Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
It's too late. I just had the Llumar Air 80 installed and it's great. Had I spent some more time researching I probably would have gone with the Photo Sync however, I think they are all close in performance.

That being said, can you pm me a price for a complete Photo sync tint, windshield included, with the least amount of darkness. I also need a quote on a paint protection. I'm getting my front bumper refinished and would like to cover the entire front end in a month or so.

I want a quote on the window tint for a friend. 997
Actually the heat rejection difference is quite different:

Data for PhotoSync
http://www.prestige-films.com/auto_photosync.shtml

Data for Llumar
http://www.formulaonetinting.com/win...rotection.html

PhotoSync75 (75%)
**Total Solar Energy Rejection comes in at 53.5% before SAC activation (this is when the film is exposed to infrared that it's composition alters to improve on heat rejection). After SAC activation, the solar energy rejection rating goes to 61%
**80%-88% of infrared rejection

Llumar80 (78%)
**Total Solar Energy Rejection - 43%
**Infrared Rejection - no rating
Spectra PhotoSync IRD - Highest heat blocking window film in industry
Authorized Modesta and Nanolex Dealer

Checkout our Youtube Channel!
Premier's Youtube

B: 510-623-1308
42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA 94538
sales@premiermobilegroup.com
http://www.facebook.com/premierprotectivefilms

Old 08-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is another test we just conducted with PhotoSync65

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 PM
CS2CC6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Premier
Thank you for all the support. Here at Premier, we prefer to provide real world results. Below are the tests we have conducted and the difference is tremendous. The newest product we have beta-tested for 2 yrs and have just launched to offer for our clients in our Norcal facility only (not yet available for Socal facility) and the feedback's been great....especially when it's documented by our own tests

Manufacturer: Prestige Film Technologies
Site: www.prestige-films.com
when will the new product be available in SoCal ?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:27 PM
medpilot105
Instructor

Late to the game but I'm actually sitting in Premier's lounge right now getting a bit extra work done. No question the PhotoSync works and works well. And, I'm using the lightest tint shade at 65%. Paint protection film with a custom cut is incredible, too. If one goes with Premier, you'll be very satisfied.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,985 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Actually the heat rejection difference is quite different:

Data for PhotoSync
http://www.prestige-films.com/auto_photosync.shtml

Data for Llumar
http://www.formulaonetinting.com/win...rotection.html

PhotoSync75 (75%)
**Total Solar Energy Rejection comes in at 53.5% before SAC activation (this is when the film is exposed to infrared that it's composition alters to improve on heat rejection). After SAC activation, the solar energy rejection rating goes to 61%
**80%-88% of infrared rejection

Llumar80 (78%)
**Total Solar Energy Rejection - 43%
**Infrared Rejection - no rating
Infrared transmitted is less than 11%. That being said, I assume that infrared rejection is about 90%. They are all premium tints and they all will do the job.

I don't know what you charge as I am still waiting on a price quote via PM, but I paid $350 for my 997.1 GT3 to get tinted on all the windows, including the windshield. That's $350 out the door. I know what they charge for the 3M and I'm assuming that the Photo Sync is about the same.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 08-29-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 PM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Infrared transmitted is less than 11%. That being said, I assume that infrared rejection is about 90%. They are all premium tints and they all will do the job.

I don't know what you charge as I am still waiting on a price quote via PM, but I paid $350 for my 997.1 GT3 to get tinted on all the windows, including the windshield. That's $350 out the door. I now what they charge for the #M and I'm assuming that the Photo Sync is about the same.
Actually, F1 does not list IR rejection as part of their testing, so there are no numbers. However, products that typically produce 40% Total Solar Energy Rejection do not have more than 60% IR blockage. It is not to say the product you have is not good....it is a good product that will do its job for blocking out UV and some heat.

As for pricing, we actually do not carry PhotoSync in our Socal office. For those outside of our Norcal location, please contact the manufacturer directly to see who in your area carries this product.

http://www.prestige-films.com/contact.shtml
Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by CS2CC6
when will the new product be available in SoCal ?
Spectra PhotoSync is currently available only through our Northern California facility. We do not have a product launch date for our Socal office at the moment....sorry.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:29 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Actually, F1 does not list IR rejection as part of their testing, so there are no numbers. However, products that typically produce 40% Total Solar Energy Rejection do not have more than 60% IR blockage. It is not to say the product you have is not good....it is a good product that will do its job for blocking out UV and some heat.

As for pricing, we actually do not carry PhotoSync in our Socal office. For those outside of our Norcal location, please contact the manufacturer directly to see who in your area carries this product.

http://www.prestige-films.com/contact.shtml
Spectra PhotoSync is currently available only through our Northern California facility. We do not have a product launch date for our Socal office at the moment....sorry.
So you come on this thread to promote your tint, bag the Llumar that I just had installed, then go on to say that you don't carry the stuff and have no date when you will be carrying it? What gives? Why do this?

You say that F1 does not list IR rejection and then say that there are no numbers then go on to rate it subpar to the Photo Sync. How can you rate it subpar if you don't have the numbers?

