Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,403 Likes on 812 Posts

Have you thought about a Gallardo?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:55 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Also Audi does not have the community like Rennlist and PCA events.
Just finished up a DE with the Audi Club at Watkins Gen. A very good club event. There were at least 6 - 8 R8s there - very quick! A number of TTRSs - which I didn't even realize there was such a car. Looks like they have a DE at VIR on 8/31 - not sure if that is close enough for you to check out - more than likely you'll see some R8s.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 AM
MarkG123
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Guys, I just could not pull the trigger on the R8. Partly, I would rather sell the GT3 than take a beating on a trade. Also, just too busy right now to make a trip to Atlanta to really check out the car. I will have to pick up the hunt down the road.

Thanks for all the input, this forum is fantastic!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Paul2x
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkG123
Guys, I just could not pull the trigger on the R8. Partly, I would rather sell the GT3 than take a beating on a trade. Also, just too busy right now to make a trip to Atlanta to really check out the car. I will have to pick up the hunt down the road.

Thanks for all the input, this forum is fantastic!
Good move, buys you more time to decied. IMO can't go wrong either way.
My father has 6sp. v10 that he moved to from a P-car and we have done several back to back comparison's with my GT3. Trade for a day, at the track etc.
Personally I think it's one of the best street cars out there, comfy, sound's great (after exhaust) is fast and is sexy as hell. Great for a blast through the canyon but also for a night on the town w/ the lady. 6 speed is a must. Makes the car.

My father's biggest gripe is the power delivery, and from that thinks it lacks power or at least the feel of it. He swears my GT3 is just as fast in a straight line (it's not). The R8 is butter smooth, power, clutch, shifter all soft and smooth (almost too soft/smooth) so when he jumps in the GT3 (heavy, clutch, notchie shifter, tight steering, etc it appeals to his sense of speed much more, which he misses when he gets back into the R8. Only other gripe is you can't run w/ the windows all the way down, the wind buffering is terrible at speed.

We both ran a DE event last weekend and I ran some hot laps in it as well. On track its great but no P-car in terms of endurance. Oil temps started to climb too high after 2-3 laps, brakes started to loose some huff as well (pad and fluid change would correct this), grip is amazing, seats are terrible for holding you in. But all in all it was well sorted, and did I mention sexy as hell. Perfect for 2-4 events / year but if your going to be on track more than that i'd keep the P-car.

GL hope that helps
Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Paul2x
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some incentive for you. - Capristo valved exhuast, APR Tune, H&R's, Sways/links, Stasis 20' custom offsets 265/325. Recaro's, and 4-pt roll bar coming soon. Sexy

Old 08-23-2012, 04:36 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Very nice.

Extra incentive.

Drove my friends R8 on track with a lovely passenger.
GMG exhaust cup tires suspension tweak...

Speakers On!

https://vimeo.com/14440869

Old 08-23-2012, 06:08 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul2x
Some incentive for you. - Capristo valved exhuast, APR Tune, H&R's, Sways/links, Stasis 20' custom offsets 265/325. Recaro's, and 4-pt roll bar coming soon. Sexy

Have you got more info about the roll bar installation?

Quick Reply: Audi R8 V10