Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Mosport info

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 05:17 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mosport info

I'm heading up to Mosport this coming week for NNJR DE event and was wondering about some info...

1 What's a good time for up there for a stock 997.2 GT3 on Hoosiers?

2 Any good videos online of someone going around Mosport?

3 Did the new owners of the track make any changes to the electricity that was available to RV's?

4 Is there WiFi available at the track? Maybe somewhere near the track, or someone knows a password or something?

5 Anything else new to keep in mind up there?

Thanks for any info you can help with. I love the track and am looking forward to getting back up there!

Michael
Old 07-07-2012, 08:44 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good time for a stock 997.2 on hohos is 1:34-1:35. I've seen great drivers doing 1:33's with .2RS on their first time at Mosport.

Here's a video. I'm slow but the vid quality is good and has data so you can get an idea of speeds, etc.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good race footage

The one thing that has changed, at least this year, is that in the double apex corner 2, the first apex is no longer very tight to the cone as it has always been. There is now a depression just after this cone that if you come in tight, the car gets very unsettled - you have to be 5-10 feet off this cone to avoid the depression - I was there last week and I couldn't believe it - every time I took my old line - the car didn't like it.

Once the cars in the above video spread out you can see the line very well.

I will be there to join the Mancation crew - white 997mk1 gt3 with RS wing and Ontario Plates - I will find Peter, Randy and crew - lets all say hello.

Paul

Last edited by 997gt3north; 07-09-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the info! Looking forward to heading up to Mosport. Any other heads up info is appreciated.

Does this mean the Mancation trip will be at Mosport for the NNJR event this coming weekend? I'm not on Rennlist that much these days so have not been following things here much.

Quick Reply: Mosport info