I know that F1 doesn't list the numbers, but that doesn't mean that there are no numbers. Here are the numbers:

Visible Light Transmittance: 78%
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 43%
Visible Light Reflected: 9%
Ultraviolet Rejected: 99.9 %
Infrared Transmission (1600 Nanometers): <11%
Infrared Transmission (1090 Nanometers): <17%
*Properties measured with film mounted to 3mm clear glass.

The above is taken from this site: http://windowfilmonline.wordpress.co...film/#more-305

I see IR transmission so would it be safe to say that the remainder would be IR rejection?

That being said, your Photosync may be some damn good stuff but there is no reason discount the Llumar with assumptions.

If anyone is looking for tint. Read this site and get informed, then make up your own minds. The Photosync has some good numbers, but if it cost $1,000 to install, then one may be better off giving up a percentage or two of ir, uv, you name it, to save hundreds of dollars.

http://windowfilmonline.wordpress.com/about/

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 08-31-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:21 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RAudi,

Im going to the place to get Llumar installed when i come back from my trip. I agree with you that all these are premium films but I am not paying near 1k. I rather save money for track related consumable stuff. Thanks for your recommendation.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Premier
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

RAudi,
Apologies, but it was never our intent to offend. Completely understand the need to defend a product that one just purchased. On our end, we are merely stating the numbers for comparison purposes because we are very much about the technicals when it comes to the performance of products. And to test products we carry for our clients, we will have to utilize and compare information provided to us by multiple manufacturers. In addition to this evaluation, we also put these products to real world tests as we have documented in the videos above.

We have been installing window films since 97, so we have extensive experience in this field and are constantly testing products on the market. Between the two products, there are significant differences. Infrared rejection is one of two key measures in the performance of a window film. In the information provided by your link, notice how the transmittance is drastically different based on nanometers (nm)? This is because IR transmittance for Llumar's product will fluctuate based on this measurement and performance of the product will decrease quite drastically when nm is higher.

The 2nd form of measurement is Total Solar Energy Rejection. This is also quite important to showing how a product performs in blocking out solar heat. To give a well rounded comparison of any products' performance, this is why we presented both numbers for viewing (it was not to put down a product you purchased) to show why we believe in this product so much.

Again, we are sorry to have offended you RAudi. We are promoting a product that we carry and believe in and like most companies, we are not everywhere. This is why we are constantly mentioning the manufacturer so those who are interested in this product can contact them to see who is in their area that is carrying this product.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:37 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

No offense taken. I'm just super picky about my purchases and don't want any buyer's remorse. I was starting to feel some and had to find some saving grace so that I would be satisfied with my purchase.

If I had run into this ad campaign before I went forward with my tint, I may have gone with the Photo Snc. However, since it's not avaiable in So Cal, I guess I did alright. Anyways, I still need a clear body wrap so let talk.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:38 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

So you come on this thread to promote your tint, bag the Llumar that I just had installed, then go on to say that you don't carry the stuff and have no date when you will be carrying it? What gives? Why do this?

You say that F1 does not list IR rejection and then say that there are no numbers then go on to rate it subpar to the Photo Sync. How can you rate it subpar if you don't have the numbers?

I know that F1 doesn't list the numbers, but that doesn't mean that there are no numbers. Here are the numbers:

Visible Light Transmittance: 78%
Total Solar Energy Rejected: 43%
Visible Light Reflected: 9%
Ultraviolet Rejected: 99.9 %
Infrared Transmission (1600 Nanometers): <11%
Infrared Transmission (1090 Nanometers): <17%
*Properties measured with film mounted to 3mm clear glass.

The above is taken from this site: http://windowfilmonline.wordpress.co...film/#more-305

I see IR transmission so would it be safe to say that the remainder would be IR rejection?

That being said, your Photosync may be some damn good stuff but there is no reason discount the Llumar with assumptions.

If anyone is looking for tint. Read this site and get informed, then make up your own minds. The Photosync has some good numbers, but if it cost $1,000 to install, then one may be better off giving up a percentage or two or ir, uv, you name it, to save hundreds of dollars.

http://windowfilmonline.wordpress.com/about/
Thanks RAudi..very informative and excellent feedback/reasoning above!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 PM
emmros
Instructor

Originally Posted by medpilot105
Late to the game but I'm actually sitting in Premier's lounge right now getting a bit extra work done. No question the PhotoSync works and works well. And, I'm using the lightest tint shade at 65%. Paint protection film with a custom cut is incredible, too. If one goes with Premier, you'll be very satisfied.
I just had my Maserati done recently and Wow! I've had Huper on my other car and I would say the difference is noticeable especially on a hot day. I don't have any numbers, but the feel when the sun hits my face is diff enough for me to feel it. Thx Premier for taking care of my new baby!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a nice tint job on my 997.2 C4S put on by Metropolitan Detail. However, I am not tinting my GT3 track car because it is only sunny here in Seattle for a few weeks here
Did have them change out the hood clear bra for full hood wrap and installed Clearplex on the windscreen. Have it on the other car. A necessity IMO
Relax .... It's just tint.

Quick Reply: What brand window tint are you using?