Just Ordered GT2 Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RSMC
What's the price on the Euro GT3 seats?
Not sure, Eddie at orbit is taking care of selling them for me! They have alcantara inserts, and are in great shape! How's 2k plus shipping treat you. Shoot me an email at Jamie at rkautowerks.com...
Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Well done Jamie, you will enjoy it !
Eddie, looks like two interested parties for the euro GT3 seats already! I love rennlist!!

Originally Posted by kormaster
I want i want!! Who do i contact at Isringhausen?
I spoke to Ted!

Originally Posted by Erik
Euro GT3 seats should sell quickly, especially with the beautiful alcantara cussions
Agreed! Like the new sig, will have some video for you after tomorrow!

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Btw, talk to Tony at heritage upholstery for alcantara covers. I'm very happy with mine

Don't expect to get a response from alpha bedding. I tried for months and they never responded. Emails, phone calls, nothing.
Thanks Joe, will be calling to get some with Orange stitching for headrest... RS!!

Originally Posted by seapar
BTW my gt2 seats arrive next Monday from the same source, same price as OP Jamie. Going in same time as used GMG bar, 6 pt schroth harnesses, BK sub bars and BK fire extinguisher mount. Will keep GT3 sport adaptive seats stored for a rainy day.
My BK sub bars and harnesses will be here next week as well!

Originally Posted by bensf
Just ordered mine 10 minutes ago, same price. I should have them in a couple of days. I agree with Joe about the delusional pricing for used sets here. Joe I will be talking to you tomorrow at Thunderhill about those inserts.

Thank you Jamie_GT3

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
i just talked to them/him - try ted, ted@alphabedding.com, (847) 550-5110, x161. he's a GT3 owner (which is why his non-car related, fabric biz does this "on the side".)

the order number for alcantara inserts in porsche color charcoal grey is GT31080. yes, even tho the part # has GT3 in it, the item is for GT2 seats. i confirmed. $299 shipped. embroidery ("GT2 / 3") on the headrests is $45 per pair.
Nice!

Originally Posted by seapar
I was told by Ted that my covers would be ready by the 18 th, even with embroidery of yellow GT3 on the covers.
This is a great idea! Will follow suit in orange!
Originally Posted by Tedster
Hi folks, glad to hear all the interest. Not sure how we missed some inquiries but will make sure we fix that. Our main business is hospital mattresses but our custom shop made a set for my seats and when I showed them to some PCA buddies they said I should sell them. PM me for a brochure.
You'll be hearing from me shortly!

Originally Posted by modoz61
I had two reasons to spec these when I ordered the car

I am 6' 5" and 240lb and these seats give extra width making long days at the track comfortable but the biggest benefit was that the squab/base is removable which allows my head in helmet not to hit the roof

I had a small alcantara pad made to replace the factory one for track days but truth be known my own padding is sufficient

Air bags a bonus as well, hopefully never needed but the tilt forward option does make climbing into the back through the cage acheivable (if I really have to - kids never clean the rear window properly from the inside.

You will really enjoy these
The airbags and being able to lean them forward was the clincher...

Originally Posted by edwin814
Anymore info on your Euro seat for sale from Orbit?
Give Eddie a ring! He can tell you all about them. They have alcantara inserts and are in good shape! They're still at orbit or I'd put up some pics for you!
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Euro GT3 seats should sell quickly, especially with the beautiful alcantara cussions
Great decision! GT2 seats were my first mod on the 7.2 GT3. My wife and I didn't have sore backs after an 8hr road trip I'm the car. And perfect for DE events.

Erik - love the new avatar! I trust all is well!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
mp3moose
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Email sent for the GT3 seats. I'll take em!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erik - love the new avatar! I trust all is well
Hi Stephen, looks familiar doesn't it . If you buy Peters latest creation you'll have the identical one with less miles and not nicknamed "the lemon".

Jamie, you are/have sold those seats too cheap, told you they would go in 5 minutes if you would try to sell them. Looking forward to the video(s)
Old 09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

And no Arab gold accents this time.....

I can see Erik change all the gold to neon green, red or orange. Perhaps bright blue, or some other Caribbean colors..
Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mp3moose
Email sent for the GT3 seats. I'll take em!
I'll look for it...

Originally Posted by SSTHO
Great decision! GT2 seats were my first mod on the 7.2 GT3. My wife and I didn't have sore backs after an 8hr road trip I'm the car. And perfect for DE events.

Erik - love the new avatar! I trust all is well!
Took a ride today in a .2RS with them and what a difference...

Hi Stephen, looks familiar doesn't it . If you buy Peters latest creation you'll have the identical one with less miles and not nicknamed "the lemon".

Jamie, you are/have sold those seats too cheap, told you they would go in 5 minutes if you would try to sell them. Looking forward to the video(s)
Not sold yet, maybe a bidding war!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

i get the feeling y'all are playing musical cars here
Old 09-08-2012, 06:51 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If anybody is interested there is a pair of GT2 seats over on the parts marketplace page. They are $5000. That's the cheapest I have seen a set for.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by paver
If anybody is interested there is a pair of GT2 seats over on the parts marketplace page. They are $5000. That's the cheapest I have seen a set for.
These seem to have some wear, and for $1500.00 more seems like new is worth the difference...
Old 09-08-2012, 10:47 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,907 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Not sure, Eddie at orbit is taking care of selling them for me! They have alcantara inserts, and are in great shape! How's 2k plus shipping treat you. Shoot me an email at Jamie at rkautowerks.com...
2K? I going to assume that these are the 996 variants and not the 997 Euro Gt3 buckets that sell for 14k at suncoast.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
2K? I going to assume that these are the 996 variants and not the 997 Euro Gt3 buckets that sell for 14k at suncoast.
Correct, I'm new, but not that new!

Also for those that contacted Eddie, my guy backed out so it's all you two!

Please continue to work it out with him!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Default Orbit for Euro GT3 Seats

Anyone still interested in the seats, please contact Eddie at Orbit!

Thanks,

Jamie
Old 09-10-2012, 02:17 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

2k is a great price, and the 996 euro seats are better for track-only (being WAY lighter), so long as you don't mind losing access to the rear storage space.

Surprised they're still available, as used sets typically move quickly.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Seats arrived Thursday this past week. Super nice... Waiting on the passenger sub bar to install them both. Harnesses are installed in the car and on the seats. I'll take some pics of them before I install and in the car when I get them in.

Also the Euro 996 GT3 seats are still available. I think Eddie is at Sebring this weekend, should have pic's early next week.

Also thinking about selling the stock seats from the GT3RS as I don't have room to store them.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered GT2 Seats!