Congrats and enjoy!!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:56 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,205 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Fantastic thread, really enjoyed it.

Congrats and enjoy!!
Sorry for off-topic, but did you get a GT3 as well? In addition to 4S or instead?
Old 01-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Thought I'd seen all the videos but somehow missed this one. Such a cool car. Can't wait to hear more feedback.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:42 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ready for its shakedown drive.
Attached Images    
Old 01-14-2015, 05:26 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Holy **** Pete, that looks like fun...

Cant wait for the review and owner ship experience.

Think I'd fit?
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

When I see pics of this car, in my head I hear "...I'm batman".
Old 01-14-2015, 07:08 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
Ready for its shakedown drive.
Wow, just for the looks it's worth the price differential with a Radical and such.

What are your thoughts on two things:

1. Crash safety. How would it compare to a street GT3 with a rollbar? Or to a Cup car?

2. With engine and gearbox solid-mounted, and engine being 4 cylinder only, there can be quite a bit of NVH. Does it get to the point where it contributes to driver fatigue too much? For example, how many hours on a typical track day would you be able to drive it without feeling too tired to focus? I've seen some cars where it's like riding a jackhammer, and 3 hours within a typical 8-hour track day would be asking for trouble. I hope it's not like that.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:18 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 354 Likes on 214 Posts

WOW Pete,the big moment has arrived! Huge congrats! That is sweeet!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:11 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Holy **** Pete, that looks like fun...

Cant wait for the review and owner ship experience.

Think I'd fit?
Jeremy Clarkson has driven it several times? See the YT vids with his face flapping in the wind. You should fit fine.

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
When I see pics of this car, in my head I hear "...I'm batman".
Nanannannana nanana nannnaana!

In my head I hear "I'm Nico!" LOL!

Originally Posted by neanicu
WOW Pete,the big moment has arrived! Huge congrats! That is sweeet!
Thank you sir, yes a longggg time coming, yowsers.

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Wow, just for the looks it's worth the price differential with a Radical and such.

What are your thoughts on two things:

1. Crash safety. How would it compare to a street GT3 with a rollbar? Or to a Cup car?

2. With engine and gearbox solid-mounted, and engine being 4 cylinder only, there can be quite a bit of NVH. Does it get to the point where it contributes to driver fatigue too much? For example, how many hours on a typical track day would you be able to drive it without feeling too tired to focus? I've seen some cars where it's like riding a jackhammer, and 3 hours within a typical 8-hour track day would be asking for trouble. I hope it's not like that.
1. Hmmm, well it all depends on who or what hits you and where. If you can answer that with certainty, we can form a good answer

You are sitting within a very serious FIA approved drawn steel tube cage with crash structures all around you and the light weight will help you to bounce off hard things The car was designed for the steering and pedal box to be fitted to the driver so the driver is always in the optimum safest position within the cockpit. How safe are Formula 3 cars? That is what this is, a street legal F3 car.

2. As this is a mechanical grip car and not an aero car, you are not forced to use high spring rates. Ergo, it rides...plushly. Aero cars necessarily ride like buckboard wagons so they can perform at 10/10th's. It's important to understand why cars are suspended like they are.

You call it NVH, I call it the visceral feedback that is the reason I bought the car. It's no harsher than a GT3 with suspension mods. With that said - it is an involving driving experience that will be physically and mentally taxing if you choose to drive it to its limits. If you cruise around at sub-light speed it's no big deal.
Attached Images  

Last edited by savyboy; 01-14-2015 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:56 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
LOL. Max, if you're looking for a new track car, you might want to consider a Rolls Royce Wraith!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:04 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Savy, Wishing you the very best with your new MONO. Allan
Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Badass Pete!!! Enjoy!!!! Mike
Old 01-15-2015, 12:16 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shizzle
LOL. Max, if you're looking for a new track car, you might want to consider a Rolls Royce Wraith!
No, I just don't want to be forced to go home too early because I'm all zoned out. It's just as bad as cutting sessions short due to car overheating. Not an issue at all with 4-5 20-minute sessions a day, but open track days or some of the better groups here can get you over 3-4 hours on track per day. Add drive there and drive back (in a different car/truck, of course) for another 5+ hours behind wheel, and driver endurance does become important.

I'm not worried about suspension but rather about the engine and transmission vibration. Being thrown around on bumps is challenging physically, but fitness helps a great deal against that. But there is no effective way to train for monotonous mechanical vibration turning brain into mush. There is a lot of research on this regarding pilots, motorcyclists and construction workers. Endurance may not be a popular topic among track drivers, given all the bravado. But on many longer track days I see just 3-4 cars left lapping after 5th or 6th session, so people do get tired.

I'm not saying this is the case with this car, and I very much hope it's not. It's just that solidly mounted engine and transmission inches from your spine are more likely to be fatiguing if not designed with driver endurance in mind.

Anyway, I guess I'll just need to try it. Anyway, it's not a huge deal.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Road_Racer
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pete,

Glad to see the Mono has finally arrived! It looks amazing, hope I get a chance to see it out at Fernley this year.

- Lysle #22
Old 03-05-2015, 05:31 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Because the Mono seems to be build for DE. Easy to drive, drop dead gorgeous and not rough and tumble cheap just to be cheap and feel like a race car. We want to feel like race car drivers, we don't want our cars to feel like race cars.
Interesting !

Quick Reply: GT3 Alternative - BAC Mono - NSFW