Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RMS leak.... Comment and Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 09:11 PM
GT3Lover
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RMS leak.... Comment and Question

This is dual folded, just after pulling the trigger on my 07 GT3 three weeks ago, I noticed some good sized pools of oil in the garage, having a RMS leak before on my first 997 GT3, I pretty much knew what the issue was!!!!! Well, my baby is not CPO, and is all out of all warranty, so I took her to my local dealership Boardwalk, and talked to the subject mater experts, the said they could submit something to Porsche in Atlanta to see if they would help. Well, today received a phone call, and Porsche is picking up 85%, which I think is just awesome!!!! So now the question is, obviously I will replace the fly wheel, is there a recommended LWFW to go with, and should I replace also the clutch? I saw a RS kit, not sure if the clutch is a tougher clutch that goes along with the LWFW, but wanted to ask before I send my baby under the knife for the RMS, THANKS!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:25 PM
tursibo996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RS LWFW and 4.0 clutch seem to be the pick lately. That is awesome that they are picking up most of the cost. Was there anything special done on your side or was it just a general inquiry and did they say why they were picking up cost? Does your car have PFC rotors on the front?

Quick Reply: RMS leak.... Comment and Question