.

Peter
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

No hype, I started using Mac back in 1999 and never looked back. Mac always was what a PC would like to be, of course there are a lot more softwares and such, as the masses use PC, but no downside to me.
To each his own. Owning a mac is like riding a harley in a 1%'er gang. I'd rather ride a honda.

No friend's price ???

Let's talk. I'll negotiate. I already know what ultrabook I want and they have it in stock.

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Eddie

Dawg doesn't have any friends when it comes to $$$ oh wait he did buy me breakfast at VIR

Apple here also from the Apple IIc to current MacBook Pro.

Peter
Impressive for a guy who grew up in a time when computers were the size of my house
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE=deputydog95;9908360]To each his own. Owning a Mac is like Driving a Porsche, in a 1%'er gang. You can have the Honda.

Small correction.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

[quote=TurboS;9908786]
To each his own. Owning a Mac is like Driving a Porsche, in a 1%'er gang. You can have the Honda.

Small correction.
Nicely done

BTW, found another issue with Mac. My OBD scan tool doesn't like a virtualized windows environment. Uggggghhh.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Parallel sucks ... those kind of tools are made for shops and mechanics ... and some enthusiasts ...
You need a toughbook
BTW, who released the flash memory computer ???
Who designed the Operational system that PC copied ???
Old 10-11-2012, 02:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Macs are overpriced ****ty products that have constant funky compatibility issues that force you to do constant workarounds to communicate with the rest of the world. For example, exactly what you're trying to do now. Just run a simple program...They try to make it better by having all their products talk exceptionally well, but you're still stuck putting flip4mac and other weird little programs on there to make it run like a windows machine. So why not just get a windows machine? Did I mention how douchey the "genius" bar is? Anyway....

I am slowly getting rid of all things mac in my life. The only thing left is my mac air. And now that they have ultrabooks in pc, I'll probably make the switch here shortly. I have a 24" imac that is about 5 years old if anyone is looking.

I tried running boot camp. Has crashed twice now. The Greek tried it too. Same thing. Not to mention it takes up a **** load of HD space keeping two OS's on there. Which is critical when using something with so little storage as the air.

But if you must....

Try parallels. I'm using that now. We'll see how it goes. It uses boot camp too, but allows you to run both OS at the same time. You lose features when you boot solely into Windows mode. So that is nice that you get to keep most of your apple keyboard functionality.

Don't buy retail copies of Windows 7. Get a builder's edition from comp usa or tiger direct. It's generally less than half price of a regular retail copy. I don't get what the difference is, but I've bought them a couple times like that.

nah, rest of the world that are not mac compatible is not worth knowing to me.

sites that must do flash... i just ignore.

now if RL becomes mac incompatible.... i may finally seek psychological help.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Parallel sucks ... those kind of tools are made for shops and mechanics ... and some enthusiasts ...
You need a toughbook
BTW, who released the flash memory computer ???
Who designed the Operational system that PC copied ???
Al Gore? He invented the internet you know.

Originally Posted by mooty
nah, rest of the world that are not mac compatible is not worth knowing to me.

sites that must do flash... i just ignore.

now if RL becomes mac incompatible.... i may finally seek psychological help.
Peter would have to be committed. He gets very cranky if he doesn't get at least 8 hours of RL.

This is too funny not to post

Quick Reply: Apple Macbook Air and Solo DL logging?