Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: Lotus Cup 255 Car, 2007 ultra low miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:09 PM
johnr265
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FS: Lotus Cup 255 Car, 2007 ultra low miles

OK guys, this is NOT out of place as this car is the ultimate stable mate (or dare I even suggest alternative to) a GT3 or GT3 RS (I've owned both). The rawness of this car has to be felt to be appreciated. It was a totally naturally transition from the RS to this car, I am just too tall for it. Check out the listing if you want the ultimate track car.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/...-miles-118426/
Old 08-17-2012, 01:54 AM
johnr265
Pro

Ok, sorry, I was just alerted to the fact you need an account to see the photos on lotustalk so I posted pics in the members classifieds here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale...ml#post9771664

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Mamma Mia!

That is sweet!

GLWS
Old 08-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

looks like fun.......too bad im too tall too
Old 08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 261 Posts

Wow, what a proper car. Purpose built and designed for sure. I really respect the approach Lotus takes w/ their cars - low weight and driver centric. I have to admit though that I still have a bit of a hard time taking these beauties serious though when I see them. I mean, they are just so small when you see them on the street in person. Granted, I've never driven one, so I am simply commenting on my perception seeing them on the road.

GLWS! Would a 6 footer fit? What do you think is the max size that can comfortably fit in this?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm interested, send me concoct info. I'm in NJ also.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 to your comments John. I would ALREADY own an exige cup as a track toy if I wasn't 6'3". With a helmet, I just can't get the seat low enough. What a pleasure to drive though! It is the perfect complement to a GT3, no doubt.

GLWS.

-B
Old 08-17-2012, 02:20 PM
johnr265
Pro

It's hard to say for sure but I would say 6 foot and under. I drove the car in the black run group with some pretty decent drivers and found the car speedwise slotted right in between a 996 GT3 and a 997 GT3 with cornering speeds way higher and straightline speeds a bit lower. It's a different approach to the track but really a fun one. In the RS, I would just sit on someones tail through the turn and punch it, using horsepower to achieve the pass. In the Exige Cup, you hang back a car length or so, gain momentum through the turn and pass the unsuspecting drive with your significantly higher exit speed. Tons of fun.

Originally Posted by os993
Wow, what a proper car. Purpose built and designed for sure. I really respect the approach Lotus takes w/ their cars - low weight and driver centric. I have to admit though that I still have a bit of a hard time taking these beauties serious though when I see them. I mean, they are just so small when you see them on the street in person. Granted, I've never driven one, so I am simply commenting on my perception seeing them on the road.

GLWS! Would a 6 footer fit? What do you think is the max size that can comfortably fit in this?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

So what's next?
Old 08-18-2012, 03:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by johnr265
It's hard to say for sure but I would say 6 foot and under. I drove the car in the black run group with some pretty decent drivers and found the car speedwise slotted right in between a 996 GT3 and a 997 GT3 with cornering speeds way higher and straightline speeds a bit lower. It's a different approach to the track but really a fun one. In the RS, I would just sit on someones tail through the turn and punch it, using horsepower to achieve the pass. In the Exige Cup, you hang back a car length or so, gain momentum through the turn and pass the unsuspecting drive with your significantly higher exit speed. Tons of fun.
right on.
i dont have cup 240, 255 etc. but garden variety exige and elise. basically, just take out the brake pads and just drive. it will bumper draft the RS's...
Old 08-18-2012, 03:33 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

all u tall ppl are missing the fun.
5'10 is about as tall as u can be for the car. once you add helpment it's tight.
if you are much more than 180 lbs... you might end up occupying BOTH seats. i am not kidding. if izzone and peter drove together, one would be on the others lap.....
Old 08-18-2012, 10:58 AM
johnr265
Pro

I try not to get ahead of myself. I like to get rid of one toy before the next comes in. It's funny, the Cup car fell in my lap only 2 days after the RS was gone. I bought it within 2 hours of seeing the ad as these cars come up for sale only once in a blue moon and to find one with such low mileage is unheard of.

I am actually really bummed I'm not keeping it because besides the height issue, it is the PERFECT track car. All of the excitement and speed, ultra light weight, high reliability, and looks with less cost up front and less running and maintenance costs. Did you know that if you were to blow up your engine in the Cup car, a new one is only 4 grand (as compared to the 30 plus grand for an RS engine)? Imagine, worry free driving on the track.....priceless.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
So what's next?
Old 08-18-2012, 12:20 PM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by johnr265
I try not to get ahead of myself. I like to get rid of one toy before the next comes in. It's funny, the Cup car fell in my lap only 2 days after the RS was gone. I bought it within 2 hours of seeing the ad as these cars come up for sale only once in a blue moon and to find one with such low mileage is unheard of.

I am actually really bummed I'm not keeping it because besides the height issue, it is the PERFECT track car. All of the excitement and speed, ultra light weight, high reliability, and looks with less cost up front and less running and maintenance costs. Did you know that if you were to blow up your engine in the Cup car, a new one is only 4 grand (as compared to the 30 plus grand for an RS engine)? Imagine, worry free driving on the track.....priceless.
Would a spec Miata help here, in terms of fitting your height? I see a lot of similarities w/ Lotus and Miata, in terms of focus on simple, light weight approach vs pure HP.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 365 Posts

I am 6' 3" and had the opportunity to instruct in an Exige. I didn't fit too comfortably. I did see one of these cars at the track with no seats. There was a harness system and the driver sat on the floor. Not sure how that would work in terms of cornering. I guess the harness held him in place good enough to keep him happy with the car as a track toy.

BTW that Exige with street suspension and street legal r compounds cornered as good as my Porsche Boxster with AST/Motons, Gt3 lower front control arms and Hoosiers. I did notice it was harder to correct when it starts to spin than my Boxster. It was actually scary at the limit of grip
Old 08-18-2012, 02:11 PM
johnr265
Pro

The at the limit behavior is likely because it was a street setup. The Exige Cup has Ohlins which are double adjustable and the car is very progressive and catchable at the limits. I immediately felt comfortable pushing my car and it gives tons of feedback before doing anything funny. I actually felt it was more stable than my well setup RS at the limits because of the tactile feedback this car gives but I agree with the grip .

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I am 6' 3" and had the opportunity to instruct in an Exige. I didn't fit too comfortably. I did see one of these cars at the track with no seats. There was a harness system and the driver sat on the floor. Not sure how that would work in terms of cornering. I guess the harness held him in place good enough to keep him happy with the car as a track toy.

BTW that Exige with street suspension and street legal r compounds cornered as good as my Porsche Boxster with AST/Motons, Gt3 lower front control arms and Hoosiers. I did notice it was harder to correct when it starts to spin than my Boxster. It was actually scary at the limit of grip

Quick Reply: FS: Lotus Cup 255 Car, 2007 ultra low miles