Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

School me on towing capacity

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 10:14 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

Sold the van today! Now I get to go truck shopping. Probably going to be Ford Super Duty.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
Sold the van today! Now I get to go truck shopping. Probably going to be Ford Super Duty.
Excellent progress. Selling the E will tell you it's a buyer's market -- so apply that to getting an F (or other.) I'd also look at the finance market (interest rates are all-time low.) So I'd suggest a lease on an F150 v6-turbo as all-rounder extraordinaire.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:29 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

F-150 would work...but not a lot of room to grow. Super duty will pull anything i can imagine ever having. People on the interwebs are reporting 9-12K off MSRP.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
F-150 would work...but not a lot of room to grow. Super duty will pull anything i can imagine ever having. People on the interwebs are reporting 9-12K off MSRP.
If you want to go big and you see the merits (and compromises, don't forget there's no parking spot to take the length of the F250, no lane wide enough, etc) I did the same with the Excursion (effectively a shortened F250 crew cab with third row seats in a weld-shut and painted bed cap then by all means.

As for pricing, with factory incentives, hold-backs, trunk-money, I've seen discounts of $30K when I shopped for the Efff-too-fiddy but now I'm back into procrastinate mode because I don't have time for the track this year. Still, the Excursion is getting on and the features and benefits of the 2012+ Super Duty are becoming appealing, especially once the election is over and we're back to reality. "Depression" is the dent your economy makes well it trips on a double dip recession and stumbles over a fiscal cliff. : |

Quick Reply: School me on towing capacity