Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2007 GT3 PCCB Caliper Rebuild DIY

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:45 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Are the spring clips (used in lieu of the dust boots) available from a Rennlist vendor?
Not positive but try Eddie at RPW.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:45 PM
AEsco48
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone find a source for just the Brembo inner pressure seals? I know a few companies sell seals but I am looking for Brembo brand seals? Don't need dust seals, pucks or pistons. Thx
Old 01-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by AEsco48
Anyone find a source for just the Brembo inner pressure seals? I know a few companies sell seals but I am looking for Brembo brand seals? Don't need dust seals, pucks or pistons. Thx
You can get them from Brembo. Or here:
http://www.zeckhausen.com/Brembo/Con...es.htm#Rebuild
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 552 Posts

Dr. Z will hook you up. +1 (and has high temp dust boots to boot)
Old 12-27-2023, 06:07 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 132 Posts

Reviving an old thread as there is some great info

I am about to rebuild my GT3 cup non PCCB calipers and stumbled on this thread. I think the Cup and road GT3 are the same calipers.

I took a look at Zeckhausen and the front caliper rebuild kit (seal and dust boot) is $54 for two sets.

I was originally looking at Demonspeed’s kit, which is 3x the price? Which got me thinking are there different quality of kits with better heat resilience. It’s for a cup car so it’s going to see extreme heat cycles.

A similar observation is that Zeckhausen’s caliper pad retaining bolts are $13 and Demonspeed $145. The former sounds cheap and the latter way over priced.

I have no prior history with either vendor so I am curious to understand the huge price disparity.

🙏
Old 12-28-2023, 12:59 PM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 168 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

I am about to rebuild my GT3 cup non PCCB calipers and stumbled on this thread. I think the Cup and road GT3 are the same calipers.

I took a look at Zeckhausen and the front caliper rebuild kit (seal and dust boot) is $54 for two sets.

I was originally looking at Demonspeed’s kit, which is 3x the price? Which got me thinking are there different quality of kits with better heat resilience. It’s for a cup car so it’s going to see extreme heat cycles.

A similar observation is that Zeckhausen’s caliper pad retaining bolts are $13 and Demonspeed $145. The former sounds cheap and the latter way over priced.

I have no prior history with either vendor so I am curious to understand the huge price disparity.

🙏
Good day,

I need to take a look at where our seals are sourced from, but I believe that they were from Brembo, not aftermarket. So, there could be a difference there. Maybe we can look into offering two different quality options.

On the caliper retaining bolts, the Demon Speed bolts are made differently than the original. Ours have a hex head on the front face which allows you to hold the bolt from spinning and damaging the caliper unlike the original. So, they are manufactured here in the US in smaller batches than what you will find with the ones sold by Zeckhausen.

If the original style and lowest cost is what you are looking for, then you should consider the ones by Zeckhausen. They are certainly cheaper than the dealer would sell them for.

Thanks

Ed

https://www.goodaero.com/
Race Designed Aerodynamics

https://racingtirewarmers.com/
Win more races with tire warmers

Great products for racers by racers

ed@demonspeed.com

Demon Speed Motorsports is a proud sponsor of PCA and the Club Racing Program

The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (12-28-2023)
Old 12-30-2023, 12:43 AM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911

🙏
I just found this thread as well to rebuild my calipers. I ended up getting my kit from Girodisc, $70 each front set, and $50 for the rear. Cheaper than Racing Brake, but more expensive than Zeckhausen. Problem is Zeckhausen was on backorder and I didn't want to wait. I would go with the cheapest set, it's a rubber ring in the end, as long as you don't get it from Amazon I don't see a quality reason. I just did the first caliper today, tedious and takes time, but simple once you get the first few pistons done and establish a process

​​​​​​
Old 12-30-2023, 10:33 AM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Hmmmm...There are tremendous differences in the quality of components and parts...Do not cheap out on your brake system. Have you ever seen rubber seals fail or hydraulic connections rupture under pressure ? Be smart here.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:03 PM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by bgiere
Hmmmm...There are tremendous differences in the quality of components and parts...Do not cheap out on your brake system. Have you ever seen rubber seals fail or hydraulic connections rupture under pressure ? Be smart here.
I agree, that's why I mentioned as long as you get them from a reputable brand and not a place like Amazon or alibaba you'll be fine. My overall point is it's not necessary to spend $200 per corner on seals unless you're building full on competitive race cars. Less expensive parts are also of very good quality that are more than adequate for the use the car's going to get.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3 PCCB Caliper Rebuild DIY